Home of the Smurf Community

Post anything non-smurf related here.
Page 1 of 1
Postby SmurfingH » Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:33 pm
It's the summer grass court tennis season now and the men's tournament at Queens in being played. This is the warm up for Wimbledon which I always watch. :-D Anybody else like tennis or are we doomed to football talk for aaaaaaaaaaaages? :naughtysmurf: :)

Postby paolo » Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:40 pm
I like tennis a lot, until five or six years ago I used to watch Wimbledon from day one till the final about 8 hours a day, then I started working seriously and I had no more free time to watch afternoon games.
Anyway, yesterday I watched the Roland Garros final and I plan to watch Wimbledon finals on Saturday and Sunday (rain permitting).

Postby SA Smurfette » Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:03 pm
I love the Tennis !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't wait for it to start :mosh:

At least it will keep me entertained while I'm up feeding Jack in the middle of the night :-D
:winks: Raelene :yes:

Check out my smurfy site
www.raeslittleblueguys.com

Postby Lia » Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:07 am
Wimbledon is great!! I love that too!

and then we`ll have the Tour de France,

and then the Olympic Games!

so.....we all can be happy about something :cheers:

Postby Guest » Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:05 am
Women's tennis is great i must agree, i would love to be a cameraman :love:, for professional reason's of course :wink:

:-D :beer:

Postby SmurfingH » Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:42 am
Funny that, Beers, I usually prefer the men's! :winks: :-D

Postby Michelle » Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:29 am
I really like tennis a lot.... but I miss Justine Henin!
Every match I was watching I wondered if she could win or not? It was really shocking news when she asked to take her off the list (nr 1).
This made it very true :(
So now it's very hard to have a favorite in the women competition.
But Federer is my fav! He's so pure, sad he couldn't win RG this time...
I'll hope he wins Wimbledon again!

Michelle
SUNDAY the 12th of October 2014!! Save the date!!! The 7th edition of Blue Paradise!!!!

Blue Paradise

Postby FlamingO » Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:04 pm
I will still watch Wimbledon but I don't follow tennis like I used to :-?

I used to love going there (although didn't enjoy queing up through the night :chilli: ) so we could get tickets for a main court and see Becker, Agassi, Ivanisavic, Courier, Lendl, Rafter, Graf, Seles, Capriati etc. :-D but I just can't find much enthusiasm for any of today's players :???:
I think I can name two currently playing Federer and Nadal :) is there anybody else??
Oh and of coure Murray, but if you want to support a Brit you have expect some frustration :sillyme:

Postby SmurfingH » Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:18 pm
Henin was a lovely player! I know what you mean about the Brits Sue. :banghead: Hopefully Murray will change the trend but I'm not holding my breath in case he doesn't! :-D :)

Postby Tojo » Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:43 pm
Sorry but I find tennis really boring...

Thwack, thwack, skid thwack, thwack, OUT!!! Lots of groans..... :)

I'll stick with the football if you don't mind :-D
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby SA Smurfette » Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:34 pm
Funny that, Beers, I usually prefer the men's! :winks: :-D
Me too :-D
but I miss Justine Henin!
Every match I was watching I wondered if she could win or not? It was really shocking news when she asked to take her off the list (nr 1).
:iagree: Michelle. She was one of my favourites along with Kim Clisters, now they've both retired :( I'd say my next favourite woman is Lindsay Davenport :D All the Australian woman are crap :)
:winks: Raelene :yes:

Check out my smurfy site
www.raeslittleblueguys.com

Postby paolo » Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:38 pm
What a great Wimbledon final!
Maybe the best match in the past few years (since Sampras retired).

Postby Guest » Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:42 pm
The spanish are winning everything :) :)

Postby paolo » Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:46 pm
Let's hope that some Olympics gold medals (soccer and volleyball for example) will be for our players.

Postby Guest » Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:47 pm
Well i doubt GB will win anything as usual :banghead:

Postby Lia » Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:01 pm
That final was breathtaking! True...spanish winners from the EC, Wimbledon and a spanish cyclist in the yellow jersey in the Tour!! Great!

Postby SmurfingH » Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:11 pm
The final was just breathtaking! :shock: What a rollercoaster! So please Nadal one though. All in all a really good tournament this year. :-D

Postby Syd Smurf » Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:44 am
I like playing tennis but like most sports...watching is never quite as much fun. The other night I got to have a photo taken with a 711 umbrella, that according to the nice English lady who owned the umbrella, it came from Wimbledon for only $10 when she was watching the tennis.

I like 711....or more specifically Slurpees from 711 a lot better.

Dyar
Page 1 of 1

Login