Home of the Smurf Community

Post anything non-smurf related here.
Page 2 of 2

Postby steveparkes » Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:54 am
Glad you had a good time Tojo, shame we didn't get to meet up but I understand how bad public transport is down in the south of england (especially london) :)

I'd love to see your photos, Herstmonceux Castle is a beautiful place. Looks like you got the best of the weather, it's horrid here now :???:
Long, long ago, deep in the forest, there was a hidden village where tiny creatures lived. They called themselves the Smurfs. They were good.

http://www.nationalfriends.co.uk

Postby Guest » Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:58 am
Steve....quick question.....where do you prefer...London or Nottingham ? I love London compared to Liverpool, i guess thats the tourist in me tho 8)

Good to see ya back Tojo, and that you enjoyed it :D

:-D :beer:

Postby steveparkes » Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:02 am
If I am honest Graham, I prefer London now..there is always something to do and somewhere to go and the shops down here are great..but getting around is worse than in nottingham (the overcrowding that is)
Long, long ago, deep in the forest, there was a hidden village where tiny creatures lived. They called themselves the Smurfs. They were good.

http://www.nationalfriends.co.uk

Postby Syd Smurf » Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:16 am
Hey Tojo

Welcome back !! Good to see you had a nice holiday. It never hurts to get away for a while. :D
& to Hastings castle which must have been huge before half of it fell into the sea in the 1300's.
At least they didn't try to keep re-building it like the castle in the swamp from Python.

I really liked seeing the castles when I was in Germany a while back. The only castles we have in Australia are inflatable jumping ones which really lack the same sort of charm.
Oh yeah, I almost forgot. There was a great pub just round the corner from the caravan park which sold excellent Real Ales so I was in my element :beer: :) :) What a pity Dyar wasn't there :(
I would of loved to of been there to join you Tojo. I had a nice big 4th of July in Pennsylvania, so it's time to swear of drinking again for the next few months.....but I can always make an exception :D

Dyar :cheers:

Postby smurfer » Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:11 pm
Welcome back Tojo ! :D
:cheers:

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:49 am
Welcome back Tojo!!! :hug: :D

Postby Tojo » Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:46 pm
Thanks Ron, thanks Dominique.

Here are a couple of pictures of some of the places we visited.....

It was so windy at the beach you wouldn't believe it. Simon had a soft icecream & it was just blowing away in the wind :) :)

The abbey on the 2nd picture was built on top of the hill which the Anglo-Saxon army staunchly defended at the Battle of Hastings. At the bottom of the hill in the foreground were the the Normans.

A portion of fish & chips is always a must when in England!! That's me by the way with the bag full of grub!!
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby Tojo » Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:53 pm
We also went to Rye which was beautiful so here are a few pictures of the old part.... There's me again :-D

Lastly there's Herstmonceux castle which used to have a moat all around it & now only has one around the front & sides. It's still very beautiful though. This time Simon & Sara are on the piccy.

Postby Smurfysmurf » Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:15 pm
Those are great pictures, Tojo..

Thank you for sharing them with us. They make me want to visit that part of England, too....and soon :D :) :) :)

I have read a lot about the Battle of Hastings, but never seen a picture, so that was a special treat for me to finally see the battleground..thank you :-D
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/
===============================

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby SmurfingH » Sat Jul 12, 2008 6:53 am
Great pics Tojo! :-D

Postby Syd Smurf » Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:40 am
Hey Tojo

Awesome pics....I love that castle. I guess cos we never had any in Oz, they just appeal to me more. Fish & Chips :) ......I have to get out of saying Fish & Fries and get back to what I am used to soon. Although some places around here they say Fish & Cribs more. :-? wacky rappers :o

Also nice modeling on the fish n chips pic.....it looks very natural :)

Really liked that you shared your pics with us. I think there should be more posts about outside interests and holidays on the forum too so keep them coming.

Just on a side note......did you ever see the show Chelmsford 123 or something like that Tojo? I remember liking that show years ago.

Dyar

Postby Tojo » Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:10 pm
I've never heard of that show Dyar :-? What was it about?

The only reason that I'm on that Fish & Chips photo at all is that all the stuntmen refused to be on it. Crossing roads on Hastings seafront is a life threatening experience but I managed to deliver the food without any accidents :) All we had to do then was to chase away the seagulls :angry: :x

I've never heard of fish & cribs before. Sounds like fish & crabs :eek:

Postby agent smurf » Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:54 pm
I was just going to say to Tojo that his pictures are quite nice and thanks. :evil:
I think there should be more posts....
That's what my friends told me as well. Not sure about the holidays though.

Postby smurfieduck » Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:34 am
Welcome back, Tojo! I use to live in Sussex. So, I know all the areas that you have been too, extremely well - Hastings especially! :D
smurfieduck :-)

Carry on Smurfin' - and have a Smurfin' good day!!!!

Postby Syd Smurf » Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:11 am
I've never heard of that show Dyar :-? What was it about?
Hi Tojo

I found some info on wikipedia and will add the link below which should give you the basics of what it's all about. I only saw a handful of episodes but I found them pretty amusing, so it may be worth checking out if you get the chance to come across the show at some stage in the future:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chelmsford_123

Dyar

Postby Tojo » Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:50 pm
Thanks for the link, it does sound amusing. I'll have to look out for that in the future :D

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:58 am
Oh wow Tojo, those pics are amazing. :smitten: Thanks for sharing them. :D That makes me wanting to visit the UK asap. Btw. I went to Hastings about eleven years ago, shortly after Di and Dodi had died in that car accident. :D
Page 2 of 2

Login