Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 1 of 2
Postby bundleofkent » Tue Feb 01, 2005 12:37 pm
Hi I'm new to the board and haven't been collecting for a while but have now restarted! I saw that some lucky person (Linda?) got the purple/lilac mechanic for next to nothing!!

I have just got this guy and would love to know what markings Linda has. Mine are "made in Portugal". An interesting aside; this guy was a promo smurf for Shell originally and had the Shell emblem on his overalls. I know a collector with this smurf. The other few that have made into circulation don't have the emblem (inc. mine).

I have also just a genuine blue moon smurf(Schleich) which has a Portugal marking too-anyone else have him??

Martin

Postby pekkelien » Tue Feb 01, 2005 1:24 pm
strange i dont think the mecanic was original shell
but i do have the blue astro smurf with a symbole
is it a schleich or a walbaurer i dont know

Postby Fram » Tue Feb 01, 2005 1:40 pm
:welcome: bundleofkent! Nice to see a new face here.
I have none of these smurfs, so I can't help you :-?
:sheep: Bored of normality, why not go smurf? :sheep:

Postby Rachel » Tue Feb 01, 2005 3:35 pm
HI Martin, welcome to the board. I am so pleased to hear you are getting back into collecting. :welcome:

I also have a purple (well more lilac) mechanic but I am afraid it is 100% fake, infact painted by my own fair hand.

You can see a few of Martin's smurfs here:

http://www.blueimps.com/guestcollection.html
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby bundleofkent » Tue Feb 01, 2005 4:51 pm
Thanks Rachel. A great fake I might add!

The original "Shell" mechanic is with one of the authors of the catalogue so I think it's pretty genuine!

Martin

Postby Guest » Tue Feb 01, 2005 5:02 pm
Hi Martin

Welcome to the forum. :D

I have heard a lot about you from Rachel and it is all good I promise! It's nice to have another experienced Smurfer onboard!

Postby Syd Smurf » Tue Feb 01, 2005 7:18 pm
Hi Martin

Welcome to our board and I am pleased to see you here and also happy that you are interested in collecting again. :D

Sounds like you have some really nice smurfs and I would love a puple Mechanic....Linda has one but she won't give it to me :-?

Would love to see some pics of your colelction if you are able to show them and please feel welcome to chat to us looneys as we love chatting to new people who join us.

All the best :-D

Dyar

Postby attombomb7 » Tue Feb 01, 2005 8:29 pm
HI mArtin

I also am a huge fan of the purple mechanic! I have tried to win him a few times on EBAY with no luck yet!

its great that some of you do have him! I also have a orange one and a faded yellow one..( overalls :) I mean)

also WELCOME!!!!! :cheers: :D
Image Attom

--

CHECK out my new website
Hogatha's Fake and licenced Smurfs collection

http://mennoblue.net/
(my fake smurf collection ):)

Postby eggie smurf » Tue Feb 01, 2005 10:31 pm
Welcome, Martin!! I can't help you on the markings since I too do not have this rare smurf but I'm sure Linda will find her way to this post to let you know what her's has on it :D
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby Syd Smurf » Wed Feb 02, 2005 12:32 am
Well Stace

Linda has told me that Eloise was playing with it last and so it has some Heinz baby food marks on it and would of had more but Linda threw a spanner in the works when she removed it from poor Eloise.....ok I will stop now

Dyar
Postby newbiepeej » Wed Feb 02, 2005 3:13 am
Hi martin come on in the more the merrier and welcome from brisbane australia :cheers:
Good things come in little blue hands

Postby Bunno Smurf » Wed Feb 02, 2005 7:29 am
Hi Martin,

Yeah it was me who had one as you've probably gathered from the previous posts. It sure was a bargain. I think the seller was selling off her childhood collection as the initials on the bottom of them were CJ and her initials now are CB. She obviosuly didn't know what they were worth. Some had AJ though so maybe she sold off her brother's/sister's as well LOL!

I'm back at work now so haven't been in here as much as I usually am :( otherwise I probably would've answered sooner. I'll have to fish him out fo the box and have a look....yes everyone hes in a box!!! and even in a plastic bag in the box.

Mine has Made in Portugal and a #1 on one foot and copyright symbol and PEYO in capital letters on the other.

Hope thats helpful.
:star: LINDA :star:

Postby bundleofkent » Wed Feb 02, 2005 11:44 am
Most of my rares Rachel has kindly posted a link too already. Here are some of my current favourites

Postby bundleofkent » Wed Feb 02, 2005 11:47 am
some more

Postby bundleofkent » Wed Feb 02, 2005 12:05 pm
And finally my favourite of the lot.. I wish I had the other kicker2 Bundesliga's. I know some guy who has them all!! Bully originally had the licence to promote the Bundesliga teams but evidently the degree of painting involved was prohibitive to be easy for mass production so Schleich took over whose football smurfs are a lot simpler. When you see this guys painting it is amazing. He is no fake trust me I got him directly from Bully via one other person!

Oh and thanks for the friendly welcome very much appreciated :cheers:

Postby pekkelien » Wed Feb 02, 2005 1:59 pm
you must have the nicest collection :)
:D nice pictures

Postby eggie smurf » Wed Feb 02, 2005 2:29 pm
Martin - I love that red angry! :D Is that a repaint??
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby Rachel » Wed Feb 02, 2005 2:35 pm
Hi Martin, I just love seeing photos of your smurfs, Thanks for posting them. :cheers:

Go on, tell me what was your very latest smurf?

Postby Rachel » Wed Feb 02, 2005 3:20 pm
Hi Martin,

Have you seen the threads about the latest discovery of a football smurf? This time though it is 2.0454 - World Cup Football but in white and blues! :D

http://www.kittyscavern.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2215

http://www.kittyscavern.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2212

Postby bundleofkent » Wed Feb 02, 2005 3:50 pm
Staci he is genuine believe it or not. He is directly from Schleich. It is the very same smurf that's in the catalogue.I only try(!) to get my smurfs off collectors or dealers I know I can trust. I don't tend to use ebay that much anymore.

Rachel, thanks. My latest smurf was the blue moon Schleich astro. I have an SLA on the way. I haven't collected for about one year so I had quite a bit to trade for the SLA.

I've seen the football smurf and would love to have him!! I don't think he is actually known by any of the guys who run the catalogues so whoever has him is very lucky indeed. I bet he will be valued highly in the next catalogue(s).

I'll try to get some more pics if you like.

Martin
Page 1 of 2

Login