Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 1 of 1
Postby Syd Smurf » Wed Mar 02, 2005 5:14 am
I have been updating my version of the Katalog over the last couple of weeks but tonight I noticed something I thought was a bit odd.

I was up to the Artist smurf (20089) which has the markings Schleich S W Germany when I noticed that it already had markings on the other foot which seemed to be covered so you couldn't see them.

Now I know this has happened with some smurfs when they changed from the older markings of W Germany to the newer markings Germany....but I was still able to read the older markings which said W Berrie Co and underneath it was Hong Kong. This is weird considering it says Schleich S W Germany on the other foot. I have never seen this type of thing before and was wondering if anyone else had come across something similiar?

Dyar

Postby Rachel » Wed Mar 02, 2005 10:09 am
Hi Dyar, I can't say I have ever noticed this but hopefully I should have my smurfs out again soon and I will have a good look to see if I can spot something similar. :D
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby bundleofkent » Wed Mar 02, 2005 12:05 pm
Do you have a pic Andrew?

Martin

Postby Fram » Wed Mar 02, 2005 2:27 pm
I have one (don't remember which one) which looks like they took out the Bully mark and inserted the Schleich one instead. It's with the Bully inside a circle of West (top) Germany (bottom), and the Bully is replaced by a bar with Schleich (or just an empty bar, my memory leaks) on it... Very strange.

By the way, are there many Bully Portugal Smurfs around? I have one or two...
:sheep: Bored of normality, why not go smurf? :sheep:

Postby bundleofkent » Wed Mar 02, 2005 2:42 pm
Fram I have a couple of Bully smurfs with a bar through the Bully and Schleich elsewhere.

The only Bully Portugal I know of are clown (because you told me!)
kicker2
king
floten2

Martin

Postby Syd Smurf » Wed Mar 02, 2005 8:14 pm
Hi Martin

I will take a pic tonight and also look through my Bully smurfs for you. I am not sure that a photo will capture it but I will do my best.

Dyar

Postby Rachel » Sat Mar 05, 2005 6:26 am
Just bumping this one up to remind Dyar - take the pic! :)

Postby Syd Smurf » Sat Mar 05, 2005 7:40 am
Thanks Rachel......it's easy to forget these things with so many postings going on.

I don't have the best camera to take this shot and the markings are not clear even in real life but I have done the best I can do with my camera.

On the right side you should be able to make out the markings:

Schleich S
(c) 1983 Peyo
W Germany

On the left side underneath where they have tried to remove it says:

W.Berrie Co
Hong Kong

Here are 4 pics that hopefully one will show what I mean.

Thanks

Dyar

Postby Rachel » Sat Mar 05, 2005 8:47 am
Nice pics Dyar, Thanks for showing these markings. Actually I think I have seen this on a couple of smurfs but never really gave it much thought. DOH! :o

Postby Syd Smurf » Sat Mar 05, 2005 8:52 am
Well the pics aren't that clear so you will just have to take it on faith that it does say that...it's just weird to have 2 different country markings on the one smurf....except for the modern ones of course (Germany/China).

Dyar
Page 1 of 1

Login