Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 1 of 2
Postby Syd Smurf » Wed Dec 29, 2004 10:14 pm
There has been a bit of a drought at my house for deliveries so it's nice to receive 5 packages (52 smurf items) over the last 2 days.

I received the Fake Bully House which was surprisingly rubbery which I didn't know so that was exciting to see that. There was also the 30cm Dupuis smurf, 30 raws (29 plagiat ones), a Fram (it wasn't a Linda because I turned it upside down to check), a Smurfette Rollerskater, a comic non toxico Artist smurf (different to my other one), a Smurf labeling CD, a smurf marvel comic, ASB promo First Aid with keyring, mini Telephone smurf, 2 more variations of the larger Mushrooms from the playsets and many other items. Here are some of the pics.

(special thnaks to Stace for the Fram & Baseball Batter too) :D

Postby Tojo » Wed Dec 29, 2004 10:46 pm
Nice smurfs Dyar,

who's the sunburnt guy on the 1st pic with the flower on his hat?

Looks like you'll have to extend your smurfroom before long. :D

Postby attombomb7 » Wed Dec 29, 2004 10:55 pm
hey! dyar!

great stuff!! I love the rohlilng in the car!

and the large dupuis ..very nice smurfs !!
Image Attom

--

CHECK out my new website
Hogatha's Fake and licenced Smurfs collection

http://mennoblue.net/
(my fake smurf collection ):)

Postby Syd Smurf » Wed Dec 29, 2004 11:18 pm
Sunburnt....I thought he might of been about 8 beers passed tipsy :)

I am not sure of the name of these guys...I only know them as gnomes....does anyone else know? If no one knows I will just call him Gnoman Bates.

Dyar

PS - I love the Dupuis smurf...he is sitting on my computer table next to the screen...they say you never forget your first one and I adore this guy so much...thanks Lia he's amazing. :D

Postby Rachel » Thu Dec 30, 2004 4:40 am
Great smurfs Dyar, I love that house the the big dupuis digger is very cool. :-D :D :-D
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby eggie smurf » Thu Dec 30, 2004 11:00 am
You're welcome, Andrew :D Is that the same digger from the same seller I bought from as well?? If so, he's really cool! And to thank me even more you can toss that white shirt hefty into my package :cheek:
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby DrunkSmurf » Thu Dec 30, 2004 11:35 am
Nice smurfs, Dyar. Out of curiosity: how do the raw molds hit the market? Are they rejects from the Schleich assembly lines? Do Schleich painters smuggle them home? Do manufactures in China overproduce then sell their extras to the collector's market?

Postby pekkelien » Thu Dec 30, 2004 12:50 pm
is the work out smurf white shirt real
i know the white shirt is painted isnt it ?

Postby Little lucie @ Simon » Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:01 pm
Hi Dyar, you have as always got some really nice smurfs. Yur Dupuis digger smurf is great. He'd look fantastic in my garden . :) If you get bored with him or if he fancies a holiday just send him to Yorkshire c/o Lucie :) :) :D Lucie

Postby attombomb7 » Thu Dec 30, 2004 5:46 pm
hey

I may need to borrow that digger too!:)):):):)
Image Attom

--

CHECK out my new website

Postby Syd Smurf » Thu Dec 30, 2004 6:52 pm
Is that the same digger from the same seller I bought from as well?? If so, he's really cool!
He's a different one Stace. The one we will be getting from that other seller is a different design and is more leaning on the shovel at an angle. It will be cool to have them both sleeping on their shovels though.

Postby Syd Smurf » Thu Dec 30, 2004 7:00 pm
Hi Tim

I am not too sure about the raws/rohlings/blanks (or whatever people want to call them). We have noticed that there are a lot of them around at the moment but seeing as I have not been in this hobby for very long then I couldn't tell you if they have always been around in this many numbers or not. I have noticed a lot of fake rohlings appearing around the place so I think someone is producing these somewhere recently. Maybe Jim II, Attom, Rachel or Richard will be able to tell you more about these.
is the work out smurf white shirt real
This white one does look very dubious and the seller was very open about that. It came with the raw Car Driver which was the one I was really after and the auction went for really cheap...I would of paid double for what I got it for at least. That smurf in particular was the one that strizzi had up for auction a month or so ago and was bought and then sold again to me in a mixed lot with the other smurfs in that picture. I have yet to see one that I can say is authentic. Speaking about authentic smurfs...does anyone think that some of the pics in the Catalogues might of been re-paints? I haven't studied them at any great length yet but I had a hunch that some of them might of been from the pics I see.....and of course I could be wrong as I am no expert. Of course that wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing as it would be important to demonstarte what these smurfs would look like for the publication. I have actually never seen a real white trikot Gymnast...not saying they don't exist but this one on strizzi's and then from the seller I bought it from is the only one of this kind that I have seen on ebay...like I said, I haven't been smurfing too long and maybe I should keep my mouth shut until I have had a few more years in this hobby. However a quick way to learn is to ask questions and then be corrected or bring about the discussion.

Dyar

Postby attombomb7 » Thu Dec 30, 2004 8:34 pm
Sunburnt....I thought he might of been about 8 beers passed tipsy :)

I am not sure of the name of these guys...I only know them as gnomes....does anyone else know? If no one knows I will just call him Gnoman Bates.

Dyar

PS - I love the Dupuis smurf...he is sitting on my computer table next to the screen...they say you never forget your first one and I adore this guy so much...thanks Lia he's amazing. :D

HI dyar.. well I just happen to be the expert on those green funny looking smurfs..or I may be Norman Bates revised????

I even sold Lia her first bunch ages ago!..

they are called Empire gnomes.. and are from the EMpire toy co. in the USA.. they come in green , yellow,flesh and blue..

they are also called lucky leprechans! I think I posted several things here on the empire gnomes?/

I have a huge collection of them and their accessories mostly 1970's

they really are xmas characters ...based on the smurfs.

the rarest ones are blue off course...until they were told to stop making them..so then they became green! etc

I have all the items in these posters! as well

ImageImage
Image Attom

--

CHECK out my new website

Postby Tojo » Thu Dec 30, 2004 8:56 pm
Those are great Attom,

Thanks for sharing these pictures with us.

I especially like the big wheel & the roundabout. Are those pom-poms on the toes of their shoes?

Postby Syd Smurf » Thu Dec 30, 2004 8:56 pm
Thanks Gnoman....I mean Attom of course. You have some very nice items there and I imagine the Ferris Wheel and other pieces would be worth a fair bit. I am not planning on collecting these at all but they might fun to hang onto some of them along the way....they can be smurf friends from a neighbouring village or something. I would like to get an orange one sometime because they look better I think....or even the blue.

Thanks for the pics and the info...it was good to read

Dyar

Postby pekkelien » Fri Dec 31, 2004 3:06 am
some are repainted and some pictures are just worked with with the computer you see it very obvious by some
how
the rare colour variant smurf has the some white spot on his head or ear as his other rare variant
p21 mecanic
see at the purple whone just above his feet its a thin red stripe
p88 lila baseb
p95 red apple

Postby Syd Smurf » Fri Dec 31, 2004 9:31 am
That was interesting to look at Sven...thnaks for that. Like I said I don't have a problem with this because it would be worse not to show what they do look like. It was just an observation as it appeared to me that things were done this way.

Dyar

Postby attombomb7 » Fri Dec 31, 2004 4:10 pm
Those are great Attom,

Thanks for sharing these pictures with us.

I especially like the big wheel & the roundabout. Are those pom-poms on the toes of their shoes?

HI Thanks Tojo!!!...

yes they are pompoms cute eh??
Image Attom

--

CHECK out my new website

Postby Rachel » Sat Jan 01, 2005 6:14 am
Speaking about authentic smurfs...does anyone think that some of the pics in the Catalogues might of been re-paints? I haven't studied them at any great length yet but I had a hunch that some of them might of been from the pics I see.....
This is something I have been doing a bit of research on lately, there have already been a number of discussions, especially when the latest catalogues were released. I will get my info out later and post what I have discovered so far. :sherlock:
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby pekkelien » Sat Jan 01, 2005 10:24 am
i cant believe noenoe bought that smurf from strizzi for 35 euro orso and sold it so cheap to you :eek:
Page 1 of 2

Login