Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 1 of 1
Postby Syd Smurf » Wed Jan 12, 2005 8:55 pm
My big missing (and then held in customs) package arrived today and I didn't have to pay anything either in the way of fees or anything....yay

It has been a great smurfy day as I picked up 37 MIB supers this morning on the way to work before heading into the office. When I got to the office there was a package there which contained my Digger Smurf with the white shovel blade and a card to pick up another package. The package was my missing one which featured about 130+ smurfs and about 10 more supers.

The seller said he would chuck in some glasses and some cars for free so I had no idea what these were or how many of them he was sending...but when I opened the box there were 16 Hardee Glasses (unfortunately 2 broke) and at least 10 ERTL vehicles that were all bonuses. A lot of them I didn't have like The Gargamel blue car and the Tractor so I am really excited and can't wait to get home from work so I can play with them all......I just can't concentrate on work at the moment....need to play smurfs.....NOW!!!!!!!!!

Dyar

Postby Syd Smurf » Thu Jan 13, 2005 1:32 am
I have taken some pics of the smurfs but the light wasn't too good so please forgive me....also forgive me for the amount of pics as it wasn't easy to photograph them all in just a couple. These were bought for $1.65 US each except for the Boxer super & the White Blade Digger which came today as well but from other sellers.

ImageImage

Postby Syd Smurf » Thu Jan 13, 2005 1:36 am
I desperately looked for White Soccer testversions but there were none :(
I may of been dreaming but how cool was it to find them in your lot Karen :)

I didn't bother taking a pic of all of the glasses that came as Jack wanted to play with these when I laid them out.....I already had 2 broken when they arrived so I didn't want to add anymore to the casualty list.

Postby Syd Smurf » Thu Jan 13, 2005 1:40 am
Here is a close up of the Rocking Horse super which I think is the rarer version (minus rockers) and the #1 Teacher smurf that came in the package.

The other 2 photos are the 36 supers I picked up on the way to work this morning.

Cheers

Dyar

Postby Gerda » Thu Jan 13, 2005 7:32 am
WOW.. will Mrs. Dyar let me come over and play, I promise I will be good!! :) :) :)
You got like a whole collection in one box.. sorry to hear about the glasses, but only 2 broke in such a big box is really not bad!!

gerda

Postby attombomb7 » Thu Jan 13, 2005 8:27 am
what a huge lot!!! great goodies!!

is Mrs.. dyar still alive??:)

awesome shippment dyar! you must be thrillled????? WOW!
Image Attom

--

CHECK out my new website
Hogatha's Fake and licenced Smurfs collection

http://mennoblue.net/
(my fake smurf collection ):)

Postby Bunno Smurf » Thu Jan 13, 2005 9:02 am
woah Dyar......what a great lot and at a great price too.

Linda
:star: LINDA :star:

Postby Syd Smurf » Thu Jan 13, 2005 9:13 am
is Mrs.. dyar still alive??:)
She must be alive to still be shaking her head at me.....she describes them all as "scary".
WOW.. will Mrs. Dyar let me come over and play, I promise I will be good!! :) :) :)
I don't know about Mrs Dyar, but Gerda you are always welcome to come over and play smurfs anytime of course.

I thought the White Blade Digger might be a fake and just painted white over the yellow but it appears to be actually white PVC and not paint which is really nice. The Katalog only mentions the larger variation having a white blade so I really like this new addition.

I have sorted through the first 39 smurfs.....so it will take a while but I will get there.

Dyar

Postby SMURFYSTEVE1 » Thu Jan 13, 2005 9:23 am
Hay Dyer! Cheack out my trades pages i have a spair rocker for that rocking horse super if you need it!!
How are you going with the sorting? Found any for me yet! Ill take them all off you if you dont need them. :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
Just let me know about the rocker. :D
Smurfy regards, Steve. :D :D :D

Postby eggie smurf » Thu Jan 13, 2005 9:28 am
I'll carpool with Gerda to Aussie to play with all those smurfs too!! :D
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby Syd Smurf » Thu Jan 13, 2005 9:32 am
Oh Steve....yes please for the rocker.

So far I only have a spare Swimmer & Hang Glider but I have a long way to go before I get through them all....will let you know.

Dyar

PS - I would say that you are welcome too Stace....but you are actually running late....you were already meant to be here :-D

Postby Syd Smurf » Thu Jan 13, 2005 6:36 pm
I actually think that my Roman might be one of the testversions with a different hallebard thingy. I already have a black one of these and this one seems to be whiter and definately different to the normal ones. These are not listed as that expensive in the Katalog but it's still a nice surprise none the less.

Dyar

PS - When I got home last night I checked the front door incase anymore packages came and had been left out the front (hey if you are on a roll)...and Mrs Dyar said to me..."My god, how many more do you want in one day?"..... :-? She doesn't know us smurfers too well does she?

Postby SMURFYSTEVE1 » Thu Jan 13, 2005 6:53 pm
I know what you mean it takes true smurf dedication dosnt it! Befor i moved i would wait at the end of our wall buy the gate for the postman to arive to see what he had i would stand there for about 2 or 3 hour till i would see him coming round the corner!! :) And then i would rush indoors screaming hes coming hes coming and crouch down by the letter box and wait like a doggy for the post to come through!! My wife thinks im nutts!!! :) :) :eek: :shock: But a smurfers got to do what a smurfers got to do.
Smurfy regards, Steve. :D :D :D

Postby Tojo » Sat Jan 15, 2005 3:00 am
Wow Dyar,

what a great load of smurfs. I only have 86 smurfs in total so to receive so many in one go must be mindblowing! (I can't afford to poke around in ebay so have to buy from the toyshop as & when I can).

:cheers:

Postby Syd Smurf » Sat Jan 15, 2005 8:18 am
Hi Tojo

Yes it was a bit overwhelming but since this was also my Christmas present I had a bit of help from my family to pay for it all.

I have finally finished sorting through it all and here's a few interesting things I found:

They were mostly Hong Kong smurfs with a whole heap having the markings "W.B. CO." as opposed to W.Berrie & Co for any other combinations.

Most of these ended up being variations and only about 20 or so are actually doubles. Once again I found plenty of variations that are not mentioned in the Katalog.

The White Blade Digger is actually raw white. I thought it just might of been painted but it wasn't which is cool.

The Cowboy has a painting error in that the red scarf at the back of the smurf was not painted.

Another one not mentiond in the Katalog is the Papa Captain with green buttons. I now have the gold & green button variations in both Hong Kong & Hong Kong W.B. Co. markings

The 2 red lines on the Indian Chief's cheek is just about in different places on every Indian I have....I have 9 variations.

I finally got a Hamburger smurf where the Hamburger wasn't stuck to the hands and chest. This one was stuck in the hands only.

The #1 Teacher was also a variation in tones of red.

No Soccer smurfettes without bases stand that well

I want a package that doesn't have a Telephone smurf in it

I can't actually get a smurf or S/ette in Bunny Suite that isn't Portugal

I now have 7 variations of the Papa w/ Blackboard which is hard to believe......only 3 of them relate to the actual Blackboard bit.

The Log Car super smurf is the one with the painted white candles and is actually the other variation listed in the Katalog to the one I already had which was cool. The one I had was the one with the light yellow car seat...this one was the darker car seat version.

I am incredibly sick of reading smurf bums and feet under bad lighting conditions

Dyar

Postby Rachel » Sat Jan 15, 2005 6:06 pm
Excellent lot of smurfs Dyar, no wonder you were upset when they hadn't arrived and great news about not having to pay a huge fee. :cheers:

Cool info on them as well, sounds like you have had some nice variations in there. :-D
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby Syd Smurf » Sat Jan 15, 2005 9:18 pm
I have variations coming out of my mushrooms at the moment....I have no idea where I am going to put the next big package that leaves this week from Germany. I think I can see why people end up selling off their variations as a lot of the time it must come down to space.

Dyar

Postby SMURFYSTEVE1 » Sat Jan 15, 2005 9:25 pm
I coudnt sell my variations if i had loads id rather have them in storage or move in with a freind like next door rather than them leaving home. :( :) :) :) :)
Smurfy regards, Steve. :D

Postby Rachel » Sun Jan 16, 2005 5:16 am
I think I can see why people end up selling off their variations as a lot of the time it must come down to space.
Nope, just buy a bigger house! :)

No news yet, we are still wheeling and dealing. :(
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]
Page 1 of 1

Login