Home of the Smurf Community

Local smurfy events and news. Announce news here that is local to your country / area.
Page 1 of 2
Postby Azrael » Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:43 pm
ERM....

AM I the only one who seems to have found this......

About the Smurfs

On October 23, 2008, we will smurf out 50 candles and we want to celebrate this with you. From January to October 2008 we will be smurfing countless European cities, wishing ourselves a ‘Happy Smurfday!’ While everyone’s asleep, we will hide thousands of little white Smurfs, just our size, around the city. Look out for them, because if you find a Smurf you can smurf it home. Paint it, colour it, dress it, whatever you like --into what you feel a Smurf should be, and enter the big Creativity Contest. Smurf out how that works here.

If we’re in your city, be sure to visit our Birthday Expo, where there are over 50 Smurf games to play. A big Smurf, designed by a celebrity, will be unveiled in every city we visit. These 'Celebrity Smurfs' will be auctioned off and the proceeds donated to UNICEF.

It will be our little secret which cities we are smurfing. But you can follow us on this map of Europe. And every time we have smurfed somewhere, it will appear there.
www.britishcollectorsclub.com The Smurf Collectors Club

Postby Rachel » Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:33 pm
Hi Az, Tojo mentioned the updated smurf website and there has been a small discussion going on about it in smurfy chat but I think it has been such an exciting day generally with all the different media coverage that there is just too much info to take in all at once. :lol: :D

I think it is all fabulous news and have to admit, I am now very excited. I love the smurfday site and have already downloaded the background and screensaver. The various plans for touring Europe and finding hidden smurfs sound like IMPS are really going to go for it.

I wonder if there is a city in the UK that will have a visit?? :hyper:

Here is the link:

http://www.happysmurfday.com/
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby paolo » Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:56 pm
Reading from that website it seems they won't announce the list of the cities, so it will be difficult to plan a trip unless the city is nearby.

Postby Pitufo » Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:49 pm
Reading from that website it seems they won't announce the list of the cities, so it will be difficult to plan a trip unless the city is nearby.
I agree, Paolo!!!!!I am afraid that if they choose a spanish city, this will be Barcelona (or even Madrid), but never Sevilla :( :( :( :( :( :(
JOAQUÍN

Postby Azrael » Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:00 am
On the CBS site is says they will not announce the city UNTIL they are there!!! :banghead:

This all seems a bit much... with Smurf media coverage you always get some idiots asking stupid prices for regular smurfs... or sticking 'RARE' in front of every ebay auction!

I can't wait for all the smurf action this year, :-D I just am a little worried about hype getting so big that we, as collectors, can't get our hands on, say, the 'thousands' of smurfs hidden in each city without paying stupid money for them.

Anyone agree.... Please feel free to consolidate me! :(

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:03 am
To me, it is crazy that they are not announcing what cities they will visit till they get there :eek:

Unless.............

They want to keep the serious collector out of the way and they want to reach a bigger audience :-?

I am confused :???:

:-D :beer:

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:07 am
I second that, Graham. :(
Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:13 am

On October 23, 2008, we will smurf out 50 candles and we want to celebrate this with you. From January to October 2008 we will be smurfing countless European cities, wishing ourselves a ‘Happy Smurfday!’ While everyone’s asleep, we will hide thousands of little white Smurfs, just our size, around the city. Look out for them, because if you find a Smurf you can smurf it home. Paint it, colour it, dress it, whatever you like --into what you feel a Smurf should be, and enter the big Creativity Contest. Smurf out how that works here.
Wow that looks like a challenge. :D I would paint my cutie blue and place a golden heart reading "50" to it. :) If I shall find another one, I'll keep that one raw. :)

Postby Azrael » Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:52 am
To think of the money we've paid for these things over the last years tho, I think they still need to consider who got the smurfs famous in the first place and who still holds them dear to their hearts after all these years!

To keep the 'serious' collectors at bay is not only offensive, it's also a slap round the chops. :angry:

I think they should do something for us... maybe give us all a 'raw' smurf.... :D

God, just re-read that... its not a moan, honest, I'm just worried that, while catering for a bigger market they are neglecting the people that have loved the smurfs for years.... and ate only cornflakes for a month to purchase a jokey in the box!!
:-D
Postby Yonna » Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:37 am
...just our size...
What does this mean?! Sized of what exactly? Plastoy? PCV? WHAT!?!?! :!:
Go ahead! Smurf my day!

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:40 am
Hi Yonna,

all I know is that they are three apples high and white raw. :D

Postby Yonna » Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:50 am
Go ahead! Smurf my day!

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:56 am
Thanks Yonna,

I am afraid I have seen that pic various times. I can only add that these smurfs are going to be hidden in twenty cities in fifteen countries for an upcoming competition. For more information go to the Happy Smurfday site.

Postby Azrael » Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:27 am
I hope to dear god that we will be able to get hold of them if we can't go to the cities they hide them in... that pic looks awesome!!

Postby Rachel » Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:47 pm
I can't wait for all the smurf action this year, I just am a little worried about hype getting so big that we, as collectors, can't get our hands on, say, the 'thousands' of smurfs hidden in each city without paying stupid money for them.
Hi Az, I couldn't agree more. This has crossed my mind too. :eek:

I know Schleich certainly and to a degree, IMPS have never really had much concern for the "serious smurf collectors", their main concerns are always going to be money and as most of our dealings are in second hand goods which don't involve them, then there is no reason to keep us lot happy.

However, I do hope we as collectors are not completely left out of the celebrations because afterall, as you mention, it is our love of the smurfs that has certainly kept them alive on the internet over the last ten years. When you think how many smurf websites there are now, even compared to just 10 years ago and most of them are run by smurf collectors and enthusiasts on a completely non-profit basis and this can only give free advertising for them.

So when you consider how much money we have all spent, how many miles many collectors have travelled and how much time many have dedicated to the little blue guys, then yes, like you I will be more than a little upset if we are left out of the fun and ignored.

I will look forward to see what happens next and hope that we are all about to experience a fabulous smurfy year. :fingersx:

Postby swarlock » Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:34 pm
On the CBS site is says they will not announce the city UNTIL they are there!!! :banghead:

This all seems a bit much... with Smurf media coverage you always get some idiots asking stupid prices for regular smurfs... or sticking 'RARE' in front of every ebay auction!

Anyone agree.... Please feel free to consolidate me! :(

Absolutely. But you can't really stop The Scalpers.
Just beware of anyone who buys up thousands of Smurfs and tries to resell them elsewhere.

And that opening flash cartoon is just too cute. :)
Friendship is everything.

Postby steveparkes » Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:49 pm
I really really really hope that they don't ignore us UK collectors like they always seem to do, I really would like to search for one of those smurfies :D
Long, long ago, deep in the forest, there was a hidden village where tiny creatures lived. They called themselves the Smurfs. They were good.

http://www.nationalfriends.co.uk

Postby cal78 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:12 pm
Also i Hope they Dont't Forget America. Could Some One Get A Hold Of one Of the White Smurfs For Me when they Come Out, Two Would Be Great, One To Decorate and One To Keep as Plain, But Ill Settle for One.
Thanks
Cal78

Postby Smurfysmurf » Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:04 am
Thanks for the link, Rachel.... :-D

It will be great seeing the updates of the Europe tour on it....and I hope we see some funny pictures of collectors scrolling thru parks, bushes..and more hunting for smurfs :) :) :)

Did anybody download the screensaver? I did but mine doesn't work...does it work for everybody else?
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/
===============================

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Rachel » Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:10 am
Did anybody download the screensaver? I did but mine doesn't work...does it work for everybody else?
Hi Moey :wave2:

Yep, I did download it and although it did work for a while, I have had to switch it off for now as I was running some hefty music software on the computer and the screen saver was grinding it all to a stop.

Very cool screen saver though. :-D
Page 1 of 2

Login