Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 1 of 1

Will you stay a collector?

Poll ended at Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:04 am

Yes
84%
No
11%
I haven't decided yet
5%
Total votes : 37

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:04 am
When I was thinking about the latest news, I wondered what would you do, if the smurf producing was discontinued soon after.
http://forum.bluecavern.com/viewtopic.p ... 5&start=40
Personally that wouldn't hinder me, since there are still some variants to be found either at fleamarkets or at collectors fairs. But what about you?

Postby SmurfingH » Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:56 am
Yes I will stay a collector because there are so many smurfies out there and smurfy items and lots and lots of fakes..... :-D :) :)

Postby Smurfysmurf » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:38 am
I'll stay a collector. The only thing that probably would get me away from collecting is if I lose the fun of it..and even then I don't think I would sell my collection just yet, because I know me...I may get tired of it for a while but I'll always come back :cheers:
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Tintin » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:53 am
I'll stay a collector. The only thing that probably would get me away from collecting is if I lose the fun of it..and even then I don't think I would sell my collection just yet, because I know me...I may get tired of it for a while but I'll always come back
Totally agree with you Maureen !! :-D

Tintin

Postby Azrael » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:09 am
I don't think it's possible to stop! :-D
www.britishcollectorsclub.com The Smurf Collectors Club

Postby Cassiebsg » Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:38 am
Sorry, can't figure out the answer for the poll since you give 2 opposite options on the same sentence and not just one, like the answer suggests.

Anyway, I would probably stay collecting, and buying here and there when I find a "bargain" and a figure that I find cute and must have. :) :) :)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Postby Tojo » Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:03 pm
I'd continue collecting even if Schleich stopped producing smurfs. There are so many other smurfy items available so that I don't think I'd get bored.

I go through phases anyway. A month or so ago I went mad & bought loads of smurfs but since then I haven't bought any... Please forgive me :o
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:11 am
Sorry, can't figure out the answer for the poll since you give 2 opposite options on the same sentence and not just one, like the answer suggests.
Sorry Sandra. I guess I was a little tired yesterday.

[Btw. would anyone be so kind and change my question into "Will you stop collecting?", please, since I'm unable to edit it myself. Thank you so much in advance.]

Postby Smurfysmurf » Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:43 am
I changed it to "will you stay a collector" as most answered yes, and going by the replies the majority will stay a collector and not stop collecting :D

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D

Hidden in the Woods

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:59 am
Thank you so much, Moey. :hug:

Postby Cassiebsg » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:08 am
Thanks! :) Voted now. :D
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Postby southernyacht » Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:04 pm
I'll always stay a collector because smurfs are a part of who I am!

Anyone who knows me knows I love smurfs and as I've been collecting now for over 30 years (good grief...... :eek: ) it would be like losing a part of me.
Cathy x :cat:

Postby eggie smurf » Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:35 pm
I will always be a collector also....I may have slowed down a lot but that's because I have so many that it's hard to find new ones. With all the smurfs coming out in the American market right now, my collecting has picked up again this year and looks like it will continue for a while! I got an email today from ebay that it's my anniversary today, which I forgot. I've been going strong for 7 years now after rediscovering smurfs so I think I've got a lot more years left to collect more :-D
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby Michelle » Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:37 am
Does have anyone a code how to stop a collection????
If there is someone... please don't post it!
I just like how it goes now. And it's a lot of fun when you can collect with all real friends or family... !

Michelle
SUNDAY the 12th of October 2014!! Save the date!!! The 7th edition of Blue Paradise!!!!

Blue Paradise

Postby Tessa-Dennis » Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:07 pm
Well, many know I made the mistake of stopping and selling parts of the collection last year due to circumstances.
As a result of Tessa's help I could stop selling, and I have now made the decission, at the fair last Month, to start collecting again and have been able to find some items I had 'lost'.

I do not think I will ever make the mistake of stopping again :banghead: and never hope to have the need to as well.

Postby Smurfysmurf » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:43 pm
Glad you decided to continue collecting..but knowing what you sold...boy, that must hurt :shock:

Hidden in the Woods

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:23 am
@Dennis: Glad to hear that you made up your mind. :D

Postby Tintin » Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:07 am
Hi Dennis

Nice to hear from you again !!!!!! :-D

Greetings Tintin