Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 1 of 1
Postby kira1970_ » Sun Jan 23, 2005 2:06 am
Hi
Does anyone know the best way to get rid of a very strong awful smell with some smurfs I won. I have left them out to air out, but it hasn't faded. I don't know what the smell is it is like a petrol smell. The smurfs are in great condition so I don't want to wreck them by doing something that will ruin them. I don't want to put them with my others incase the smell gets into them.
Kira

Postby Syd Smurf » Sun Jan 23, 2005 2:45 am
Hi Kira

I am not sure if this would work but I thought I would offer this as an option anyway.

1. Put the smurfs in a box with bi-carb soda and see if that will eat up some of the smell.

2. Put the smurfs near a dish of vanilla (in an enclosed environment) and see if that works...it works in fridges so maybe it works on smurfs too.

Like I said up top, I am not sure if this would work but that's the only thing I can think of. Maybe someone else will have some better ideas or opinions that can help you further.

Good luck and let us know what happens as it may be useful for future reference.

Dyar

Postby attombomb7 » Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:37 am
I'd use a match! :) :) :)

or soak them in dish detergent over night.,..

and use ajax..or cleansers...

I use cleansers on smurfs all the time using a toothbrush

:cheers: :cheers:
Image Attom

--

CHECK out my new website
Hogatha's Fake and licenced Smurfs collection

http://mennoblue.net/
(my fake smurf collection ):)

Postby Guest » Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:49 am
I don't want to put them with my others incase the smell gets into them.
Cut the noses off the other Smurfs? :-?

Hee hee hee sorry couldn't resist :)

I'd put a little drop of washing up liquid on them and rub it all over them and then rinse off without soaking them. Then I'd do something like what Dyar has said and put them near something that's supposed to eradicate smells. Dyar seems to know a lot about controlling smells so will let him advise on that! :tiphat:

Postby eggie smurf » Sun Jan 23, 2005 12:29 pm
Kira - if none of those works (I'd be wary of the soda thing, wouldn't that eat away at the smurfs??!), you may want to try D-Stinker. You'd have to order it over the net though. It's supposed to remove foul odors from PVC. http://www.twinpines.com/D-stinker-Info.html This is the company that makes Remove-zit and Formula 9-1-1, which are excellent. Good luck!
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby attombomb7 » Sun Jan 23, 2005 7:25 pm
OMG!!!!!!!

that was hililarious!! Stacey!!

there really is a product called De stinker!! LOL!!!!!! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
Image Attom

--

CHECK out my new website
Hogatha's Fake and licenced Smurfs collection

http://mennoblue.net/
(my fake smurf collection ):)

Postby kira1970_ » Sun Jan 23, 2005 7:41 pm
Thanks for the ideas. I did give them a bath in washing up detergent but that didnt seem to help. I will try the others and let you know how they went. They may have to be quarantined for good if it doesnt come out. It is a shame as they are all ones I don't have, and are in great condition, apart from the smell. Thanks again :)
Postby newbiepeej » Tue Jan 25, 2005 5:37 pm
i am going to get one of my parners mums steradent tablets for false teeth onto one of my broken smurfs
Good things come in little blue hands
Page 1 of 1

Login