Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 4 of 4

Postby Smurf1303 » Thu Jul 28, 2005 5:14 pm
Thanks Dyar.
Weird how close the feet of the shorter one are to the ground. Will have to try & get the other one, at least if does have different marking will be easy to get.
Helen
Postby hugofilia » Thu Jul 28, 2005 7:32 pm
WOW fantastic, i always dream to get such a box, not only they look great but no paint rub, this is getting rare these days, many auctions i won i get lot of paint rubs even if the description says otherwise.
Congratulations :cheers:
John
I love to create situation with smurfs and change or add colors.

Postby Syd Smurf » Thu Jul 28, 2005 9:18 pm
Thanks John

These packages are a lot of fun and sometimes I do have to wait a long time to receive some of the items but it is worth it when they arrive. If you liked this package then you should see my next big one that should arrive within 2 weeks....for me personally, it will be a lot nicer than this package......at least I hope so anyway :shock:

Dyar

Postby Syd Smurf » Fri Jul 29, 2005 10:40 am
Yay...I have finished sorting through the big package....only took me 10 days :-?...LOL

One of my goals is to get a raw for every smurf figure but another one is to get all of the regular variations listed in the Katalog as well. I will probably never achieve this either as some are very rare and others are quite questionable if they were ever real versions while others are questionable if they were actually a real variation and perhaps just a one-off error especially with the unpainted bits (Biscuit & Naughty come to mind).

Anyway, here is a list of the smurfs where I have actually completed all of the ones listed in the Katalog. The number in brackets after each one is how many variations I have of that smurf. I am hoping to add more completed smurfs to this list as I go along as I have just as many that only need one more variation...however like I said some of those are considered pretty rare so I will probably never complete all of them. Here are the ones I have completed so far....

[these variations do not include fakes, raws or repaints in my collection...they are only regular versions mentioned in the Katalog ]

Papa (13), Normal (9), Shiver (9), Spy (9),
Prisoner (6), Laughing (6), Earache (4), Judge (5),
Mirror (11), Thinker (6), Postman (12), Chef (13),
Flautist (7), Pointing (4), Ice Lolly (15), Candle (6),
Telephone (13), Tailor (4), Congratulations (1), Flying (5),
Trumpet 2 (6), Quack (5), Shy (4), Hammer (5),
Handstand (6), Bookworm (4), Injured (6), Pirate ( 8 ),
Scot (10), Hunter (5), Sauna (11), Alchemist ( 8 ),
Cornucopia (5), Ice Skater (7), Judo (9), Nurse (10),
Cowgirl (6), Bricklayer (5), Traffic (3), Hamburger (5),
Clumsy (5), Papa w/Lab Glasses (10), Greedy (5), Jump rope (4),
Jogger (5), Schoolgirl (3), Thanksgiving Smurf (5), Papa w/ Pizza (4),
S/ette w/ Comb & Mirror (5), Aerobic S/ette (3), Sailor (3), S/ette Baseball (1),
Mop & Bucket (4), #1 Grad (1), Thanksgiving S/ette (4), Thanksgiving Corn (3),
Christmas w/ Candy Cane (2), Christmas S/ette (2), Dentist (3), Basketball (2),
Angel (5), Baby w/ Car (3), Gown (2), Baby w/ Butterfly (4),
Orange Surprise Cone (1), Stewardess (3), Papa Pilot (2), Baby w/ Bowl (2),
Grandpa (4), Smoogle (1), Chitter (2), Nanny (2), S/ette w/ Mouse (2), Bride (3), Groom (2), Video (1), New Soccer (3), Gargamel w/ Hands Up (5), Boxer (2), Scruple (5), S/ette w/ Flower (2), Tramp (2), Yoga/Sitter (1), Gargamel Angry (2), Schoolboy (1), Caveman (2), Cavewoman (2), Hefty (1), Viking (2), Monk (1), Horseman (1), Horsewoman (1), Slouchy’s First Day of School (1), Sassette’s First Day of School (2), Saxophone (1), Techno (2), Mobile Phone (2), Azrael Frightened (2), Sport Swimmer (1), Sprinter (1), Inline Skater (2), Inline S/ette (2), Disco (1), Disco S/ette (1), Smurf Child w/ Doll (1), Smurf Child on Truck (1), Lead Guitar (2), Bass Guitar (2), New Singer (2), Snowboarder (2), Snowboarder S/ette (1), Tourist (1), Sportsman (1), Aerobic S/ette [new vers] (1), Nameplate (1), Golf (1), Leather Shorts (1), Caretaker (1), Smurf w/ Sandwich (1), Studious Smurf (3), Fireman (1), Diver (2), Chimney Sweep (3), Climber (1), Smurf w/ Bouquet (2), Aircraft Captain (2), Carpenter (2), Referee (1), Adventurer (3), Safari (1), Parachutist (3), Beach Volleyball (1), Sports Correspondant (2), MARCHING BAND all one except these two,….Trumpeter (2), Clarinet (2), Paul Revere (2), Benjamin Franklin (2), Christopher Columbus (2), Thomas Edison (1), George Washington (1), Abraham Lincoln (1), Smurf w/ Easter Egg on Back (1), Smurf Eating Easter Egg (1), Hippie (2), New Basketballer (2), Hip Hop (1), New Techno (2), Cyber (1), Workaholic (2), Show Off (3), Trendy S/ette (2), 2004, & 2005, smurfs, Millennium (2).

Postby Smurf1303 » Fri Jul 29, 2005 3:51 pm
Wow Dyar, that's awsome. Good luck with the quest.

I'm still after the rather more modest goals of one of each regular smurf (3 to go), one of each super (8 to go), one of each easter (1 to go). Something tells me you just might beat me to it though!

Postby Syd Smurf » Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:12 pm
Thanks Helen....it's a pretty foolish goal of mine but I will give it a go anyway. That's really cool you only need a handful more to complete your collection. Which ones do you still need?

There's a few people herelike Gerda & Linda who are now getting close to finishing their collections....it's exciting to see as it's such an accomplishment to finally get over the finishingline.

Dyar

Postby Smurf1303 » Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:29 pm
No I think it's a cool goal (albeit one I so can't afford to have). I tend to try and 'complete' smurfs I really like such as policeman or baby with blocks so I do get it.

I still need:
Normal: Surprise Cone Orange & Green, Smurfette in Ballgown [mostly cos with the first 2 I worry they're fakes or I can't afford them]

Easter: Pink Bunny in Egg [where the heck is this one! They were two a penny when first came out but haven't even seen one to bid on/buy!]

Supers: To be honest I haven't finished buying the ones that are easily accessible yet. The ones I think I'll find hardest are artist, surprise box & boxer as I only buy them if they come with their boxes (don't care which box version though)

Helen

Postby Syd Smurf » Fri Jul 29, 2005 9:18 pm
The Pink Baby in Easter Egg is a tough one to find...it was the last regular one I found/bought. There doesn't seem to be many of them around.

I received another set of green furniture in the big package and wasn't going to bother checking for a variation since I thought I had the 3 different shades of green furniture already....but I decided to check it today and guess what......yep you guessed it....LOL

The new one is the dull light green one on the end....how many different shades are there? :shock:

Dyar

Postby Smurf1303 » Fri Jul 29, 2005 9:44 pm
That's amazing. Can't believe all the different variants you've found in the plastic accompaniments. It must make you want to bid on EVERYTHING just in case ... or do you do that already? :)

Postby attombomb7 » Fri Jul 29, 2005 11:36 pm
hi

Its nice to see those jungle smurfs and everyday you discover new

variatios! its like finding new planets or species!! very wonderful!

it makes this hobby so cool that we can still discover so much!

those benches are interesting too..I also wonder how many variants there are.. when Schleich was so fussy..

lucky for us!! :)
Image Attom

--

CHECK out my new website
Hogatha's Fake and licenced Smurfs collection

http://mennoblue.net/
(my fake smurf collection ):)

Postby Syd Smurf » Sat Jul 30, 2005 1:35 am
It must make you want to bid on EVERYTHING just in case ... or do you do that already? :)
Oh geez Helen, you are putting ideas in my head now :)

No, a lot of these are found by accident. I actually won this auction because I was after a different item in it (can't remember what now) and the green furniture was just going to be traded or sold....until I decided to double check to see if it was different. It's nice to find these and be aware of the different ones out there but I swear everytime I buy smurfs I end up with different ones so I am either very very lucky or they just made a very very large amount of variations.

I am just guessing that over time the colours/tones varied in production without them really trying to create something totally different.

Dyar

Postby Syd Smurf » Sun Jul 31, 2005 5:09 am
At the risk of annoying everybody on the forum again :duck: I noticed last night that my Bundesliga boxes were different to the last lot I got. The last lot were dark green and these new ones are light green....ok, now I will run away forever and not mention variations ever again.........although no promises of course :)

Dyar

Postby Guest » Sun Jul 31, 2005 5:52 am
Your collection is awesome Dyar ! I trust that you have it insured ? you never know when those BLT's might come-a-calling ! :-D :beer:

Postby Syd Smurf » Sun Jul 31, 2005 7:08 am
It is insured Graham......just need to convince the insurance folk that they are really worth something which could be a bit tricky :shock:

Dyar

Postby Guest » Sun Jul 31, 2005 7:12 am
Its good to know you are insured, are all your smurf items itemised by yourself or photographed to back yourself up ? :-D :beer:

Postby Guest » Sun Jul 31, 2005 7:14 am
and wont De Schlumpf Katalog IV be useful for valuing the items legally ? i wonder .... ? :-D :beer:

Postby Syd Smurf » Sun Jul 31, 2005 8:14 pm
and wont De Schlumpf Katalog IV be useful for valuing the items legally ? i wonder .... ? :-D :beer:
Yes, getting those type of prices would not be bad at all :D

Postby Smurf1303 » Sun Jul 31, 2005 8:59 pm
Ok Dyar, I'll bite...

What is the difference with the bundesliga boxes?

Actually didn't even realise/remember they had boxes. Would love to own some of them some day but it would be hard as difficult to justify having any team that have ever beaten man utd!

Helen

Postby Syd Smurf » Sun Jul 31, 2005 9:51 pm
Ok Dyar, I'll bite...
:smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Sorry about that.....I got all excited there for a minute......might need another slap again soon...... :music: ....ok, not what I was expecting but thank you whoever that was......anyone got any Panadol?

The new ones I received are just lighter green whereas the other ones were a very dark green. I know this is probably not very exciting but I wasn't aware of the difference so I thought I would mention it just for the record so people can be aware.

I have to support Bayern as my friend in Germany is a big fan and has promised to support my football team the Dragons (or Drachen as he would say) if I support Bayern. I played soccer when I was younger but I was always tempted to pick the ball up and run with it.....which the coach said I wasn't allowed to do apparently :(

Dyar

Postby Guest » Mon Aug 01, 2005 2:11 am
That is so funny Dyar, i have always said that if a ball was meant to be carried, it would have a handle on it ! :-D :beer:
Page 4 of 4

Login