Home of the Smurf Community

Post anything non-smurf related here.
Page 2 of 2

Postby André » Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:22 am
Gerda,

We have 3 computers, 3 tv´s, a xbox 360 and a Wii.

The problem is to figure out more interesting things for the children to do, which can compete with these.

But as you say we can´t live without them and I wouldn´t want that either.

/André

Postby Gerda » Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:00 pm
My parents always complain because my kids don't always want to play with toys, they rather sit at the xbox or computer, but now a days if a kid does not have access to at least a computer he his behind. Heck the schools do most of there teaching on computers now so i'm happy when my kids find all these free games online, There is no more going to someone's house and playing. they all hook up on line and hang out there, it is sad but it is just how things are going (heck just take a look at me, can't get off the computer) its a drug!! :)
happily smurfing along

Postby André » Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:16 pm
That is true Gerda,

especially this time of the year when it is dark outside.

But when the spring comes we spend more time outside, because we have a big garden. And when my wife works with garden and flowers the children also loves growing plants and things like that. I guess it is the thing we talked about earlier. The children see what the parents does and try to do the same.

But there will still be time for smurfsurfing on internet, offcourse. :D

Maybe I should get a laptop with wireless connection and sit in the garden at the same time. :)

/André

Postby Gerda » Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:19 pm
Maybe I should get a laptop with wireless connection and sit in the garden at the same time. :)

/André
that sounds good.. i've been using it when sick or sitting watching tv,
I can't wait till spring, that is when i'm oustide alot too cleaing up the yard and getting everything to look nice, once it gets hot then i'm inside again.
happily smurfing along
Postby Schildkoete » Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:40 pm
Hi Gerda :cheers:

I'm sorry to hear about the "Vista" problem. :-D
Yes the tool is a problem. :(
Old software doesn't work and it's to kittenish.
So I have change to Ubuntu --> it's free the support is o.k.
and with the "wine" tool you can go on with old MS software (some times)

:cool: :cool:
:turtle: Ingo :D

Postby Cassiebsg » Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:38 pm
Only time I get that "you need a subject line" error msg, is usually cause I hit "new topic" instead of the "reply" button. :eek:

As for Vista I'm happy I'm not using it. :-D But my bf has installed it on his laptop and is working fine... even with all his :x :angry: :argue: to it. ;)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...
Page 2 of 2

Login