Home of the Smurf Community

Post anything non-smurf related here.
Page 1 of 1
Postby Smurfysmurf » Sat May 31, 2008 4:26 pm
I was wondering what everybody's thought and opinions are on the new ebay Feedback policies.

If I understand it correctly, sellers can no longer leave negative Feedback, which is great for buyers, but where does it leave sellers? :-?

Another thing that changed is that if the same person leaves you several Feedback it only counts as one.
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Gerda » Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:31 am
I thought the feedback always did count as one and now it counts as many, as my feedback jumped up over 200 overnight (I dont' shop that much :) )

I like that sellers can not leave negative, I have had neutral feedback left for me only because I complained to the seller after they did a very sh@ty job on there end so neutral was warnted if not even a neg, Ebay protects sellers more anyway in other ways so this isn't too bad. I just think ebay is really going down hill in the way they handle things, they always talk buyer protection and trying to do things honestly but if you see or have a problem they treat you like a comon criminal when reporting it. I know there use to be a time when you can report fakes, now it isn't so easy. It is becomeing a scammers dream and buyers need to be more aware!

gerda
happily smurfing along

Postby Cassiebsg » Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:39 am
My opionion on this is, that it protects the buyer, which is good, but leaves the seeller no option to report on a bad buyer - and they exist.

I think the system should be: a seller can not give feedback (negative/neutral?) after the buyer has given feedback. Since once the buyer gives feedback, that should mean that he/she has payed and recieved it's item (or not). That would end with the revenge feedback from the sellers that wait for the buyer to give feedback and then go and give after they gotten theirs.
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Postby Guest » Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:49 am
I would prefer another system
The ratings from buyer or seller are getting visible at the same time... so no one is able to see how the transaction will be rated from the other side. (It is already done on other auction platforms) Additionally this would force buyer/seller to rate the transaction otherwise he will get also no rating....

Postby paolo » Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:21 pm
It seems that now sellers no longer give feedbacks to buyers.
I usually leave positive feedback as soon as the item arrives and I verify that it is as described and that the shipping charges I paid for are not much more than the real ones incurred by the seller.
But for the latest 15 transactions I left positive feedbacks for, I'm still waiting for the positive feedback from the seller.

Postby Smurfysmurf » Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:53 am
Now that the system has been in place for a while, has it changed how you do business on ebay?

Has it really made sellers more willing to work with you?

As a seller, are buyers more likely to leave negative Feedback now or has everything stayed the same?

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D

Hidden in the Woods

Postby SmurfingH » Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:34 am
I've had a few items not arrive over the last few months and I still don't leave negative feedback. :???: The Paypal claim process has improved in that there is no longer a lower limit and in each case I got my money back. I don't want to leave positive feedback for something I didn't get, but I don't want to leave neutral or negative feedback for something that's been resolved. All in all it hasn't made much of a change, although I suppose I'm more relaxed as I don't worry about unwarranted negative feedback.

I had wondered about all the fakes and homemades on there. I don't have a problem with either providing they're described clearly as what they really are. I do have a problem with people trying to pass them off as licensed originals! :angry: I haven't tried to report any though. I think ebay is possibly too large to concentrate on this although it's still fraud in my book! :x

Postby smurfieduck » Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:31 am
The new system helped me recently - well kind of.....Ebay could have done more as you will see....

A few months ago I won two schleich animal figures from the same seller. So, I enquired if the seller offered 'combined postage discount'. The seller didn't reply and I didn't pay straight away due to waiting for a response. Anyhow, after about a week, I messaged the seller to say that I was not impressed by her lack of response and that I was keen to pay her. My goodness, I didn't expect to get the reply that I eventually got - she was totally abusive and unwilling to give a postage discount.
The only thing I could do was pay her BUT I did report her to Ebay because she sent a few more abusive messages & left negative comments in my feedback (sellers aren't allowed to do this). Ebay removed the comments and that was all!! In my opinion the seller should have at least been suspended.
A few more days went by and I still had not received my items - I opened up a Paypal dispute. Eventually the animal figures did turn up but so did more abusive messages - this has got to be the worse Ebayer that I have ever had to deal with and to think all I did was to ask about 'postage discount' (this is something that I get asked all the time by my customers and I think nothing of it). She also left yet another negative feedback (comments) - called me a s**t Ebayer!! Again, Ebay removed these comments.
What annoys me the most is that Ebay has done nothing about this seller's behaviour - she is still trading and active on Ebay. This stinks!!! :angry:
smurfieduck :-)

Carry on Smurfin' - and have a Smurfin' good day!!!!

Postby SmurfingH » Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:57 am
That is bad Duckie. :x Glad you got it sorted out but you'd think they'd have suspended her or something.

Postby Tojo » Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:17 pm
That sort of behaviour stinks!!!

I've never sold anything on ebay but I have bought quite a lot this past year. So far I've never had any problems with any of the sellers & I hope it stays that way.
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby eggie smurf » Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:03 pm
As a seller, are buyers more likely to leave negative Feedback now
Yes, I got my first F*%*ing negative just this week after 500+ feedbacks and 100% positive rating and it was from quite an impatient jerk...he didn't purchase shipping insurance (which I made optional) and blamed me for it being damaged (this was not a smurf item - it was electronic - you'd THINK one would be smart enough to buy $6 insurance on a $300 piece of electronic equipment DUH!) and stated I was "not helpful" (when the dude emailed a hundred times before bidding to ask questions which I answered all promptly and courteously and then he asks me to send it as a "gift" after he won so as not to pay customs tax, which I did!) :angry: On top of that, he stated I was "slow" to ship, when in fact, UK customs kept the item for 7 days before delivering it (I was able to track it online which the dude asked me about twice so I sent him the link for tracking and it was in the UK 7 days before he received it, which he knew the whole time too!!) :twisted: :x
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby SmurfingH » Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:50 am
There are some real gits out there! :banghead:

Postby Smurfysmurf » Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:13 am
Getting an undeserved negative FB sucks. :banghead:

At least it will disappear after a year, but ...geez..what a loser :o

Hidden in the Woods

Postby Gerda » Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:23 am
I hate people like that, they expect you to jump through hoops for you and then don't show you an ounce of respect for doing it. At least you have a bunch of positives so your track record is good.

Gerda
happily smurfing along

Postby Lia » Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:27 pm
ohh Staci,how awful! And so unfair! it`s ridiculous that Ebay doesn`t help to delete such comments. You really did not deserve that!

Lia

Postby Elvissmurf » Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:50 pm
I just wish buyers would ACTUALLY leave feedback.

Time and time again,all my hard efforts to ensure their purchases reach them as listed and A.S.A.P. go unrewarded and unmentioned.

I always wait for the buyer to leave feedback first,only so i know that the items actually reach their destination safely.
BLUE MOON..YOU SAW ME SMURFING ALONE!

Postby smurfieduck » Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:29 pm
I just wish buyers would ACTUALLY leave feedback.

Time and time again,all my hard efforts to ensure their purchases reach them as listed and A.S.A.P. go unrewarded and unmentioned.

I always wait for the buyer to leave feedback first,only so i know that the items actually reach their destination safely.

I couldn't agree more, Elvis!!!

:D
smurfieduck :-)

Carry on Smurfin' - and have a Smurfin' good day!!!!

Postby Tojo » Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:52 am
I always leave feedback but I've also had sellers who haven't left feedback for me even though I've mailed them. After a month or so I just give up waiting :banghead:
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby paolo » Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:11 am
I now leave negative feedbacks for sellers who inflate shipping charges or ask for more if you pay with paypal.
Page 1 of 1

Login