Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 1 of 1
Postby hfos » Thu Feb 03, 2005 4:08 pm
I've finally made a bit of time (at the expense of some work I promised I'd do, but that's how things go) to get our smurf site up and running. As it says on the site, it is by no means finished, but I'm glad that I've at least got something to show.
Edit: The website is now available via http://smurfs.hfos.net.

It's not been tested with anything but Mozilla on Windows XP, so if you encounter any problems with your setup: please let me know!

Postby Syd Smurf » Thu Feb 03, 2005 4:41 pm
Hi Robin

Your website looks wonderful and you have some really nice smurfs like the Scot with the white bagpipes, blank Mechanic and I think you even have the other New Hiker with the grey bit inbetween the laces...I have been trying to find this one for a long time now without any success.

I want to get my webpage up & running someday too but I need to learn a bit before I can do that.

Thanks for sharing as I always like seeing what goodies people have in their collection and you certainly have some nice ones.

Cheers

Dyar

Postby Tojo » Thu Feb 03, 2005 5:03 pm
Hello Robin,

I've just checked out your website & am very impressed. I had to wipe up my desk after drooling all over it looking at your collection :)

By the way, how long have you been collecting?

:cheers:

tojo
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby Rachel » Thu Feb 03, 2005 5:12 pm
Hi Robin, you have a very nice site and very nice smurfs. I really liked the look of your site, nice and easy to navigate and great smurfy graphics. :D

I will add your site to Blue Imps when I am next updating it. :-D
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby Guest » Thu Feb 03, 2005 6:34 pm
Cool site Robin, they are my favourite colours!!! Thank you so much for all those links, it is really kind of you and like Rachel says, next time we are updating we will add your link. Thank you! :D

Postby SA Smurfette » Thu Feb 03, 2005 6:53 pm
Excellent collection Robin :D

Your photo's look great with the white background.

Raelene

Postby eggie smurf » Thu Feb 03, 2005 10:13 pm
Robin- Fantastic!! I can't wait to see what you'll come up with next. I like the easy navigation and your pictures are so clear and bright.
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby JT » Fri Feb 04, 2005 12:43 am
Very good page Robin :worship:
Easy to browse, clear and well designed. Absolutely great site :D

Only thing that bothers me is in Contact page. Newspaper smurf seems to be cut off half. Or is it just me?

Great job still.

Janne

Postby hfos » Fri Feb 04, 2005 1:37 am
Thanks for the replies, people!
By the way, how long have you been collecting?
My parents tell me they started when my dad brought home a couple of those BP smurfs for me when I was two or three (I'm guessing 1978 or 1979 or thereabouts). You got them for a guilder when you got so much petrol for your car back then. I do recall moving to our new house just before I was four (in 1980) and there was a bag full of them, maybe 30 or so. But that might be my 4-year old mind exaggerating things...
Only thing that bothers me is in Contact page. Newspaper smurf seems to be cut off half. Or is it just me?
Ah, good of you to mention! The code *should* have picked that up but I guess it didn't properly, I'll re-do it today. It's quite easy to update like this, most of it is in a template and I've kept the amount of content per page to a minimum. I like clear, easy to navigate sites :D

Postby Fram » Fri Feb 04, 2005 2:33 am
Very nice site with good pictures of a great collection!
One small thing: the historicals are the first picture in the 501-532 section, and in the 'other' section. I guess that's not the intention?
The rest works flawless (Firefox on Win2000).
:sheep: Bored of normality, why not go smurf? :sheep:
Page 1 of 1

Login