Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 1 of 1
Postby bundleofkent » Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:08 pm
Hey guys and girls all the books I have are the current Frank Oswald and Bernd Maier catalogues. What are the other books like?? :-?

Martin :D

Postby Rachel » Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:49 pm
Hi Martin, the older versions of both these books are very similar, only less smurfs. I think the first DSK is also in black & white rather than colour.

An excellent book, especially for non PVC figures is the Smurfs Around The World - The unauthorised guide to smurfs from all over the world. This one has fab pics and a lot of smurfy stuff in there.

The other ones in a similar line - Smurf Collectibles and More Smurf Collectibles are okay, again good for smurfy merchandise but not so good for the PVCs.

These are the only ones I can think of off hand but will check a bit later in case I have missed any. :-D
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby Syd Smurf » Mon Nov 07, 2005 8:50 pm
An excellent book, especially for non PVC figures is the Smurfs Around The World - The unauthorised guide to smurfs from all over the world. This one has fab pics and a lot of smurfy stuff in there.
This is the best book by far for non PVC items although they do have those as well but not in great detail....it's a lot better than the other one Rach mentioned....."ok" is just Rach being polite :)

The older Oswald/Maier editions are interesting to compare against the current one which I did earlier this year and discovered some interesting things and developments.

Andy's Comicfiguren preiskatalogs are pretty good as well as something to compare with the DSK.

Postby bundleofkent » Tue Nov 08, 2005 1:20 pm
Thanks! Are there any variations not seen in the Oswald/Maier catalogues??

Martin

Postby Syd Smurf » Tue Nov 08, 2005 6:46 pm
Thanks! Are there any variations not seen in the Oswald/Maier catalogues??

Martin
Oh......just a few :)

Postby bundleofkent » Wed Nov 09, 2005 12:30 am
I'm intrigued Andrew..... :)
Page 1 of 1

Login