Home of the Smurf Community

Local smurfy events and news. Announce news here that is local to your country / area.
Page 1 of 2
Postby steveparkes » Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:20 pm
Hi All, well it had to happen sooner or later, but Harrods & Hamleys in London have begun selling smurfs again :cheers: off there tomorrow to look for some variations :)
Long, long ago, deep in the forest, there was a hidden village where tiny creatures lived. They called themselves the Smurfs. They were good.

http://www.nationalfriends.co.uk

Postby SmurfingH » Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:09 pm
Check their prices too. If they're not too bad and you like what you see, I may consider a trip to the capital. After all, I have a birthday coming up! :-D

Hey, maybe us SE England people should arrange to meet up in London one day! What do you think?

Postby Smurfysmurf » Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:20 pm
Great news, Steve :D I hope you find lots of variations

I was debating the other day whether or not I should check our local Targets for smurfs...but I may give them a bit more time to get them in :) :) :)
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/
===============================

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Syd Smurf » Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:36 pm
That's great news for the English collectors.....let's hope it grows and grows from here on in.

Good luck in finding some variations :D

Dyar

Postby smurfieduck » Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:38 pm
:woohoo: That's terrific news, Steve! I can buy smurfs locally!!

@ Hilary, yes, all of us London, and surrounding area, smurfers should meet up. Good idea!! :D

:-D
smurfieduck :-)

Carry on Smurfin' - and have a Smurfin' good day!!!!

Postby Rachel » Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:21 am
That is excellent news Steve, Thanks. :cheers:

It has been a very long time since I have been to either shop but Hamley's used to be my favourite place in the world when I was a kid. :cloud9:

I can see it now,

"Yes, I am just popping down to Harrods to pick up some Boley, some caviar, oh yes, and some smurfs." :cheerz: :lol:

Good luck with the hunt for variations Steve. :-D
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby Azrael » Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:53 am
I'd be up for meeting! There seems to be quite a few of us round the SE London area!
www.britishcollectorsclub.com The Smurf Collectors Club

Postby steveparkes » Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:27 am
Sorry guys I went to Hamleys and although Schleich told me that Hamleys sold smurfs, they only had a big display of the animals..however HARRODS did sell the golden 50..so I'll be in there every lunchtime checking for variants :)
Long, long ago, deep in the forest, there was a hidden village where tiny creatures lived. They called themselves the Smurfs. They were good.

Postby SmurfingH » Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:37 am
What's the golden 50? :-?

Postby Tojo » Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:38 am
Good luck on finding some new variations Steve :D I haven't found any yet but the year is still young :)
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby smurfieduck » Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:42 am
What's the golden 50? :-?
I would guess that it's the new 2008 smurfies, Hilary. :D

Postby SmurfingH » Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:32 am
:oopz: :sillyme:

Postby Tojo » Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:01 pm
Schleich always has 50 normal smurfs in their current production; hence the 'golden 50'. At one time they used to have far more smurfs in current production (I believe 100) but I can cope with 50 :)
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby Rachel » Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:22 pm
Yep, it used to be the golden 100 (current production) until about 2000 then it was cut to 50. The reason given was that some of the molds were deteriorating. :D

Shame about Hamley's Steve, but you never know, with such a big smrfy year, Hamley's may take the hint. :fingersx:
however HARRODS did sell the golden 50.. so I'll be in there every lunchtime checking for variants
:-D

Postby steveparkes » Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:37 pm
They will when I bombard them with phone calls and emails saying it's terrible that such a big toy store doesn't sell a single smurf Rachel :)

Postby Rachel » Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:52 pm
Good thinking Steve. :idea:

Postby Smurf1303 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:27 pm
Cool, wow I want to go to London NOW, oh well I'm going up there in about a month so will go smurf hunting then...

Postby SmurfingH » Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:19 pm
Schleich always has 50 normal smurfs in their current production; hence the 'golden 50'. At one time they used to have far more smurfs in current production (I believe 100) but I can cope with 50 :)
Thanks Tojo and everyone! :D

Postby smurfieduck » Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:36 pm
I wrote:
I would guess that it's the new 2008 smurfies, Hilary :D
Doh!!!! I guess I got it wrong!! Sorry about that, Hilary! :)

Postby Michelle » Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:26 am
How great to hear the stores will sell smurfs in your town...
I hope you'll find now and then some cuties!!! :D

Michelle
SUNDAY the 12th of October 2014!! Save the date!!! The 7th edition of Blue Paradise!!!!

Blue Paradise
Page 1 of 2

Login