Home of the Smurf Community

Post anything non-smurf related here.
Page 1 of 1
Postby bwalters » Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:15 pm
I just caught the end of a story saying that. A govener said that handicaped people have no place in the work place. Three years ago (aprox) I was working on a copy machine I was sitting on the floor in front of a door. When I heard a tapping noise to my left. When I looked it was a blind man walking straight for me. I stopped him and quickly got out of his way and told him it was OK to procede. He came into the room that I was working in. Walked to a refrigerator and grabbed a soda. Then walked to another door and went into what looked like a shop. This was a heating an Air conditioning place. While all of this was going on I noticed that not only was he blind but he only had one arm and one leg. I was truley impressed. I was even more impressed when I figured out that he worked there answering the phones and taking service calls.
About two weeks ago. I saw a story about him on my local TV chanel. It appears he had shot a deer. With the help of a conservation agent which had an electronic scope connected to the scope on the blind guys gun and telling him to aim left/right and up/down. And when to fire but he pulled the trigger and got him.
On another note. My best friend is also blind. I went to see him about two months ago and he built a little sun room on the back of him house. I knew he could have done it when he could see. But never thought he could Blind.

TELL ME THEY HAVE NO PLACE WORKING! THEY CAN DO ANYTHING THEY PUT THEIR MINDS TO.
Mr Bill

Postby SmurfingH » Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:14 am
Well said Bill! :D

Postby eggie smurf » Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:25 am
I have a feeling that governor won't be re-elected for that comment. Anyone can do whatever they set their minds too...there are more able-bodied people in this world that do absolutely nothing constructive by choice...those are the ones that have no place in the work force because they choose not to :???:
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby bwalters » Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:34 am
Hi Staci; I didn't know you knew my nieghbor.LOL I watch him do things around the house work on his car or whatever. But he has carple tunnell can's do work at a job. My best friend doesn't work either. But he is blind and doesn't take money from the rest of us. He owned part of a nursing home which when it was sold netted him a pertty good chunk of change. I used to work there also but my best friend was working me to death and I didn't ever get paid for what I did. Free room and board I guess is kind of a payment. I could have been part owner if I had stayed. :banghead: :banghead:
Mr Bill
Page 1 of 1

Login