Home of the Smurf Community

Post anything non-smurf related here.
Page 1 of 1
Postby Gerda » Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:15 am
Has anyone seen the new ebay rules for sellers coming out, some I think are ok but the one that has me scratching my head is the one where you can no longer ask buyers to purchase shipping insurance and that ebay belevies that sellers are responsible for packages up until they arrive at someones door :shock: How in the world can we controll what the post office does :-? granted it is rare but items do get lost so why should a seller be left with nothing. Ebay just can't leave well enough alone :banghead:
happily smurfing along

Postby Smurfysmurf » Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:22 am
I haven't seen them yet, Gerda..are there any major changes? :-?

Ebay always took the stand that it's the seller's responsiblity, or so it seemed to me because the one or two times I didn't receive a package they've always decided in my favor. As a seller, I used to reimburse the buyer if a package got lost...thankfully that happened only once :cheers:
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/
===============================

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Gerda » Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:38 am
I did not read through all the rules, one thing that I think is good is that they are penalizing sellers who have there ratings drop on there five star system (like the shipping time, shipping charges) That rule I think is good, I just think in that star rating they should add something about packing because we all have seen sellers who don't pack worth a hill of beans and then something goes broke.
I just don't think it is fair if you have a shipping receipt and something gets lost you should be responsible for it if it is not your fault.
happily smurfing along

Postby eggie smurf » Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:43 am
I just don't think it is fair if you have a shipping receipt and something gets lost you should be responsible for it if it is not your fault.
Or it's fragile and you have packaged it the best you can....I know the sellers that don't care how they package fragile items but I, for one, am an excellent packer and still things can get broken in the post. So there's no way I would want to be responsible for something the post office does! That's an absurd rule that you can't have shipping insurance...it makes absolutely no sense because ebay doesn't get anything from the postage anyway :-? I suppose if it IS a fragile item being sold, the seller should just put it in their handling charge or add it to the postage anyway and put insurance on it :o
:dory: Staci :dory:
Page 1 of 1

Login