Home of the Smurf Community

Post anything non-smurf related here.
Page 1 of 1
Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:53 am
Hi guys,

as soon as I will have written my exams, I intend to work on my website.
However I do have a minor problem with the syntax.

I want to link my pages by naming them, e.g. history.html, just like Rachel called a page: normalsmurfs1to50.html.

My page reads ....introduction5060319.html. , but can I e.g. name it into introduction.html. please?
:?
Thank you so much.

Postby Cassiebsg » Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:15 pm
I don't quiet get what your problem is...

just rename the file and then all links you had with the old name with the new name...

Also you seem to be confusing the terms sites, pages and titles...
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Postby Smurfysmurf » Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:54 pm
Hi Dom,
I am sure Rachel can help you when she sees this as she helped me a lot with such stuff..

I am on geocities and when I go to page properties I can rename the pages to anything I like..

I think each page has it's own number though, probably for the Internet to keep track of it...this is just my guess, as I am not really good yet at creating websites, but I am getting there and I do know how to research it now...and if I am lost...I ask Rachel :) :)
Let me know if there is anything I can help you with though....or if you want to run anything by me..I am more than willing to help out :D if I can
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/
===============================

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:16 am
I appreciate your help guys. :D
@Sandra: I guess, I was wrong. Please bear with me, for I had to leave the room. I already tried to rename the site, but it won't help. :(

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:22 am
for Germany/French

http://www.selfhtml.org/

Postby Rachel » Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:31 pm
Hi Dominique, sorry I missed this post last night. :o

As far as I am aware, yes you should be able to rename the page and as Sandra mentions, you will then just need to make sure the links are to the correct names.

I am guessing that the numbers in this case were added by the sitebuilder, it does this sometimes (especially with free sitebuilders) when you have viewed the page before saving it.

Also though I notice your index page - http://www.blueheart.dreipage.de/index.html - doesn't seem to be your very first page, this might cause problems too. You should always try to have your index.html as the very first page of your site.

Are you using frames? Looking at your source code I can see an iframe in there. Again, this might make things more complicated.

Please, if you are still stuck, give me a shout. I may be able to help if you can show me the sitebuilder you are using. :D
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]
Page 1 of 1

Login