Home of the Smurf Community

Post anything non-smurf related here.
Page 1 of 1
Postby bwalters » Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:25 pm
Hi all; last night I bought a new DVD player. Just a cheap Memorex one I hardly ever use it. Anyway I hooked it up and had not put the batteries in the remote yet. So I just turned it on from the box. As I stood up the channel that I had the TV on went off. I went to my remote and changed the channel it worked and all the others did too just not channel 8. So I figured it was that station. I had also bought the new Smurf DVD so I put it in and watched it. At 10 oclock the news was comming on so I switched back to the TV still no channel 8 but I had all the others. So again I figured that channel 8 was having problems. I got home from work to find that channel still did not work. So I called them and talked to the engineering guy. I am a pretty technical guy myself thats what I do fix things. As he was telling me to do all the things I had already done 10 times I looked at the TV and saw the input cables I had hooked up last night, and got to wondering if the DVD player had anything to do with it. At this point I could not even get a bleep. When I unplugged the first two cables the TV came on a poor picture but it came on for a few seconds. I walked over and unplugged the power cord and Boom the TV picture came on perfectly. Go Figure. I took the DVD player back and got a new one.
Mr Bill

Postby Tojo » Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:21 am
That is wierd :banghead:

I hope that the new one works ok.
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby bwalters » Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:03 am
Hi Tojo; Yes the new one works just fine.
Mr Bill

Postby André » Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:24 am
Bill,

haven´t you heard about the new intelligent machines, like the refrigerator which tells you when you have to buy new milk, eggs, butter etc..

Maybe this was one of these hightech DVD-players and it just didn´t want you to look at channel 8. :-?

/André

Postby bwalters » Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:36 am
:haha: :) :) That made me laugh Andre'. What was so funny is all that was connected was the power cord, and channel 8 still didn't work. Once I unplugged it channel 8 came in clear as a bell. I forgot to mention there are 3 three channel 8's none worked but channels that I had not gotten before came in clear. I can no longer pick up those channels they come and go now. Another weird thing is channel 8 is about 15 miles from my house and comes in clear now. Channel 17 is about a block away from my house I get it but it will sometimes come and go depending on the weather.
Mr Bill
Page 1 of 1

Login