Home of the Smurf Community

Post anything non-smurf related here.
Page 1 of 1
Postby Smurfysmurf » Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:10 am
Put on your Irish Music (fixin to ), Wear Green today (I am not :???: )
Drink Green Beer :beer: and just have good ol time

:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:
:beer: Happy St. Patrick's Day everybody, :beer:
:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

since everybody should have at least a drop of Irish blood in them....

From one half Irish Lassie to all the other Lassies and Laddies

this day brings back memories of long late nights and fun parties...Nobody knows how to throw a great party like Irishmen :beer: ..... :) :) :) :)
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/
===============================

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Guest » Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:23 am
You know its funny, but in the UK, you see plenty of people, literally thousands and thousands of them, celebrating Paddy's day, but when St.George's day comes around, we all work, and the day goes by without a whimper ! It's strange :???:

Anyway...for all of you with some irish blood...

HAPPY ST PATRICKS DAY

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

:-D :beer:

Postby DrunkSmurf » Sat Mar 17, 2007 12:19 pm
You know its funny, but in the UK, you see plenty of people, literally thousands and thousands of them, celebrating Paddy's day, but when St.George's day comes around, we all work, and the day goes by without a whimper ! It's strange :???:
Hi Graham, I read an article about a group in England trying to revive St George's day by making it a federal holiday.

As far as I know, St Patrick's Day is really an American holiday. A few Irish towns have recently adopted it as a sort of tourist gimmick.

Over here, there's a parade in New York (I think) but the rest is about drinking lager beer with green food coloring and pretending to be Irish.

Postby Guest » Sat Mar 17, 2007 12:24 pm
Hi Tim, you are absolutey right ! This is what a group are trying to do ! It is a shame really ! I voted online for St Georges day to become a national holiday, The English are supposed to be very patriotic, but you don't see much of it on St Georges day ! :???:

Am i patriotic, yes ! Not fanatical, but yes ! :D

Does Boston have the biggest population of Irish in America ?

Postby DrunkSmurf » Sat Mar 17, 2007 5:17 pm
Am i patriotic, yes ! Not fanatical, but yes ! :D

Does Boston have the biggest population of Irish in America ?

I've seen photos of St George shows where people put on costumes and act out in front of children. Does this still go on?

I've heard that Boston has a lot of Irish, and two friends from there both had Irish last names.

My mother's side of the family is Irish, but from Virginia, and if my grandfather, who doesn't put much stock in geneaology, saw me talking like I was Irish he would have a good laugh on me.

My take is: if your Mum and Dad didn't come across on the boat, you're just an American sod with a Mac or an O' in your name.

Granted, considering I'm not a "native American" (Indian), maybe I am an Irishman. Or maybe a German.

The great thing about being a mixed-blooded American is you can be whatever ethnicity is fashionable at the minute....

Postby Guest » Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:36 am
Hi Tim, these shows do go on, but they are few and far between really !

Most people like i say, love Paddy's Day so they can go out and have an all day drinking session ! They can do it for St George's day too, but don't ! :eek:

Was'nt the Titanic full of irish imigrants too ? I guess the Irish have got about over the years ! They are a lively bunch ! Maybe that's why they are loved so much :) :) :D

Postby Tojo » Sun Mar 18, 2007 11:50 am
I'm still suffering from drinking copious amounts of :beer: :beer: last night at a Paddys Day party in Friedberg, not far from here. There was live music & step dancing. It was a brilliant evening. The dancers are local & have just one 1st prize in the German Irish step dancing finals :D They are excellent.

Hopefully my headache will have gone by tomorrow :)

:beer:
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby Rachel » Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:10 pm
A HAPPY (belated) ST PATRICK'S DAY

I had a few (too many) yesterday to celebrate. It is a shame the Irish didn't get to win the rugby 6 Nations tournament as I am sure this would have made it an even bigger celebration. :beer:
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]
Page 1 of 1

Login