Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 2 of 2

Postby Raresmurf » Thu Mar 17, 2005 5:07 pm
(I know this subject is going to change soon)...I hope you all will see this with forsight.

I'm not trying to be silly about it. Anyone agree or think this may be a good idea or anything of it? :-?

Postby Guest » Thu Mar 17, 2005 5:09 pm
Hee hee :) :) :)

Getting back on track, I wouldn't have a clue how you form a Watchdog? It's like being the Smurf Police or something and I'm not allowed near handcuffs! :) :) :) :)

Postby Guest » Thu Mar 17, 2005 5:11 pm
I'm not trying to be silly about it
No I am perfectly capable of being silly enough for both of us :) :) :)

Sorry I just opened a bacardi breezer

Postby Raresmurf » Thu Mar 17, 2005 5:15 pm
You are right K,

How can we do it? It's really worth a try - what do you think? brainstorm everyone... we can't boycote the fake auctions because we wouldn't buy them any way (lol - except my stupid ass would...ha-ha)

oh - oh - OH!!!!! I have the perfect idea - but it's wouldn't be a good idea to post publicly....lol

Postby Guest » Thu Mar 17, 2005 5:22 pm
Well we need better English language website material (and other languages) like George;s website. We need the pictures and we need the info there in black and white. It would almost be good to have a blog type thing where we would discuss an auction or just item and it be saved in a database with all the comments.

My brother bored the pants off me today (well not literally, smack, stop it Karen) showing me his bird watching websites. But thinking about it, there were logs of when certain birds were spotted, and the location.

So how about we keep a log of strange variations? Info like the seller, the price it sold for, a pic if possible and who it sold to? Keeping info like this would give us a better idea of the history behind pieces. We are all saying oh yes I've seen loads of those selling recently so they must be fakes but hey let's get the facts behind us! Let's stop surmising and start recording! I am even getting enthusiastic now, amazing what a bottle of the red stuff does for me!!! :cheers:

Postby Rachel » Thu Mar 17, 2005 5:30 pm
Well we need better English language website material (and other languages) like George;s website. We need the pictures and we need the info there in black and white.
I will be on the case as soon as I get my smurfs out again so I can take pics and repaint some more. It is something I have been planning for a while so it won't take long as soon as I get this house move out of the way.

Recording the fakes we see properly is a great idea, give that lady a drink - well give her another one then. :D
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby Raresmurf » Thu Mar 17, 2005 5:34 pm
My brother bored the pants off me today (well not literally, smack, stop it Karen
That made me laugh BIG TIME!!!

I agree we can get a masive resource going, I mean let's face it between us all (except me), we can put together something. The only question is Karen/Rachel do you have the time? Time is hard to find...

Also, holding it all in a forum really doesn't work. No-one wants to trawl through a forum to find info and have to work through the friendly banter to get it. What Rachel has is Ideal, it just needs an extra few sections that describe the findings....

BUT, this still isn't going to stop fakes, remember How I mentioned cutting the head off the fake market...we have to stop it there - that's the only way...on ebay anyway.

there are some VERY VERY knowlegable people on these forums that can tell what is fake and what is not...
Well we need better English language website material (and other languages) like George;s website. We need the pictures and we need the info there in black and white. It would almost be good to have a blog type thing where we would discuss an auction or just item and it be saved in a database with all the comments.

My brother bored the pants off me today (well not literally, smack, stop it Karen) showing me his bird watching websites. But thinking about it, there were logs of when certain birds were spotted, and the location.

So how about we keep a log of strange variations? Info like the seller, the price it sold for, a pic if possible and who it sold to? Keeping info like this would give us a better idea of the history behind pieces. We are all saying oh yes I've seen loads of those selling recently so they must be fakes but hey let's get the facts behind us! Let's stop surmising and start recording! I am even getting enthusiastic now, amazing what a bottle of the red stuff does for me!!! :cheers:

Postby Raresmurf » Thu Mar 17, 2005 5:39 pm
Top, Rachel, you and K are really the key to this whole thing - I am serious...honestly... :oops:

I have some 2001 Nederburg (South African) red here...lol - 2001 is a great year isn't it... :) :) :)
Well we need better English language website material (and other languages) like George;s website. We need the pictures and we need the info there in black and white.
I will be on the case as soon as I get my smurfs out again so I can take pics and repaint some more. It is something I have been planning for a while so it won't take long as soon as I get this house move out of the way.

Recording the fakes we see properly is a great idea, give that lady a drink - well give her another one then. :D

Postby Guest » Thu Mar 17, 2005 5:40 pm
I agree the forum isn't the right place for it, the info will get lost.

This is what my brother was showing me

http://pbc.codehog.co.uk/news.php?date1 ... e=2&sort=1

He is so pleased because he spotted these birds..

04 Mar 05 Woodcock Warmington 1 over football fields Garry Heath
04 Mar 05 Barn Owl Warmington 1 top end of Buntings Lane Garry Heath

I did try to look interested I promise!!! About as interested as he is in my smurfs!! :) :)

It's quite simplistic but I think we could do something like this. We're not going to spot everything but we could at least start recording something, e.g. one lesser spotted Smurfpecker flying over Sydney, Australia, well maybe not! :) :) :)

As for cutting the head off the Fake Market, stop buying the damn things Raresmurf!!!!!! :) :) :) :) :)

Postby Raresmurf » Thu Mar 17, 2005 5:46 pm
I'm trying!!! I'm trying! - That bird spotting DB is very good, but with these smurfs and variations, Fakes, Possible Fakes - there needs to be a visual aspect. One would need to see the photos...

...there must be a way...

I think I have and idea - I'll get back to you...

SYD:
Smurfpecker flying over Sydney
:) :) :)

I did try to look interested I promise!!! About as interested as he is in my smurfs!! :) :)

It's quite simplistic but I think we could do something like this. We're not going to spot everything but we could at least start recording something, e.g. one lesser spotted Smurfpecker flying over Sydney, Australia, well maybe not! :) :) :)

As for cutting the head off the Fake Market, stop buying the damn things Raresmurf!!!!!! :) :) :) :) :)

Postby Syd Smurf » Thu Mar 17, 2005 7:20 pm
We have Cockatoos flying over Sydney Harbour....is that what you meant?.....I can be a Galah but I can't fly over Sydney Harbour without the surroundings of the interior of an aeroplane.

Dyar

Postby attombomb7 » Thu Mar 17, 2005 8:39 pm
yeah ! we have budgies over here! blue ones and yellow!\

they fly around town all the time!:)
Image Attom

--

CHECK out my new website
Hogatha's Fake and licenced Smurfs collection

http://mennoblue.net/
(my fake smurf collection ):)

Postby Fram » Fri Mar 18, 2005 11:12 am

I often get woodcocks while birdwatching, but I don't write it down always, let alone show it to my sister :shock:

Apart from that nonsense, it would be good if we could follow some Smurfs or sellers a bit closer, but it takes a lot of time and resources, and I guess many of us have a fairly good idea which seller is trustworthy and which is suspect...
:sheep: Bored of normality, why not go smurf? :sheep:

Postby Syd Smurf » Fri Mar 18, 2005 10:56 pm
I often get woodcocks while birdwatching, but I don't write it down always, let alone show it to my sister :shock:
You wouldn't need to tell anyone about them Fram...I am sure they would be quite obvious with that loin cloth....although I am happy to hear that you don't share it with your sister as that would be......odd :eek:

Dyar :-D

Postby Guest » Sat Mar 19, 2005 4:15 am
I often get woodcocks while birdwatching, but I don't write it down always, let alone show it to my sister
I missed that the first time I read it!!! :) :) :) :) :cheers:

Postby Syd Smurf » Sat Mar 19, 2005 5:34 am

Maybe I was wrong then Fram...maybe it's a very big loin cloth or a very.....um, better not go there.

Dyar

:o

Postby Fram » Sat Mar 19, 2005 11:11 am

Maybe I was wrong then Fram...maybe it's a very big loin cloth or a very.....um, better not go there.

Dyar

:o
All my loin cloths are XXL :-D

Postby Guest » Sat Mar 19, 2005 11:14 am
I was going to call you a Big Head but I thought better of it!!! :) :) :)

Postby Fram » Sat Mar 19, 2005 11:16 am
I was going to call you a Big Head but I thought better of it!!! :) :) :)
Yes, let's not make Bunno jealous of you :angry: :jump:
Page 2 of 2

Login