Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 1 of 1
Postby Syd Smurf » Tue Mar 01, 2005 2:56 am
Yesterday I received one of those fake big Kings from Hong Kong (thanks to Rach for the link) which I thought I missed out on...he looks pretty cool I think. Today I was woken up by the pesky postman but he brought me 3 nice Hazero smurfs so I forgave him. I then went into work and there was a big box full of walking smurfs and regular smurfs so all round the last 24 hours hasn't been too bad in smurf world.....if I can only get my 2 missing packages then I would be sooper dooper happy.

Here are some of the pics

Postby Syd Smurf » Tue Mar 01, 2005 2:58 am
...and a few regulars because you can't have enough smurfs apparently :D

:cheers:

Dyar

Postby Syd Smurf » Tue Mar 01, 2005 6:21 am
This may not be very interesting but I thought I would post it anyway.

I have gone through the regular smurfs I got today and checked for variations and this is the final result.....

MECHANIC - The markings were Portugal which is one that I didn't have...wahoooo. It's lighter green than the other 2 green Mechanics which is cool because I was hoping to get a few more variations of the Mechanic. I have 9 different ones but including the new one there is only 4 authentic painted ones.

TENNIS PLAYER (MOC) - I have bought a few Mint on Card smurfs thinking that it would be cool to have some in the packet but they always turned out to be variations so I opened the pack to add to the others. This one (China CE) was one I already had so I got to keep it in the packet for the collection.....the look on Mrs Dyar's face was :banghead: (again 9 variations all up)

CONGRATULATIONS - I wanted this one to shake hands with one of the Champion smurfs since the other 2 were busy (one holding a Schleich mini Elephant and the other coming out of a cottage with 4 Papa Pizzas at his door) so it was cool to have another of these.....can't have too many of these ones.....well you can I suppose and I am happy with 3 so I won't be looking for anymore from now on.

NAUGHTY (Hong Kong) - I was hoping this was the one with the markings Peyo on Arm (only) as my one doesn't look too good....(I washed the Peyo one when it arrived and the paint came off the chest...someone had tried to repaint it....not too well unfortunately). Anyway this was the HK one which I already had...infact I had 2 already and I couldn't see a difference between them so I ended up with 2 Naughtys to sell/trade....the look on the face of Mrs Dyar was :D (4 variations)

TRAVELLER (7cm stick) - I specifically bought this one as I needed 2 sticks/bags for 2 Travellers in my collection that are missing them. One is a white rohling and the other is a variation (Bully hand-etched). This one turned out to be a variation too (not listed in the Katalog) because the stick/bag is actually a dark orange as opposed to my other 7cm one which is a light orange. Not sure if the phots will show it up too well as they look red but they are actually different shades of orange. If anyone has any spares sticks/bags or Travellers then please let me know as I have 2 that are stickless. (6 variations including the 2 without sticks)

BAKER - I have another 2 of these Hong Kong Bakers but all have different shades from a dark dull to a lighter to an almost yellow Bread/and Stick. Despite the 3 shades only one HK is mentioned in the Katalog. Two of these are very similiar until you put them both together so the photo may not show it up too well. (7 variations)

HAYMAKER/FARMER - These were odd. My other HK W Berrie Co one was very different to this one for a couple of reasons. The blade on one of the Scythes points more forward while the other points out to the side. One also has his head looking up while the other looks straight ahead. (5 variations)

COWGIRL - I wanted the rope for my rohling Cowgirl but I actually found a Cowgirl smurf the other week at the Fair so this was just going to be a spare but this Cowgirl had a really short rope handle so I will keep it.....unfortunately i also have another one coming as I forgot that i bought this one so I may end up with a spare anyway. (5 variations)

TRACKER - I was hoping for the lighter colours variation (W Germany) but unfortunately it was my 3rd HK W Berrie Co one.....DOH!!!....however all 3 are slightly different when it comes to where the bottom of the stick hits the ground. One has the stick further away from the side of the right foot...one closer to the side...while the other is directly in front of the right foot. Not that different but interesting enough for me to keep. (3 variations)

Sorry for the blabbering guys

Dyar

Postby Syd Smurf » Tue Mar 01, 2005 6:22 am
Oops...here's the pics

Postby Syd Smurf » Tue Mar 01, 2005 6:23 am
and a couple more

Postby Raresmurf » Tue Mar 01, 2005 7:47 am
Very nice A!

Postby bundleofkent » Tue Mar 01, 2005 10:56 am
Amazing detail Andrew!!!

You should speak to Stefan Schneider(angelsmurf) I think both you're heads would come off as the variations you both have is amazing! :-D

I have heard of a few more Portugal markings by the way:

Regulars

sunbather green trunks
tankwart
pommes
rollerskate smurfette
floten2

Supers

Car driver
Rocking horse
Weightlifter

Anyone got them?

By the way Andrew I'm desperately after basketball (regular not the super) with Hong Kong markings (not CE!) do you have any for trade??

Thanks for the post

Martin

Postby Rachel » Tue Mar 01, 2005 2:34 pm
Nice arrivals Dyar, I bet Mrs Dyar was jumping for joy. 8-) :lol:

Nice details for them, interesting reading. :cheers:

I remember Stefan from Pete's board years ago. Cool guy and a great smurfer. :cool:
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby Little lucie @ Simon » Tue Mar 01, 2005 3:30 pm
Hiya Dyar, you have got some great variations there. You must have one massive collection now. I especially like your mechanic variations , i didnt realise that there were so different in colour variations. Thanks for sharing your pics :D Lucie

Postby Syd Smurf » Tue Mar 01, 2005 5:46 pm
You should speak to Stefan Schneider(angelsmurf) I think both you're heads would come off as the variations you both have is amazing! :-D

I have heard of a few more Portugal markings by the way:
.........Anyone got them?

By the way Andrew I'm desperately after basketball (regular not the super) with Hong Kong markings (not CE!) do you have any for trade??
Hi Martin

I have heard you mention Stefan Schneider but I haven't had the pleasure of meeting him yet but he sounds like he has an amazing collection if it impresses you as you have some :shock: smurfs in yours.

I will check on the Portugal ones also as well as the Basketballer. From memory I think I only have the CE one and I am probably hunting the same one as you. It gets hard to find the variations of these later ones as they are rarely listed with their markings and photos can be very deceiving. I will check anyhow.

Take care

Dyar

PS - It's amazing that reasonably common smurfs like these ones will still have interesting variations if you look for them. I can't wait to do a website where I can go through some of the variations and talk about these differences....it's a lot of work and a lot of learning that i will need to do but I will figure out how to do it someday.

PPS - Hi Rach...yes Mrs Dyar was excited.....so excited she couldn't talk....she could only throw something at me to show her rather excited mood....but I thought that was a bad thing...wasn't it? :-?

Postby attombomb7 » Tue Mar 01, 2005 5:59 pm
hi! dyar!

I love the goodies you got today!

those windups!! and those unusual rohling barrel holding smurfs!

and that variation pics of the mechanic is awesome! you can really see what you were talking about on the color shades//

as well as the travellers!

I like the way you are breaking into detailed variations! and will look forward one day to your own SMURF KATALOG called

"Deslumpsyd book Katalog":)

it will be awesome!

great smurfs you got and always a pleasure to see them ..!~!!!

thanks!
Image Attom

--

CHECK out my new website
Hogatha's Fake and licenced Smurfs collection

http://mennoblue.net/
(my fake smurf collection ):)

Postby eggie smurf » Tue Mar 01, 2005 8:07 pm
Lovely Hazeros, Drew :D Now we have matching millers too :cheers:
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby Syd Smurf » Tue Mar 01, 2005 8:21 pm
Hi Stace

Yes we do have matching Millers...I didn't realise until it arrived that I actually had one.....not sure what I was buying when I agreed to these as it was back in December and I forgot what I was buying...they came with a bonus hotdog lolly (made by Sweet Corner) but Jack has already claimed that :( ......but then again he will have to work out my secret hiding spot first :)

Dyar

Postby eggie smurf » Tue Mar 01, 2005 8:57 pm
Ah so you have the twins and I have their triplet brother :D
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby Syd Smurf » Wed Mar 02, 2005 7:41 am
Regulars

sunbather green trunks
tankwart
pommes
rollerskate smurfette
floten2

Supers

Car driver
Rocking horse
Weightlifter

Anyone got them?
Hi Martin

I have all of the Portugal regulars except for the Rollerskater.

I don't have any of those Portugal supers.

I only have the one Basketballer (20211) and the markings are W Germany CE....would love to get another variation of this one sometime though.

:cheers:

Dyar

Postby bundleofkent » Wed Mar 02, 2005 8:40 am
You have those Portugals Andrew?

Thats good going I find them the hardest to get.

Congrats! :-D

Has anyone out there got the HK basketballer?

Thanks

Martin

Postby Syd Smurf » Wed Mar 02, 2005 8:19 pm
Hi Martin

Yes I have all of those except the supers and the Rollerskater.....you would of thought I that I would have the Rollerskater wouldn't you?.....maybe I should check Syd's Cottage. :)

I didn't know that these were harder to find....I think I have had trouble finding some of the Sri Lanka markings although I did find the Indian recently which was good.

Dyar
Page 1 of 1

Login