Home of the Smurf Community

Post anything non-smurf related here.
Page 1 of 1
Postby Smurfysmurf » Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:40 pm
I was never a huge fan...but this is shocking, if true

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_obit_michael_jackson

:rose:
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby stampysmurf » Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:08 pm
I just read about this, how sad. He was such a talented person.

Postby bwalters » Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:34 pm
His death was quite unexpected. I am older that he was. Farrah Faucet's death was expected she has not been well for a few years.
Mr Bill

Postby bradley » Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:10 am
yes very un-expected and shocking news when I woke up this morning. He was definitely the biggest pop superstar in the world. I think Michael Jackson is one of those artists whos music will live on forever just like Elvis. Very talented, great music. It seems really sad that his life has ended.

Farrah Fawcett we knew it was coming. Yesterday they were reporting she was on her death bed. Very sad. Michael Jackson has sort of over shadowed her passing today though. I saw some of that doco she was filming while going through all the cancer treatments. very touching and I thought wow. amazing woman, and her fight. It was moving to watch. Again very sad to loose Farrah. I have a best of Charlies Angels dvd, hehe :D .

Postby naish510 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:08 am
It's all over the news here too !!

Postby SmurfingH » Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:43 pm
I hadn't heard about Farrah. Did she marry Ryan O'Neal before she died? He'll be devastated. I think I'm far more upset about her than I am about Michael Jackson. I'm really not surprised that he's died so young, but Farrah had so much to live for. :( :(

Postby bwalters » Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:05 pm
I don't think Farrah and Ryan ever divorced. They did separate I am not positive but I think they were still married. On another note I went to work on Tuesday and heard that a man had called 911, His house trailer was on fire and his legs wouldn't work and he couldn't get out. He said it was getting hot and to hurry. By the time the fire dept got there 7 min the house was all but gone. Later that night I heard on the news his name. Johnny Shettlesworth. I was friends with him as a child, but had not seen him in 40 years. But if you are ever my friend you are always my friend. Oh course he died in the fire along with his dog. The cause of death was listed as smoke inhailation which is a polite was to say you burned up. I thought when I first heard it What a horable way to die. That was before I found out I knew him.
Mr Bill

Postby Azrael » Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:21 am
Poor Michael. Laura and I had tickets to see him as well. He was messed up near the end, but whatever anyone says, you cannot deny the guy had so many gifts and was a genius. To me, he joins Elvis, Buddy, Lennon and Harrison in the great ranks in the sky.

x
www.britishcollectorsclub.com The Smurf Collectors Club

Postby Cassiebsg » Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:12 am
@Bill :hug: What an horrible way to die. :( :( :(
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Postby bwalters » Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:27 am
Thank you Cassieburg. My father also died in a fire but in an auto accident. That was 40 years ago. I saw a man die that way a few years later. He was driving a gasoline truck and swerved to miss a volkesvagaon that the wind had blown in his lane. The car behind the girls drove under the gas truck and it exploded. I was standing about 10 feet from him but the fire was too intense to get to him. He was trying desperately to get out of the fire but to no avail. Only the two girls survived that accident. My wife was 8 months pregnant and was standing next to me but didn't see the man thank god. When I realized he was there I made her turn away and go back to the car.
Mr Bill

Postby Smurfysmurf » Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:41 am
That is horrible, Bill.

One of my cousin's fiance burnt to death just weeks before their wedding a few years ago. He fell asleep in his recliner with a lit cigarette and that thing went up in flames in no time. He survived it but never gained consciousness. He died when they turned off the machines a few days later.

Hil, I don't think Ryan and Farrah ever got married. From what I read they had planned on doing so just before her death, but I guess time ran out for them.

I guess, what shocked me the most about Michael Jackson's death was the suddeness of it, and the fact he was 50..."Beat it" and "Thriller" were some of the first Videos and songs I remember hearing. I am sure we will soon hear of sightings of him, just as we do of Elvis sightings.

My heart goes out especially to his children...
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter
Page 1 of 1

Login