Home of the Smurf Community

Post anything non-smurf related here.
Page 1 of 1
Postby bwalters » Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:32 am
Hi All; Max woke me up this morning about 6 am I guess I wasn't awake yet when I let him outside. I forgot to hook the cable I keep him on when outside to him. I usually give him several min to do his thing so I made coffee turned on my computer and TV went to the bathroom myself. When I opened the door I usually follow the cable with my eyes to find him there are a couple of places he can get that I can't see. I finally found the end of the cable still laying in my livingroom floor. I just about opened the door to try and find him and there he was about 10 feet away. What I sometimes do to get him to come in is lift the mail slot and drop it. He will alway come when I do that. I did it and here he came right into the house. Luckyly nothing caught his attention he would have been gone. Altho I have seen him just sitting there watching the guy at burger king take out the garbage can and a squrrel would be standing within three feet of him.
Mr Bill

Postby Smurfysmurf » Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:28 pm
You are very lucky with Max, Bill.

My three dogs stay in their kennel (it's a big one) unless there is a storm brewing (or lately rain). Then Petee (my oldest) regains all of his strenght to get out of the kennel. Last week he unlocked the door by pushing the hooks away. I didn't even know the dogs were out, as it was raining too hard for them to be anywhere but in the doghouses. Once I opened the windows I saw the open and empty kennel...let's just say, I was not happy...not happy at all.

Petee is the most wonderful dog in the world...but if it rains or there is a storm coming he just loses his mind. Thankfully, he is so scared that he hides under the porch or won't run off, which is a good thing, since it's hunting season. The problem is that the other two are also getting out, and since they are not scared, they take the opportunity for an extra stroll in the woods :???:
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/
===============================

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby bwalters » Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:08 pm
I am not sure what kind of kennel you have. My friend from work has two of her four dog's in a chain link kennel. They have also had the dogs break out. They hook a leash above the latch so they can't lift it. My boss has one too. But I don't think his ever have gotten out. I wouldn't worry about them if they did. They are really far in the country and a long ways from a paved highway.
Mr Bill
Page 1 of 1

Login