Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 1 of 2
Postby smurfowen » Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:57 am
Whilst takeing a very close look at the poster i realist that there were two smurfs that dont ring a bell at all to me. Can anyone Andre, TinTin etc shed some light on these two.
Attachments
die_welt_der_schlumpfe_poster (2)b.jpg
die_welt_der_schlumpfe_poster (2)b.jpg (93.29 KiB) Viewed 4151 times
die_welt_der_schlumpfe_poster (2)a.jpg
die_welt_der_schlumpfe_poster (2)a.jpg (78.29 KiB) Viewed 4151 times

Postby SMURFYSTEVE1 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:17 am
I have never seen them I cant make out what the first one is doing but i love the second one smurf picking pettles of the flower. :-D I wonder if mabe they were figures made similar to the xmas proto types but were never relised or sold? just my guess. :lol:

Im sure someone else will know lol
Smurfy regards
Steve :D

Postby Tintin » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:23 am
Hi Owen

Well i know the poster, but don't know the smurfs either.
We have been talking about it in another topic.
There is one other smurf on the poster i don't know.
It looks like a combination of the 20024 and the 20095

Steve could be very well right, i think it's like the xmas prototypes.

Tintin

Postby smurfowen » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:58 am
Hi Owen

Well i know the poster, but don't know the smurfs either.
We have been talking about it in another topic.
There is one other smurf on the poster i don't know.
It looks like a combination of the 20024 and the 20095

Steve could be very well right, i think it's like the xmas prototypes.

Tintin
is it this one?
Attachments
die_welt_der_schlumpfe_poster - Copy (2).jpg
die_welt_der_schlumpfe_poster - Copy (2).jpg (78.98 KiB) Viewed 4125 times
Smurfowen
Life is a journey, so enjoy the ride.

Postby Tintin » Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:15 pm
Hi Owen

Yes :D that's the one !!
Never seen him before either.................

Tintin

Postby lobo » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:34 pm
OMG!!!
three real prototypes more !!!
the first one seems to hold a shovel, doesn´t he?
I love the second one, anyone can sell me one of these, please? :) :) :)

Postby Cassiebsg » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:43 pm
Here's a challenge for you, Carlos and Steve... to make them. ;)
Specially the flower one, he's just adorable! :) :)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Postby smurfowen » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:57 pm
Maureen maybe you should open a topic page called prototype smurf that never made it or maybe they did.
Smurfowen

Postby lobo » Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:09 pm
Did you read my mind, Cassie?
I was thinking about making the one with the flower... :cheers:
Postby André » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:57 am
Whilst takeing a very close look at the poster i realist that there were two smurfs that dont ring a bell at all to me. Can anyone Andre, TinTin etc shed some light on these two.

Hi Pierre,

I think I have told this before but here is the story.

This poster shows the smurfs Schleich had for sale in 1978, so it is the closest to a 1978 Schleich catalogue we have so faar.

In 1976 Hermann Schneider took over as second managing director. In 1977 Friedrich Schleich sold his shares of the company and retired. So from 1977 Schneider was the owner and SMD of the company.

One of the first things Schneider did was changed the logotype to the "red S inside a circle". This he did 1978.

So why is this intresting??? It is because you can see these on the smurfs also!! :D During 1978 they changed the logotype in the smurfmolds.

So therefore the ones shown on this poster from 1978 can be found with the running man emblem. But the molds made after this poster was made have the new logotype Schneider introduced to the company 1978.

The 3 smurfs not shown on the poster( only prototypes. Like in many catalogues and on many posters made later also, Schleich uses prototypes on the new releases if they don´t have the real ones ready when they take the pictures.), these were never sold or made like this.
The intresting thing with these is that 20043( digger), 20044( lover) and 20048( flute) was made after they stopped with the "running man"-emblem. All the other ones of the 48 normal smurfs sold this year were made before and have the emblem( or corrected: don´t have the "S inside circle").

One intresting thing to add is that when Schleich made their first smurfs in Hongkong for the US market they still used the emblem. These smurfs were sold in US 1979 and then the molds must then have been made early 1978, otherwise they would have the new logo instead, right!! :-? :-D
Attachments
logotypes.jpg
logotypes.jpg (49.34 KiB) Viewed 4045 times
1978 schleichsmurfs.jpg
1978 schleichsmurfs.jpg (118.48 KiB) Viewed 4045 times
André

In Sweden the smurfs are blue ( and yellow).

Website: The collectors guide to the smurfs ( under construction) : http://thecursedcountry.com/

Smurfy blog: http://smurfblog.thecursedcountry.com/

Postby André » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:10 am
Here are the other smurfitems Schleich had for sale 1978. The last ones made with the emblem. The accessories and houses are also like this. Before this poster the parts had the old emblem. After the poster the new logotype.

Notice also the new logotype( red S inside circle) on the poster to the left on the supersmurf-picture.

So this year they used this logotype but as you all know they molds are made a while before it is possible to take pictures of them. :o

Maybe this poster was the first one made with the new logotype??? :-?
Attachments
playsets 1978.jpg
playsets 1978.jpg (95.46 KiB) Viewed 4040 times
supers 1978.jpg
supers 1978.jpg (94.43 KiB) Viewed 4040 times
André

Website: The collectors guide to the smurfs ( under construction) : http://thecursedcountry.com/

Postby smurfowen » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:30 am
This poster shows the smurfs Schleich had for sale in 1978, so it is the closest to a 1978 Schleich catalogue we have so faar.

The 3 smurfs not shown on the poster (only prototypes. Like in many catalogues and on many posters made later also, Schleich uses prototypes on the new releases if they don´t have the real ones ready when they take the pictures.), these were never sold or made like this./quote]

So here is a controdiction in the history. First its stated that the smurfs on the poster were for sale in 1978, then its said that they were not sold. I'M CONFUSED!!!!!

If they were made just for the poster ( I can understand this) then what happend to them?

I love misteries like this. and misteries there are quite a few it seems when it comes to the smurfs.

Thank you for the other history Andre
Smurfowen

Postby smurfowen » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:35 am
Another miSTORY from another poster it seems. Is the airoplane smurf.
Smurfowen
Postby André » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:42 am

The 3 smurfs not shown on the poster (only prototypes. Like in many catalogues and on many posters made later also, Schleich uses prototypes on the new releases if they don´t have the real ones ready when they take the pictures.), these were never sold or made like this./quote]

So here is a controdiction in the history. First its stated that the smurfs on the poster were for sale in 1978, then its said that they were not sold. I'M CONFUSED!!!!!

If they were made just for the poster ( I can understand this) then what happend to them?

I love misteries like this. and misteries there are quite a few it seems when it comes to the smurfs.

Thank you for the other history Andre
OK Pierre!

I put it like this instead. The smurfs mentioned on the poster was for sale in 1978, but not all the ones pictured. Because as usual the pictures for posters and catalogues are made several months before distributing them.

A perfect example from today are the centuryboxes. When they took the pictures for the catalogues they used the older mold of both angry and spy. And this was most likely done because the smurfs to be used in the sets were not made yet, right?

Sometimes they use drawings of the new smurfs also like in the catalogues from 1987, 88 or 89 I think??
André

Postby Smurfysmurf » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:42 pm
Another (later) example is the Hawaian smurfette. The one that Schleich first pictured is quite different to the one they eventually sold.

My guess is that this happened quite frequently. Maybe by the time they went to mass producing the molds, they realized they had to change the mold a bit due to different reasons. (the original mold might have become too expensive) I've heard that the first Hawaian smurfette was too sexy for Peyo and Schleich had to change the mold to make her more "smurf" like :-?
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/
===============================

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Gerda » Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:02 pm
I have this poster and stare at it often and noticed that on these prototype smurfs that there are some parts that are not painted and it looks grey like a clay material of sorts, so I think prototype is the right way to describe them, like they knew they where going to have a flower smurf but did not have the right design down when they made the poster. Wish the pictures I took would show it but it is a pin prick of a spot and hard to photograph :banghead:
happily smurfing along

Postby André » Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:25 am
I agree with you Gerda,

the smurfs looks a bit strange and not like smurfs ready to be sold.

Thanks also for sharing pictures of this poster.

This poster from 1978, together with the Bully posters, are very intresting and tells us a lot about the history.

When Schneider was in charge and started the changes in 1977, we also see that this year was the year they changed the looks on the smurfs to the larger faces. The smurfs made directly after the "smurf-break" between 1973 and 1975, looks like the older molds( 20023-20032 and 20047). I guess either these were made before the break in 1973 or made before 1977 but after the break. These smurfs can be found with the emblem or without the printed Schleich S logo.

First I thought this could have something to do with Bully selling for example the thinking and sitting smurfs. But the first ones were the ones without printed Schleich and later they added Schleich to the mold because of the new logo. Same with Gardener, torchbearer etc.

So when Schneider started making these changes and they made the new looks on the smurfs in the HK molds they still kept the older looks on many of the smurfs. But this is not really so strange since they still kept the old smurfs made before 1973 in production and only made changes on a few of them.

But regarding the supers shown on this poster only 40201 to 40203 can be found without printed Schleich, I think?? 40204 and 40205 and Gargamel were probably made last of the ones on the poster and got the Schleich S marking?? :-?

Regarding Bully:
I know there is a poster with the Bullysmurfs from 1979 but I guess it can be hard to find. When we have that one we can be pretty sure which years almost all smurfs were sold. I will post a picture of the folded poster later. :D
André

Postby Tintin » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:42 am
Hi

Here a picture from another testversion.
Not sure if this one came from the same poster............

Tintin
Attachments
IMG_2776a.jpg
IMG_2776a.jpg (75.44 KiB) Viewed 3851 times

Postby smurfowen » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:16 am
Hi Tintin
Different poster, but another great one!
Smurfowen

Postby André » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:57 am
Hi

Here a picture from another testversion.
Not sure if this one came from the same poster............

Tintin
Hi Frank, :D

another nice variation they made for the year when the airplane was sold.

I have this poster and it was made for the smurfs sold 1982.

I think it was just like on Gerdas poster from 1978, they did not have the airplane ready for the time they made this poster so they made a variation just for this picture.
André

Login