Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 1 of 1
Postby SA Smurfette » Wed Dec 22, 2004 6:40 pm
After not buying any smurfs for 6 weeks the drought is over.

I won a Western wagon playset ( new one )
Areobic smurfette No.2
Emporer
Gargmel mask

and bought the Farm House last week from David Jones which is wrapped and under the tree...I CAN'T WAIT FOR CHRISTMAS !!!

Also for my daughter 5 plush smurfs, I think they're called Kinder Maxi smurfs ?? the 5 are Normal, Papa, Sasette, Pink Baby and Nat.

Now roll on January so i can get some from Kitty's Cavern. :) :)

Raelene

Postby Guest » Wed Dec 22, 2004 6:42 pm
They sound like nice buys Raelene. I am still trying to get the new Farmhouse, I've sent Dyar on a mission in Australia actually. I can't believe I sold my last one and forgot to keep one for myself! :(
Postby DrunkSmurf » Wed Dec 22, 2004 9:13 pm
I'm glad to read that I'm not the only one who overspent.

In October, my Mum took a trip to New Orleans and brought my wife and I a couple of smurfs as a gift (computer supersmurf for me, smurfette w/ baby for the wife)(I collected smurfs in the 80s). Within a few weeks, I was bored and began surfing the web to catch up on smurf events. OK. I spotted a couple of smurfs I liked. Didn't quite have the interest to invest the postage for them. Kept looking at them though.

Then, my wife announced her intention to receive a rather pricy ring for Christmas. OK. Well, if she can "receive" that, I can receive a couple of smurfs.

Then, I learned that garg's castle was going out. OK. Kind of pricey. But, you know what they say, it's going out. I don't know. Probably a marketting gimmick.

Then, like, I heard something pop, or something.

Now I have the windmill, Garg's castle, the farmhouse (last two are under tree), and every smurf I could scour from the "still US$3 apiece" golden 50 (plus the marching band).

Say what you will. I still spent less than she did on that :x ring. :beer:

Postby Syd Smurf » Thu Dec 23, 2004 2:07 am
LOL...damn right Tim. Gee you must be itching for Chrissy to open those new items and add them to your village...what a difference they will make and you will have to show us some pics....I purchased my Farm, Windmill & Garg Castle all at the one time and it was one of the best days of my life....well better than the time I got my finger stuck in that coke bottle anyway :(

Hi Raelene

Nice to hear the drought was over....I am glad it was only smurfs and not just the home coming of hubby.... :o OUCH...Karen just poked me with that stick again...sorry Raelene....and what great smurfs they are too. That Western set is one of my favourites. I would like to have a couple of them and build an old cowboy town scene with snails and wagons and cowboys and Indians. I am thinking of making some teepees for the indians as I don't think Schleich are going to make smurfy ones for me.

Cheers

Dyar

PS - Karen I have returned from the mission and have PM'd you...now please stop poking me :o ...I said stop it :x

Postby SA Smurfette » Thu Dec 23, 2004 6:50 am
[quote="Syd Smurf"]

Hi Raelene

Nice to hear the drought was over....I am glad it was only smurfs and not just the home coming of hubby....

Very funny Dyar. :D

He goes back Monday, there's never any chance of that sort of drought :-D

Raelene

Postby SA Smurfette » Thu Dec 23, 2004 6:55 am
good on you Drunksmurf :D

I'm sure if your wife wants a ring it's only fair you can purchase some smurfs :)

My husband spent about $100 on stuff on Ebay, then said i could have $100 to get what i wanted so i chose the Farmhouse, it was the first thing that came to mind :D

Raelene

Postby Bunno Smurf » Thu Dec 23, 2004 7:07 am
Well, my drought's about to begin as all my money has dried up :( Until I sell some more smurfs that is!!!

I sold 2 today and have received payment for one.....the great thing is it was paid through paypal in US$....so hubby may not even notice its there and I can spend it without him knowing muhahahahahahaha

Linda
:star: LINDA :star:
Page 1 of 1

Login