Home of the Smurf Community

Find all the news and rumours about the Smurf movie here
Page 4 of 7

Postby Cool Smurf » Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:52 pm
I think seeing a movie with 3D glasses could be pretty neat. I only saw two films with those kind of glasses, and they were both fun experiences! 8)
Robin, you dog, you- Vanity "The Adventures of Robin Smurf"

Postby bwalters » Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:38 pm
I can't see in 3D so I will be lucky to see anything.
Mr Bill

Postby bradley » Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:50 am
those 3d glasses are annoying. Hurt your guys if you have them on for too long. Don't think I've ever seen a 3D film though. The last time I put on 3d glasses was for an episode of the tv show Medium that was in 3D. It is pretty cool... but I don't want to sit through a smurfs film like that.

Postby eggie smurf » Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:15 am
Also not sure if this is just a funny gag to a rumour but could Zachary Levi have been cast as Gargamel? Checkout this video on youtube and take notice of the little blue smurfs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsbVfWnsrb8
Oh I love "Chuck"!! I think he could make an excellent Gargamel actually, especially with that facial hair :D
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby bradley » Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:47 am
I find it strange that the smurf movie hasn't even began the live action filming yet from the sounds of this article. What is going on. Smurf news today, which also confirms the film will be normal movie and it is also in the special 3D (with 3D glasses) screening.
http://worstpreviews.com/headline.php?id=14171&count=0

"Scooby-Doo" Director to Helm "The Smurfs"

Raja Gosnell has signed on to direct the live action/animated "Smurfs" movie for Columbia Pictures and Sony Animation. Editor-turned-director, Gosnel is best known for helming "Scooby-Doo" and "Scooby-Doo 2: Monsters Unleashed," as well as last year's "Beverly Hills Chihuahua."

Producer Jordan Kerner has been developing the project for the past seven years. He said: "With Raja coming aboard, we now have a brilliant director who has proven time and again that he has a deft touch in blending the worlds of physical comedy and honest emotion with both live action and photo-real animated characters. Our three-apple-high heroes are in good hands, and we feel absolutely positively Smurfy to be working with him."

The logline is being kept under wraps, but the story is expected to feature well-loved characters such as Papa Smurf, Smurfette and the villainous Gargamel. J. David Stem, David N. Weiss (Shrek 2, Shrek the Third) and Audrey Wells (George of the Jungle) wrote the script.

The film will be released in 3D and 2D formats on December 17th, 2010.

Postby Cool Smurf » Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:25 pm
How do you make both a 3D version and a 2D version?

Is the Smurfs' movie going to have Shrek-type humor?

I'm just curious after reading that article.
Robin, you dog, you- Vanity "The Adventures of Robin Smurf"

Postby Azrael » Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:13 am
http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=25274

Basically it will be a 'Roger Rabbit' type affair, but the characters will be CGI. 3D means that you will wear glasses and the characters will come out the screen. but not in the old fashioned way. New technology developed by James Cameron will mean that this will be awesome. Just wait this xmas for AVATAR which is going to be awesome!

YEAH!!! :D
www.britishcollectorsclub.com The Smurf Collectors Club

Postby bradley » Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:44 am
just a question... if the smurfs movie is a great film.. how many times will everyone go to the cinema to see it? hehe

Postby Smurfysmurf » Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:35 am
Quite frankly...I am not even sure I am going to see it at all.

Call me old-fashioned but I am not crazy about the idea of a live action movie with real actors, or the CGI stuff.

The smurfs will always be an old-fashioned cartoon for me.

I may change my mind when we get to see more pictures..and I will buy it once it's out on DVD, but right now I just can't get excited about it :-?
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby bwalters » Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:45 am
I am with you Moey. It is an old fasion cartoon for me also. I can not see in 3D either. I hate to go to movies. I prefer the comfort of my home. Last move that I went to was the grench about 5 years ago, and I wouldn't have gone to that if my company hadn't paid for it. Before that I think it was Grease when it first came out. (the old one John Travolta).
Mr Bill

Postby steveparkes » Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:48 am
I agree with you Maureen, I really think that this might be one for me to miss..I really don't like live action and CGI films, or famous people doing the voices just because it will pull in the fans. The old cartoons will ALWAYS be the benchmark for me.
Long, long ago, deep in the forest, there was a hidden village where tiny creatures lived. They called themselves the Smurfs. They were good.

http://www.nationalfriends.co.uk

Postby eggie smurf » Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:32 am
how many times will everyone go to the cinema to see it? hehe
Oh I'm gonna go, probably just once to see the movie, but I want to see how many free movie goodies I can snag while there, like the cardboard displays and the posters when it's time for the theaters to get rid of them :smile:
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby steveparkes » Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:06 pm
You know, I never even thought of that Staci...ok, maybe just the once then :)
Long, long ago, deep in the forest, there was a hidden village where tiny creatures lived. They called themselves the Smurfs. They were good.

Postby Gerda » Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:14 pm
Oh I'm gonna go, probably just once to see the movie, but I want to see how many free movie goodies I can snag while there, like the cardboard displays and the posters when it's time for the theaters to get rid of them :smile:
I'm with staci on this one. (wow we think alike)
I plan on going too and as I went to see transformers a couple weeks ago the thought crossed my mind of "I wonder if they will have smurf cups at the concesions when the movie comes out"
happily smurfing along

Postby Smurfysmurf » Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:07 pm

:) :) :) :) :) :)

I didn't think of that either....you may have to get everything double or in threes, Stace :) :) :)

I was more looking forward to the promotional stuff that will come up when hopefully one of the Fast Food Chains picks up on the movie and releases their stuff :-D
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby stampysmurf » Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:03 pm
I'm hoping that there will be lots of Movie related stuff in the stores and the fast food toys too. :)

Postby bwalters » Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:16 am
Now I may have to go also to see what goodies they have at the theater. And I hope the food chain is either Burger king, Mcdonnalds, or Taco bell. all of them are less than 100 yards from my house. Dairy Queen, Sonic, Subway and Captan D's are a couple of blocks away also. Hardies and Arbies are a little further. Back when Hardies put out the glasses I was in the back yard of Hardies. My step daughter and I went pretty much every day to get a coke and a glass I had 72 glasses at one time. I still have 28 or two sets of each year.
Mr Bill

Postby swarlock » Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:20 am
The Ghostbusters one which is its 3rd incarnation will NOT have the originals in it.

So I don't expect much from that one or The remake of The Karate Kid. :banghead:

The Smurf logo could be better though.
Friendship is everything.

Postby Gerda » Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:16 am
The Ghostbusters one which is its 3rd incarnation will NOT have the originals in it.

there is going to be another ghostbusters movie? No wonder they have a new xbox game and toys out, I thought it was just a 80's revival going on with that too :-?
happily smurfing along

Postby steveparkes » Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:02 am
Actually Gerda, the xbox game isn't out yet (at least not in the UK)..Sony bought the rights to it and it only came out on Playstation 3 :( :( :(

Page 4 of 7

Login