Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 1 of 1
Postby Tamtam » Thu Dec 09, 2004 2:18 pm
Okay, I need some smurfy help! I won an ebay auction the other day and when it arrived, I noticed that the Gold smurf (badly played with) was a bit different than the one I already had. He seems to be a bit taller and the gold paint looks a bit tarnished. Maybe I should rename him as gold plated smurf. :smile:
Has anyone noticed this with their Gold smurfs?

Tam

Postby IndigoSmurf » Thu Dec 09, 2004 2:41 pm
Hey Tam! Your one gold smurf is lovely! The other smurf.. poor guy! I can't tell from the picture, but is he rubbing? In golf smurfs I've seen that were worn, the wear marks are blue, not whitish like yours. Very strange.

Postby Fram » Thu Dec 09, 2004 2:56 pm
Yep, they are variations. The gold smurfs exists in two formats, in two shades of blue. The gold paint also has different shades. It is rather fragile, so a good condition one is sought after, while a rubbed one is easy to find.
For information about variations and such is Blue Imps a good resource. You can find the link at the top of every page. Rachel has many variations and very nice pictures of them.
:sheep: Bored of normality, why not go smurf? :sheep:

Postby Tamtam » Thu Dec 09, 2004 4:20 pm
The rubs have exposed white instead of blue. Poor little guy. He will be going on the shelf with the rest of the smurfs so he doens't feel bad. :(

Thanks for your help and I will have to check out Rachel's site.

:)

Tam

Postby IndigoSmurf » Thu Dec 09, 2004 4:28 pm
I was just looking through my box of rubbed smurfs and found your smurf's twin! It almost looks like there is like a white base under the gold paint. I'll have to check out Blue Imps too!

Christine

Postby Tamtam » Thu Dec 09, 2004 4:35 pm
Now that I am looking really closely, I think that both of my gold smurfs are white PVC base and then painted blue and gold.

:dancing:

Postby Syd Smurf » Fri Dec 10, 2004 3:53 am
Hi Tam

Here's a pic of my Gold smurfs and you can see different shades of golds and blues as well as different heights I hope. There is one at the back that is a lot taller than the others and also has paintrubs showing white underneath just like the one you mentioned.

Dyar

Postby attombomb7 » Fri Dec 10, 2004 4:39 am
HI ! those two sure look different!

you can see the size diffference in your photo!

the worn out one is actually cute
Image Attom

--

CHECK out my new website
Hogatha's Fake and licenced Smurfs collection

http://mennoblue.net/
(my fake smurf collection ):)

Postby pekkelien » Fri Dec 10, 2004 5:30 am
the first off al produced smurfs are also 2 large variation groups in them as you see in the katalogue you have a larger form and a little form
with these gold its the same
then you have a gold variation colour i have 3
and then you have markings different i have hong kong w berrie w germany schleich emblem ....
and then i have 1 made a keychane inside

Postby Tamtam » Fri Dec 10, 2004 5:56 am
Wow, thanks for the info folks.

Dyar:

I love the gold smurf in the back. He looks a bit goofy! :)

Tam

Postby Syd Smurf » Fri Dec 10, 2004 6:22 am
I love the gold smurf in the back. He looks a bit goofy! :)
Yes he does look a bit like he's the odd one out and trying to act like a Gold smurf among all of the others....I quite like him too.

Postby Tor » Fri Dec 10, 2004 11:33 am
I love the gold smurf in the back. He looks a bit goofy
Am I the only one who thinks that he looks a bit mad?
/Tor

Postby Fram » Fri Dec 10, 2004 11:36 am
Yes. To me he looks like he tries to look above the other to see what that human with the camera is doing. :)
:sheep: Bored of normality, why not go smurf? :sheep:

Postby attombomb7 » Fri Dec 10, 2004 3:30 pm
isn't that what life is like too?? :cheers: :cheers:
Image Attom

--

CHECK out my new website
Hogatha's Fake and licenced Smurfs collection

http://mennoblue.net/
(my fake smurf collection ):)

Postby Guest » Fri Dec 10, 2004 4:24 pm
He looks like he has spotted my Kitty doing something naughty!! :)

Postby Rachel » Fri Dec 10, 2004 6:39 pm
Great pics guys and Thanks for all the info. I don't think I had noticed the height difference before, only the colours. :-D
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]
Page 1 of 1

Login