Home of the Smurf Community

Post anything non-smurf related here.
Page 1 of 1
Postby Mark » Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:15 am
Hi everyone,

It's been a while since I posted here or updated my website.

I just just wanted to let you all know that I have been slow-smurfing for a while now.

This has a good reason, my girlfriend and I have decided to take a year off from everything, just pack our bags and head to Australia for an entire year to go on a working holiday.

We will be leaving for cairns on november 14th. From cairns we will travel south to be in sydney on newyears-eve. We don't have any idea what we will do or where we will go after that.

I'm very excited about all of this.

Hope you all understand why I kinda stopt smurfing for a while.

Greetings to you all,

Mark

Postby Smurfysmurf » Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:19 am
Hi Mark :hiya:

Great to hear from you.

Sounds like a fantastic time ahead of you, and I think everybody can understand why smurfs aren't a top priority for you right now.

Many years ago, I've taken six months off and came to the US to see how I would like it (apparently I liked it a lot), and those six months are among the best of my life so far.

Enjoy your time in Australia and if you have Internet access, it would be great if you drop by and keep us updated how you are doing.
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/
===============================

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby stampysmurf » Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:54 pm
Best Wishes! :D

Postby Tojo » Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:52 am
That sounds fantastic Mark :-D

I did the same back in 1990/1991 going to Oz via New England, California & Hawaii in the U.S., Fiji & Aukland, N.Z.

It's an expeience I'll never forget & something that I recommend to everyone I talk to. Also, I met Mrs Tojo whilst in Oz.

Have a wonderful time :cheers: :cheers:
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:01 am
Hi Mark!!! :hiya:

Great to hear form you. :D Your work&travel programme sounds tight. :D

Have a great time!!! :D

Postby SmurfingH » Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:37 am
I've done that too! Just wish I'd thought to look for smurfs on my way round Oz but as I spent most of time in the outback I doubt I would have found any! :) :) Have a great time! :cheers: :cheers:

Postby bradley » Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:49 am
I hope you enjoy your stay in Australia Mark! You will enjoy Sydney for the New Years fireworks. Thats a good plan. I've never been but I watch them on tv every year and they look amazing! So in person I can only imagine how awesome they must be. Come to South Australia, hehe :-D

Postby Mark » Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:53 am
Hi,

Thanks for all the messages! I will come to south australia bradley, we are planning on seeing adelaide and we want to visit the set of mcleod's daughters in Freeling. Coober pedy is also on our to see list.

If you have any tips, I would love to hear them!

Greetings mark

Postby bradley » Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:08 am
Hi,

Thanks for all the messages! I will come to south australia bradley, we are planning on seeing adelaide and we want to visit the set of mcleod's daughters in Freeling. Coober pedy is also on our to see list.

If you have any tips, I would love to hear them!

Greetings mark
They've sold the Mcleod's Daughters property I believe. It was up for auction/or sale last year or year before. So I think it sold. South Australia you have Adelaide, you can see the malls balls :), if you like cafes, shopping you can go to Glenelg. Relax down south at Victor Harbor or go further to Robe/Mt Gambier. Then there are beaches, lots of wineries, the Barossa. And lots more.

Postby Mark » Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:19 am
It's a shame to hear that the mcleod's set has been sold. I think we'll head down to freeling anyway to try if we can see it, if not we'll just check freeling for spots like the Pub and truckstop.

I just checked what those balls were on google, and I have to say that are some weird balls. But it will be fun to take a picture of.

I'll keep in mind the rest of your tips, Thanks a lot!! :-D :D

Greetings,

Mark

Postby bradley » Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:57 am
I just checked what those balls were on google, and I have to say that are some weird balls. But it will be fun to take a picture of.
lol... its not very exciting HA. 2 balls in the middle of the main shopping mall in Adelaide.

The McLeods house/property sold for over 1 million dollars.
Page 1 of 1

Login