Home of the Smurf Community

Post anything non-smurf related here.
Page 1 of 1
Postby Pitufo » Fri May 29, 2009 10:05 am
Hi everyone!!!!!!!!

I got my license for driving in 1994...But I hadn´t driven for years...After 14 years I have gone to the city alone today!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
JOAQUÍN

Postby Lia » Fri May 29, 2009 10:51 am
Great! :jump:

Postby eggie smurf » Fri May 29, 2009 11:05 am
Sounds like it was a successful drive! Any reason you haven't driven for so long :driver:
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby SmurfingH » Fri May 29, 2009 1:05 pm
Well done you! :hug: It can be quite intimidating if you haven't driven in a while.

Postby Tojo » Fri May 29, 2009 3:28 pm
How did you feel after not having driven for so long Joaquin?

We bought our present car in 2002 & that was the first car I'd owned since 1990. It was wierd driving at first but I soon got used to it again. I don't have to go into the city very often (maybe once a year) but it always scares the life out of me as most people drive like loonies in their little hairdriers on wheels so I just look forwards & hope nothing happens :) Our car is built more for the US market so is ideal for driving in a relaxed manner in a straight line - it hates curves etc :)
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby Smurfysmurf » Fri May 29, 2009 4:00 pm
:hug: Well done, Joaquin :hug:

I never had a car or even driver's license until I moved to the US and couldn't imagine driving in a city in Europe with those itsy bitsy roads and cars parked along side it. I think it takes a lot of talent to drive in a European city :shock: :) :) :)
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/
===============================

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby stampysmurf » Fri May 29, 2009 4:48 pm
Congratulations! :D :D Glad you did it! I'm not a fan of driving in the snow :snowing:

Postby bwalters » Fri May 29, 2009 6:03 pm
Is that what that story I saw on the international news was about. :) :). I drive and have driven everyday for the last 40 years. But I hate to dive in the city. We do have wider roads and streets, but even at that the way some people drive scares me too. I have even driven on the Autobaun in Germany. That was a hair raising experernce. I was driving a friends car and we were going around a 100 MPH I think that 160 KPH I had just looked in the rear veiw mirror and nothing was there and all the sudden a car flew past us. Scared me to death. Unfortunately for the driver of that car we came upon his accident about 20 min later. The car was in a million pieces none any bigger that a tire and wheel.
Mr Bill

Postby Tojo » Fri May 29, 2009 7:03 pm
That was a hair raising experernce. I was driving a friends car and we were going around a 100 MPH I think that 160 KPH I had just looked in the rear veiw mirror and nothing was there and all the sudden a car flew past us. Scared me to death. Unfortunately for the driver of that car we came upon his accident about 20 min later. The car was in a million pieces none any bigger that a tire and wheel.
That happens to me a lot too. When on the Autobahn I drive between 140 & 180 kmh depending on road conditions & there's always loads of Audis & Porsches overtaking me going at some incredible speed. I haven't seen one in a trillion pieces yet but some of those drivers deserve it :angry: They're often the ones who cause accidents in which others get hurt & the looney doesn't get a scratch :banghead:
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby bwalters » Fri May 29, 2009 8:12 pm
Well I didn't see a body but there was a ton of blood everywhere. even the engine was in pieces. We sat in traffic for a very long time. We were not the first to arrive but we were not too far back.
Mr Bill

Postby Syd Smurf » Fri May 29, 2009 9:27 pm
Well done Joaquin. After such a long break from driving it must of been a little scary getting behind the wheel again.

I've been driving people madevery day for the last 15 years
When on the Autobahn I drive between 140 & 180 kmh depending on road conditions & there's always loads of Audis & Porsches overtaking me going at some incredible speed.
I wasn't the one driving but that was my experience on the Autobahn too Tojo.......I just looked out the windows and watched the speedy cars zoom by and then quickly disappear. I was warned that the car I was in might fall apart if we tried to go any faster. Just for the record we drove from Nettetal to Meppin which was about a 3 hour drive......with a short break to visit a tree on the side of the road. :flush: :-?

Dyar

Postby André » Sat May 30, 2009 2:50 am
Great Joaquin,

just take it slow so you don´t get hurt in a accident. After a while you get the feeling back. :D

/André

Postby Picaja » Sat May 30, 2009 12:26 pm
Well done :D :driver:
:hiya: We Love Smurfs :-D

:naughtysmurf: Nance

Postby Michelle » Sun May 31, 2009 12:39 am
BIG BOY!!!! :)
Next time you can drive me to the restaurant and to the fair!
And maybe you can go and pick up the other smurfers....

am I still a good host???
Big hug and well done my friend

Michelle
SUNDAY the 12th of October 2014!! Save the date!!! The 7th edition of Blue Paradise!!!!

Blue Paradise

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:53 am
Well done, brother. :D
Page 1 of 1

Login