Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 1 of 1
Postby Syd Smurf » Sun Jan 23, 2005 9:22 pm
I was wondering if some of you guys could help me. I am planning on buying some of the Dupuis Union smurfs from a well known fellow forum member here and was wondering if Fram, Attom, Rachel or someone else might be able to help us decide on what is a fair price to sell/buy these for?

The ones on offer are the Vanity (x2) & Naughty.

We are both unsure of their value and so I thought I would ask here as I know some of you guys already have some and may know more about them than we currently do.

Thanks

Dyar

Postby Fram » Mon Jan 24, 2005 2:53 am
Though question. I have never sold any, just traded, and I haven't seen many go on eBay either. I believe pekkelien sold some for 4 or 5 Euro a piece (although they may have ended higher?), and I think that if they are in a good condition, that's a fair price. They are rare outside Belgium, but they aren't very much sought after, so...
But one warning: the condition and the painting quality of those Dupuis Union Smurfs varies wildly, and they can look very ugly even when they are completely original. So perhaps it might be wise to get a picture or a good description beforehand, so you don't get surprised. Certainly don't expect anything near the old Dupuis Smurfs quality, but more something like fake Schelichs (they aren't fake, but they look like it).
:sheep: Bored of normality, why not go smurf? :sheep:

Postby Syd Smurf » Mon Jan 24, 2005 3:06 am
Thanks for your reply Fram...you're right it is a tough question to answer after reading your post. I will get to see photos but it would be cool to get some of these anyway as I don't have any. If they are the ugly ones then I guess Syd won't have to make fun of them to make sure he doesn't lose the attention of the Rollerskaters & Nurses....& Schoolgirls & Aerobic S/ettes & Tennis S/ettes & music S/ettes & so on and so on.

Dyar...property of Syd

Postby attombomb7 » Mon Jan 24, 2005 8:20 am
hi! Dyar

the dupuis you are seeking are usually like Fram says..not worth that much!

it's the key chain ones ( rubbery ones) and the larger ones that are more valuable)

the vanity one is hard plastic..and looks more like a bad fake! I thought they were fakes for a while when I first started collecting.. they are so poorly painted...and from what I see very lots of them are around..
they show up in losts..alot..:)

I'd say they can go for more$ if someone is really after them.. some go for up to 15 euro. and as little as 4 euro..

I'm sure Sven knows too he sold them several different times and I even bought some..but can't remember the exact prices... but they were not high
Image Attom

--

CHECK out my new website
Hogatha's Fake and licenced Smurfs collection

http://mennoblue.net/
(my fake smurf collection ):)

Postby pekkelien » Mon Jan 24, 2005 10:21 am
i ussualy sell them for 5 euro and top price was 7,5 euro
i still have some somewhere

Postby Syd Smurf » Mon Jan 24, 2005 8:46 pm
Thanks guys...you have been very helpful and hopefully we will be able to sort out a deal from the info you ahve told me. It's nice to be getting some of these because I have only seen them in the collections/purchases that you guys have posted here and it would be nice to have a better look at them.

Thanks again

Dyar

Postby pekkelien » Tue Jan 25, 2005 11:57 am
some are really i mean really bad finished
they have hard sharp pvc sticking out ....
paint isnt so good ....
they just look really really old :)

Postby Rachel » Tue Jan 25, 2005 1:58 pm
Hi Dyar, I agree with the others, I have never really paid more than a few Euros for one, in fact a few of mine have just been in lots with other smurfs and I didn't know before hand what markings they had. :-?
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby pekkelien » Fri Jan 28, 2005 12:02 pm
if there is some special you are searching for you can always ask me i know some belgian collectors

Postby Syd Smurf » Fri Jan 28, 2005 8:07 pm
if there is some special you are searching for you can always ask me i know some belgian collectors
There are always something special I am after...lol...plus I must check out your auctions too Sven :D

Thanks

Dyar
Page 1 of 1

Login