Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 1 of 1
Postby Syd Smurf » Sun Feb 13, 2005 9:32 am
Like most people I want just about everything smurfy but I actually have a priority list of about 150 items which covers regulars, supers, playsets & buildings. I am really happy today because I got to cross one of those items off and it was one that I have been after for about 12 months now.

It was the old large smurf house with the original box.....I know some people may think this is no big deal but I really wanted one because I like to collect the different boxes as well and since I didn't have one of the older ones before it's nice to cross this one off the list. I paid a bit more than what I probably should of for it and just hope I don't end up in the "clueless bidders" section but I am really thrilled about this as it was all in really good unplayed with condition and still included the instructions too.

I haven't got the old house with the new blue polkadot box yet but I am aiming to get one of these in about 4 weeks which will cross off another item that I have wanted for a long time. I know a lot of the items on my list I may never get so it's always nice to win something that you have wanted for a long time.

Postby attombomb7 » Sun Feb 13, 2005 12:32 pm
hi! dyar!

that is a really nice box and house!.. its hard to collect the boxes I'm sure and it will always cost a bit more..but in the long run a wise collectable!

and the graphics are always so kool!

its really nice someone is focusing on the box variations and now documenting them too!

best wishes on that!!:)
Image Attom

--

CHECK out my new website
Hogatha's Fake and licenced Smurfs collection

http://mennoblue.net/
(my fake smurf collection ):)

Postby Tojo » Sun Feb 13, 2005 2:11 pm
Great win Dyar.

To have something in complete original condition is always good. The first things that go missing are usually the leaflets followed soon after by the boxes so that's a nice addition to your collection.
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby Rachel » Mon Feb 14, 2005 5:55 am
Nice house with box Dyar, it looks in a fab condition. I am still after one MIB so I am well chuffed you have got one. :cheers:

I know what you mean about a priority list although I can normally only remember a few that I am after. :o
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby DrunkSmurf » Mon Feb 14, 2005 8:13 pm
It looks great, Dyar!

In 1981, I (well, my Mummy) bought me one off the display stand at a Hallmark Cards shop, but it was missing the window frames and the flower pot (how it got lost at the store, I know not--I hope the lady gave us a discount!). At that time, it was the only large smurf house I'd ever seen.

It's cool seeing one intact!

Postby Syd Smurf » Mon Feb 14, 2005 9:49 pm
Hi Tim

Thanks for telling us that story.

I had a large smurf house and a small cottage when I was about 6 years old and used to love the smurfs. I can't recall if I ever had a box but I am sure they were brand new when I first got mine so I do wonder if I had a box way back then. Over the years the Cottage went walkabout and when I finally got my smurfs back (after my brother's girlfriend had stolen them) all I had left of that nice smurf house was the roof and base. All of the accessories such as windows, shutters, frames, doors, chimney, flower box etc had long gone although I think I had lost them before they were stolen from me anyway. I have no idea where these would of gone during the years but the smurfs stayed virtually mint as I stopped playing with them when I was about 7 and just stored them in my room. As I have mentioned many times...when I got my smurfs back after they were stolen from my brother's girlfriend...they were filthy and had paint rubs and had been chewed by her cat including a blue AFL smurf :(

Anyway I had to start from scratch again but still keep my original large smurf house in my village which makes the builder smurfs look busy.

I still have the green large smurf house, fake bully house and red bully house (and Kwak lake display) on shelves under the display as there is no room for them yet in the village but with another 2 farms, windmill, Gargamel's Castle and this house (plus I plan to buy the large house with the new box soon) then I should start making room on my display this weekend otherwise what's the point of buying them if they are going to be hidden under the display.

Dyar

Postby Fram » Tue Feb 15, 2005 2:36 am
You know there are also those old style boxes where you get the old house plus a bunch of Smurfs :-D I'll post a link when I see one on eBay.
Just thought I should give you something to keep you busy :cool:
:sheep: Bored of normality, why not go smurf? :sheep:

Postby Syd Smurf » Tue Feb 15, 2005 2:39 am
Oh no not more...but yes please post a link as I don't think I have seen one of those yet Fram......ja, smurfs keep me very busy.

der Dyar

Postby Fram » Tue Feb 15, 2005 6:43 am
Dyar, you have bought the English language houze box, but this auction has (according to the text) the German language box!

Postby Syd Smurf » Tue Feb 15, 2005 7:44 am
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Dohar!

Postby Fram » Wed Mar 09, 2005 1:51 pm
Dyar, this is the one I meant, the house in a box with a bunch of Smurfsadded. The house isn't complete, the Smurfs are loved, but the box looks good and the tables that are added are very strange (Kwak?), as are the small mushrooms...

Postby attombomb7 » Wed Mar 09, 2005 4:09 pm
hi

dyar ! don't forget to get the asian box and the african box and also the

Polish box..

ooh! and that sweet box from latvia???

smurfing never ends:) hehehe
Image Attom

--

CHECK out my new website
Hogatha's Fake and licenced Smurfs collection

http://mennoblue.net/
(my fake smurf collection ):)

Postby Syd Smurf » Wed Mar 09, 2005 8:48 pm
Thanks Fram...I have put that in watching as there might be some nice things in that lot.

I agree Attom....it never ends.....at least there is no Afghanistan box versions......that I know of.....of course
Page 1 of 1

Login