Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 1 of 1
Postby Tamtam » Thu Sep 29, 2005 6:16 pm
So being the silly fool that I am, I created a new "holiday". Of course, it's totally all about me but I have gotten a few giggles the past few days and thought I would share. On the TV show The O.C, one of the characters, Seth, celebrates both Hannukah and Christmas so he wittingly named his holiday Christmikah.
I have decided that the new holiday tradition in our house is to receive fun little gifts for the 7 days prior to ones birthday. Naming it Birthmikah!! Yah, yah, I know. Kind of foolish. But way to much fun. My Birthmikah started on Tuesday when a smurfy package arrived in the mail. (It still counts if you buy the smurfs yourself) It's a very self absorbed holiday.

One the first day of Birthmikah some fellow in Belgium sent to me:

A catcher and a brainy referee.

Postby Tamtam » Thu Sep 29, 2005 6:20 pm
One the second day of Birthmikah another package arrived for me!!!

A lifeguard, laughing and a blue overall brick layer. And my better half gave me a lovely tripod for our camera so now my pictures won't be fuzzy!

Postby Tamtam » Thu Sep 29, 2005 6:24 pm
I hope no one thinks I'm a total nut job!!!!

On the third day of Birthmikah another package was waiting for me.

A champion, Santa Claus, Oboist, Gargamel, Sauna, and Fitness smurf to make me happy!!

Postby Syd Smurf » Thu Sep 29, 2005 7:23 pm
Hi Tam

What a week....may I share that holiday if it brings smurfs?

I have stopped bidding for the year but I already miss the weeks when you get a package virtually everyday....it happened often but it will no longer be the case :(

You received some nice gifts there and there is absolutely nothing wrong wioth buying yourself some of the gifts....I do that every Chrissy :D

Postby eggie smurf » Thu Sep 29, 2005 8:08 pm
Tam, great holiday idea -- why didn't you invent this last week though as I could have used 7 days of pressies before my birthday? :)
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby Guest » Fri Sep 30, 2005 12:58 am
LOL Tam, nice song, and nice smurfs too !

:-D :beer:

Postby Little lucie @ Simon » Fri Sep 30, 2005 1:50 am
Nice idea, can we do this at Christmikah aswell ? Its a long time till our next birthdays (august) so i feel we are missing out :) Lucie :D

Postby Guest » Fri Sep 30, 2005 2:09 am
I hope no one thinks I'm a total nut job!!!!
I'm afraid it's one of the things you have to be in order to be a member here, that's non-negotiable. :) :)

Nice idea, can't we say 6 months leading up to birthdays then I can start now? :-?

Postby XoioX2000 » Fri Sep 30, 2005 2:33 am
Good plan, but i've just passed mine, that means that I have to wait 50 weeks before my Birthmikah???? :( :( Okay there is Xmas in the way, so we could have a Chrismikah as well !!!! :) :) :)
:dragon: I like the smell of Napalm, first thing in the morning...:dragon:
Check out The Dragon's Cave

Postby Syd Smurf » Fri Sep 30, 2005 6:43 am
Tam, great holiday idea -- why didn't you invent this last week though as I could have used 7 days of pressies before my birthday? :)
Thanks Tam for not inventing this a week earlier :D :)

Postby eggie smurf » Fri Sep 30, 2005 7:02 am
Thanks Tam for not inventing this a week earlier :D :)
HEY! Why not! :angry: :-x
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby Gerda » Fri Sep 30, 2005 7:53 am
GREAT idea.. Only I think we should expand it to every holiday .. like
halloweenmikha..
thanksgivingmikha ..
turnbacktheclockmikha.. (ok that's not a holiday, but I am trying to fill in the gaps between times)

gerda
happily smurfing along

Postby SA Smurfette » Fri Sep 30, 2005 7:54 am
Great idea Tam :-D

Also a nice lot of smurfs :D

Happy Birthmikah to you :)

Raelene

Postby Rachel » Fri Sep 30, 2005 3:06 pm
Sounds like a fab idea Tam, I think I may have to join in this festivity. :-D

Nice smurfs too. :cheers:
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]
Postby Tamtam » Fri Sep 30, 2005 6:40 pm
one more pic.

As you can probably tell. I am having way too much fun. For awhile this morning I thought, well I probably won't get another package today, maybe Monday. And then my phone rang and Tracy said "Birthmikah strikes again". I think I may have squealed out of excitement. She dropped them off to me at work and surprisingly alot of people were just as excited as I was to see them all. I wanted this lot for the basketball smurf with the stripe on his shoes but out of the 18 or so, I needed all but one or two. Someday I am going to have a website showing each variation but right now I wouldn't know where to start with it so a little more education on my part for the winter I think.

The way I look at it, Birthmikah could be celebrated anytime. You could surprise your spouse with 7 days of fun little gifts that are unexpected. We could call it, stayingoutofthedoghousemikah or needalittlelovemikah.

I think I have one more package on it's way and will post pictures of the big finish to my Birthmikah celebration when they arrive. For now, I am off to ebay rehab. Who am I kidding????? I'm checking ebay again!!!

Tam
Postby Syd Smurf » Sat Oct 01, 2005 12:13 am
We could call it, stayingoutofthedoghousemikah
I wonder if giving Mrs Dyar a smurf package each day would keep me out of the doghouse?.....I doubt giving her diamonds each day would even help.....great celebration name, great smurfs and great being a smurf addict...see you on Ebay Tam and Happy Birthmikah from me too.
Page 1 of 1

Login