Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 1 of 1
Postby Syd Smurf » Mon Jan 24, 2005 4:14 am
I received my Brainy with yellow glasses this morning....wahooooooo. Since I made it pretty obvious that I wanted one of these then you should know how happy I was to finally receive one....I had been outbidded about 5 times on these in the last few months so it's nice to finally get one. I think I only need about 2 more of the yellow variations now to get them all so it would be really cool if I can win/buy the last ones I need....yes I did a lap of honour around my desk at work when this arrived....I have a whole office to myself so no one saw it but I was that happy that I picked up the smurf and actually ran around my desk....I am actually glad that no one saw me though...they wouldn't understand what it meant to have one of these after so many disappointments.

Of course I need to give special thanks to Stace for this for pointing out the auction to me.....I wouldn't have one if it wasn't for her....thanks Stace.

:cheek: :cheek: :cheek: :cheek: :cheek: :cheek: :cheek: :cheek:

Dyar

Postby Guest » Mon Jan 24, 2005 4:24 am
Dyar you had me in stitches imagining your personal celebrations! :) :) :)

Postby Fram » Mon Jan 24, 2005 4:55 am
Which two yellow ones do you still need? Chimney sweeper? Sledge? Lion Tamer? Sleepwalker? Drummer? Hammer? Workout?
I'm just trying to think which yellow variations exist, and it's quite a long list, even though only the first two are really rare, I think, although they are both on eBay UK now. I have certainly forgotten a few now. :-? Like the Papa conductor, which may well be a fake, I believe. Oh, and of course the mushroom one, which is very rare (just saw one go for around a 100 Euro). Any other ones?
:sheep: Bored of normality, why not go smurf? :sheep:

Postby Guest » Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:37 am
His Chimney Sweeper is sitting in my stock room, better make sure I don't sell him by accident!!!! :yikes: :)

Postby Fram » Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:50 am
Then I guess the two still missing are sledge and mushroom, unless you counted the chimney sweeper in because you don't really have it yet (although it's put aside for you, you lucky man!).

Postby Syd Smurf » Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:59 am
Hi Fram

The 2 I am missing is the Umbrella & the Skateboarder. I have all of the others (as far as I know) and just recently bought the 2nd and rarer yellow drummer that stands behind the drum more than the other yellow version I have which is like the normal red one. I have my eyes on a yellow Umbrella at the moment and if I am lucky then it will be just the Skateboarder.

Thanks to fellow member Robin I will be able to cross off the Sledgehammer one which I am really looking forward too and can't wait to receive it. I wasn't expecting this one just yet so that was a really pleasant surprise and a big thank you to Robin for helping some of the members here out.

I haven't included the Papa Conductor one because I am not sure if this is real or not either. It certainly is a nice version of it though and so I suppose yopu can say I need 3 yellow ones still.

Dyar

PS - Yes Karen please don't sell the Chimney Sweeper....I will cry if you do that...and then moan and write you depressing emails and PMs for all eternity...you wouldn't want that.

Postby Fram » Mon Jan 24, 2005 6:47 am
Yellow skateboarder? Doesn't ring a bell... I'll have to get out my catalogue tonight and check it!

Postby Fram » Mon Jan 24, 2005 8:27 am
Allright, the yellow skateboarder is N° 4 on BlueImps. It's like I have never seen that one before (I mean on screen or on paper, of course even less in reality). The mind can play strange tricks sometimes :beer: :beer: :beer:

Postby Syd Smurf » Mon Jan 24, 2005 8:52 pm
I am not sure that I have ever seen a yellow Skateboarder on ebay or if I have it was a long time ago and before I was chasing one of them so I didn't pay too much attention to it. I hope to get one someday but I guess I will have to be patient for now and hope I see one when it comes along.

I will have to do a half lap around my desk (still tired from the full lap yesterday) as I won a brown puppy overnight. The brown Puppy is not rare but I have been outbidded on this one more than the yellow Brainy so it was proving to be a difficult one to get hold of....the cool thing is that it came with a grey one as well so if it isn't a variation (I have 2 of the greys) then I will be able to sell it back in Australia and probably pay for the auction which would be nice.

It's just been really pleasing to win 2 of the ones that I have been having trouble with...now if I can just win the old Schleich House that I am bidding on then that would be 3 items that I have constantly been outbidded on.

Dyar

Postby eggie smurf » Mon Jan 24, 2005 10:31 pm
De ja vu!

And you're welcome, Drew! I just couldn't bid on that yellow brainy knowing how much you have wanted one....especially since you were online at the same time as it was ending :) I'm glad you won him and not someone else :hug:
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby Little lucie @ Simon » Tue Jan 25, 2005 2:58 am
Well done Dyar. The brainy smurf is one of my favourites . He is so cute. I also love the brown puppy ive never managed to win one of these :D Lucie

Postby Fram » Tue Jan 25, 2005 12:59 pm
How much would a yellow chimney sweeper with box be worth in your opinion? It's just that I'm on a lot with one in it, and I'm wondering how rare he really is.

Postby Rachel » Tue Jan 25, 2005 2:54 pm
Nice brainy smurf Dyar. :D

I am still after the yellow mushroom, the others I have. There aren't many yellow skateboarders seen on Ebay although I did get mine from there.

I am quite proud to say that it was myself and Steve Parkes that really "discovered" a few years ago that these yellow variations seem to be the UK releases. It wasn't until these yellow variations really first started appearing on UK Ebay that the connection was made and we realised what had happened. Many of these didn't appear in the catalogues until quite recently, infact I can remember a few different collectors questioning my yellow brainy at first as they had never seen one before.
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby Little lucie @ Simon » Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:34 pm
Hiya Fram, i have the yellow chimney sweep in box, like Rachel said they are english releases which we got from the National garages. The price on this is 55 euro's. I think i paid about £15 two years ago for mine :D Lucie

Postby Fram » Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:52 pm
All right, thanks!

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:53 pm
My yellow chimney sweeper is from the National Garage, I never kept the boxes for my smurfs though. :(
Postby newbiepeej » Tue Jan 25, 2005 5:17 pm
hi Dyar there was one of these on ebay did you see it?
Good things come in little blue hands

Postby Syd Smurf » Tue Jan 25, 2005 7:49 pm
Absolutely Pete....I am eyeing it off every day :D

Dyar
Page 1 of 1

Login