Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 2 of 3

Postby Fram » Fri Dec 10, 2004 1:40 pm
Price on his auction may still rise (the last minutes can be sometimes quite exciting), and his box is in a slightly lesser condition!
Prices can vary seriously from one auction to the other, I've noticed. I've bought the Jubilee smurf for 13 Euro last week, and this week the same seller sold the same smurf for 18 Euro!
:sheep: Bored of normality, why not go smurf? :sheep:

Postby Guest » Fri Dec 10, 2004 1:48 pm
Well I couldn't list any cheaper or I would be losing money. I just listed it to create interest in my auctions really! Not too worried if it doesn't sell this time.

Postby Syd Smurf » Fri Dec 10, 2004 9:48 pm
I'm selling one of those on ebay at the moment, gosh he makes me look expensive!!!
It's actually a she Karen...I know because I asked during the week...lol

Dyar

Postby Syd Smurf » Fri Dec 10, 2004 9:51 pm
This is a different box in size but the wording is similiar to others so I have not included this one as a variation although techincally it is a variation comparted to all of the others.

Dyar

Postby Fram » Mon Dec 13, 2004 4:03 pm
Slight variation: this one has the same lettering and words, but a different border (not like it is painted on a wooden plank). You are welcome to consider this first class nitpicking :)

Postby attombomb7 » Mon Dec 13, 2004 4:24 pm
HI that rod looks different?/ it has a reel?? or am I forgetting they all do??
Image Attom

--

CHECK out my new website
Hogatha's Fake and licenced Smurfs collection

http://mennoblue.net/
(my fake smurf collection ):)

Postby Syd Smurf » Mon Dec 13, 2004 9:28 pm
Slight variation: this one has the same lettering and words, but a different border (not like it is painted on a wooden plank). You are welcome to consider this first class nitpicking :)
Hi Fram

I have included that one in my list...it is no.8.

I will have to do some photos which willmake it clearer and then I will make that a new sticky and let this one fall down I think so the pics are at the start of the thread.

If you do see any that you think are not mentioned then please keep posting them as I want to get to the bottom of how many different variations there are and I appreciate your help in keeping an eye out for anything different.

:cheers:

Dyar

Postby Syd Smurf » Mon Dec 13, 2004 9:34 pm
Hi Attom

They all seem to have this although some people cut it off because it does appear to be an extra plastic bit that isn't part of the actual fishing rod. I have decided to leave these on all of my recent ones as they do give the effect of a reel I think.

Dyar

PS - Don't mention this to Stace as she was once picked up by a Rod and unfortunately got hooked but she was lucky to escape back into the sea before the Rod and another buoy came chasing back after her....it's a reel story too.

Postby attombomb7 » Mon Dec 13, 2004 9:43 pm
Hi Attom

They all seem to have this although some people cut it off because it does appear to be an extra plastic bit that isn't part of the actual fishing rod. I have decided to leave these on all of my recent ones as they do give the effect of a reel I think.

Dyar

PS - Don't mention this to Stace as she was once picked up by a Rod and unfortunately got hooked but she was lucky to escape back into the sea before the Rod and another buoy came chasing back after her....it's a reel story too.

ah thanks! that makes sense! I think it looks away nicer with the reel.!

and do you think Eggie was turned into bait? hooked and lured by the rod?/
Image Attom

--

CHECK out my new website

Postby eggie smurf » Mon Dec 13, 2004 9:47 pm
It was very close, Attom, but I'm a slippery fish to catch!

(And I thought Jamie was a "she" - good to know you've confirmed it, Andrew :D )
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby attombomb7 » Mon Dec 13, 2004 9:47 pm
And then there is this exceptional one of a kind box. How do you categorize such a thing?
hey! is this box a special box?/

I bought one but I am really after the older play set..one..this one sucks! for me!:))) :shock: :shock: the other one has a roof thing!
Image Attom

--

CHECK out my new website

Postby Syd Smurf » Mon Dec 13, 2004 10:00 pm
hey! is this box a special box?/
It's larger than the normal size box.

When I get home tonight I will aim to do a thorough report on the super boxes finally...I put it off to last weekend but I got swamped with friends and chores and things that couldn't be put off so I was too exhausted in the end....I will do it tonight.

Dyar

PS - They are making a reel life movie over in Driftwood about the story of Stace and that Rod...there is still a debait about who should play Stace with so many clambering over each other wanting to swim their way to the top.....and they are still searching for an Errol Finn type character to play Staci's love interest, although they are not willing to shell out big bucks for that role since they have scaled his part back.

Postby attombomb7 » Mon Dec 13, 2004 10:06 pm
oH!

do they need and more sardines? :shock:
Image Attom

--

CHECK out my new website

Postby Syd Smurf » Mon Dec 13, 2004 10:31 pm
You will have to talk to Stace as she wrote the script....I think she wants Sydines actually.

I have been trying to land the job of Mermaid caster.....because I don't care to have a head job, I am happy to just work near the top.

I have on my resume credits which include:

Bra Bra Black Sheep
Bosom Buddies
Tit-anic...although this was more about going down

Some people shoot to the top, while others stagger there...I am hoping to fondle my way to the top and when the opportunity comes I will grope it with both hands. :gimme:

:woohoo: :mrgreen: :weird: :woohoo: :mrgreen: :weird::woohoo: :mrgreen: :weird:

People may say I am a little one eyed in my hobbies :cyclops: ...but I like things that have the potential to grow

Dyar

PS - This is a poor attempt at humour so please forgive the rudeness....I am just being silly and will probably be very embarrassed the next time I read this

Postby Fram » Tue Dec 14, 2004 6:53 am
What I meant is this; compare this box with this box. They have the same wording, same colours, but the background for the words is different: one is a yellowish rectangle, and the other is a wooden plank. It's a small difference, but to me, it is a difference. It might of course well be that every Super exists as one or the other and never as both, that I haven't checked...

Postby Syd Smurf » Tue Dec 14, 2004 7:07 am
Hi Fram

They are actually the same style box....if you turned one of those boxes around...you would see it looked like the other one. They are both planks except for on one side the plank goes over the edges...in other words doesn't fully fit on the front face of the box. I have taken all of the pics and I will be doing my SUPER SMURFS BOX report now. I have taken pics of the front and back so hopefully you will see what I mean.

Thanks for the effort though to prove your point as this is something pretty new to me and it made me double check what I had here. If you still think I am wrong then please let me know and I will fix an errors that you find.

Thanks

Dyar

Postby Fram » Tue Dec 14, 2004 7:18 am
No, you may well be right! I just thought those picture looked different, and never thought that they might well be two sides of the same thing... And we certainly don't need too many new versions, it's difficult enough as it is now!

Postby Syd Smurf » Tue Dec 14, 2004 7:45 am
LOL...Fram, you are right that we don't need any more variations to collect....and I may be wrong still so pay attention to the report and let me know if you see anything wrong or if you know of any others.

Cheers

Dyar

Postby Fram » Tue Dec 14, 2004 7:52 am
I will! The sad thing is that I only have one Super in an old box (an a few in the new boxes)...

Postby pekkelien » Tue Dec 14, 2004 8:00 am
i got by my last bought a lot off supers in old boxes
i never payed any atension for it cause if i need to collect all thos variations where does the collection stops
Page 2 of 3

Login