Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 1 of 2
Postby Pitufo » Sun Aug 20, 2006 6:02 am
Hi, from Spain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In DSK, there is not an orange variation of mechanic smurf as original...The only orange mechanic in DSK is a CNT (Non toxico)...Have all the CNT smurfs no markings?

I have an orange one with Schleich Emblem/Peyo... What is it?

Thanks

Postby Smurfysmurf » Sun Aug 20, 2006 7:16 am
Do you have a picture?
:eek:
I won't be of any help with the anser :( , but I still would like to see that smurf....It must be rare :D :-D :)
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby eggie smurf » Sun Aug 20, 2006 8:01 am
Joacquin,
According to Dyar's site, the CNT orange mechanic:
Spanish Fake
Comics Non Toxico
Orange Overalls
Schleich Emblem
Peyo ©
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby Pitufo » Sun Aug 20, 2006 9:02 am
Thanks Staci!!!!It means that there can be CNT with markings, doesn´t it? I have not too many CNT, but I think the orange mechanic is the only one with markings...

Postby Rachel » Sun Aug 20, 2006 2:55 pm
Hi Joacquin, I don't have this smurf but as far as I know, yes it is a CNT but with markings. I always thought this was strange too. :D
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby Michelle » Sun Aug 20, 2006 3:16 pm
Hello,

I have a lot of CNT-smurfs. But i can't remember an other one with inscription.
When I have some time I can look this week for being sure.

But you'll have to remember me.

Smurfy greetings
Michelle

Postby Pitufo » Sun Aug 20, 2006 3:56 pm
Hi, and thanks for the information!!!!!!

In DSK IV (pg 10) we can read ( in my translation)about "NON TOXICO": these figurines bear no markings,it had to be omitted for legal reasons...Well: I can´t understand if my smurf is a CNT, why the markings?
MR DYAR: in your web you have a smurf I think it´s exactly the same I have...Is yours somewhat softer than the others?IMHO it´s the same shape and hardness than other regular or original smurfs, and...with markings...I think the best way to know if it´s the same CNT smurf or a regular one is to come to Brussels by plane with your mechanic in a plastic bag... :) :) :)

PS: I hope all of you understand what I mean.Thanks

JOAQUÍN

Postby Michelle » Sun Aug 20, 2006 4:03 pm
Cool :idea: idea, don't you think!! DYAR?

Michelle

Postby Syd Smurf » Sun Aug 20, 2006 9:36 pm
Cool :idea: idea, don't you think!! DYAR?
Yes Pitufo & Michelle

I think it's a great idea and I would love so much to come on over and talk smurfs....I would even bring my Mechanic of course.

I agree with Rach that this has always seemed odd to me....CNTs should never have markings and why this one does....well :-? dunno.

I wonder if CNTs were anythign like Minimodels in that maybe they were intended to be licenced by Schleich but never were.....or maybe some did and were forced to stop producing ones with markings. I have no idea really but I am pretty certain this is the CNT smurf and I think Attom has the same one with the same markings too.

Dyar

Postby attombomb7 » Sun Aug 20, 2006 9:56 pm
hi!

I agree it is odd, I do have the same one, with the same markings

also I have one with no markings.. so who knows?? its a mystery still
Image Attom

--

CHECK out my new website
Hogatha's Fake and licenced Smurfs collection

http://mennoblue.net/
(my fake smurf collection ):)

Postby Pitufo » Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:46 am
Hi!!!
its a mystery still

Yes...World of smurfs is full of mysteries!!!!!!!I must go to Germany and talk seriously to Schleich´s managing director...
:) :) :) :)

JOAQUÍN

Postby Pitufo » Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:15 pm
It is interesting to see how our minds change with time...Now, I do know that all the orange mechanic smurfs are not cnts, as many collectors think. I AM SURE
JOAQUÍN

Postby naish510 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:08 pm
Hi Joaquin, can you give some more information about it. Because i think i have 2 or 3 orange mechanics with markings :-?

Postby Pitufo » Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:36 pm
Hi, Christy...I have no much info...It is my opinion, but it is a welll reasoned opinion...

You know, for example, the yellow variation of shiver, pirate, skater etc etc were sold in England...I suppose it was a common thing: a concrete colour variation for a concrete market. Schleich distributed most of the orange mechanic they made in spanish market (the same for white helmet american football). When they began to deal with the spanish manufacturer to produce smurfs here, the spanish guys used the orange mechanic Schleich distributed in our country, as reference...And this is the origin (always in my opinion) of the mistake of considering them as cnt...I bought one of mine when I was a child, and I bought it at the same store I usually bought smurfs. I have asked recently again to the seller of the old store (it is open still...the seller was a collector time ago and he is called Joaquín too :) :) :) ), and he said me that he bought smurfs only from ONE distibutor...It has no sense that the same Schleich manufacturer sold smurfs with license and smurfs without license...
If you think carefully, most of the orange mecahnis we have a and we see on ebay are from Spain, but it doesn´t mean they are all cnts. It is true they are all from the spanish markets, but some of them are licensed and some others aren´t. The licensed has the same size than green one, and the same quality, and the markings Wgermany/peyo...the unlicensed are smaller than the regular green one, different quality, and has no markings or a very bad written(hard to read) Schleich emblem and peyo

ONLY MY OPINION from my own and old experience :) :) :)
JOAQUÍN

Postby naish510 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:40 pm
That make sense !! Thank you so much for the information Joaquin :hug:

Postby Smurfysmurf » Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:05 pm
That was very interesting to read, Joaquin :D

I only have the CNT mechanic (no markings) and can't compare them, but you have brought up some very valid points and researched the origins of the this smurf very thoroughly :D

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D

Hidden in the Woods

Postby lobo » Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:23 am
Hi, Joaquín!!

I totally agree with you.I´ve always thought that orange mechanic with markings is an original smurf variation painted just in Spain ,the same way as the yellow variants are exclusive of England.
I´m happy to see that I´m not the only one who believes it.

Postby Smurfysmurf » Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:34 am
Schleich distributed most of the orange mechanic they made in spanish market (the same for white helmet american football).
Are there other variations that you think might have been released only on the Spanish market?

Hidden in the Woods

Postby Lia » Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:36 am
The real CNT mechanic is this one

Lia

Postby Pitufo » Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:16 am
I agree, Lia...That is a real cnt...but the orange mechanic with overall does exist too...Anyway, your is rarer than the overalls one. CONGRATULATIONS!!!
JOAQUÍN
Page 1 of 2

Login