Home of the Smurf Community

Local smurfy events and news. Announce news here that is local to your country / area.
Page 5 of 7

Postby Tojo » Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:23 am
The official coins which I ordered for Maureen, Gerda & myself arrived today & I really like them. Each coin is boxed & is in a capsule to keep it protected. There is also a small leaflet explaining the coin Flemish, French, German & English with the following info:-

Denomination: 5 EURO
Weight: 14.60 g
Alloy: Ag 925 Cu 75 (Ag is silver & Cu is copper by the way)
Diameter: 30 mm

Obverse
The logo of the 50th anniversary of the comics series "The Smurfs".

Reverse
The map of the European Union, the 12 stars & the nominal value 5 EURO.

Certificate
The Minister of Finance certifies that the 5 euro-coin, dated 2008, in proof quality, issued in celebration of the 50th anniversary of the comics series "The Smurfs", is strictly limited to 25.000 pieces.

I'll try to add some photos later when the forum allows it again (it comes up with an error message at the moment :banghead: )
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby KiwiSchlumpf » Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:08 pm
Hi Tojo

Is there a site we can order these coins from? If so please advise... I have the 2002 one and would be keen to add this to my collection.

I have a stamps and coin page on my website now and am going to make a new site for my non-smurfs stamps and coins linking in to it.

Daryl

Postby Smurfysmurf » Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:35 pm
Thanks, Tojo :hug:
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby paolo » Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:15 am
There is a version painted and a version that is not.
The belgian post office also released something that I believe is more a medal than a coin, but I have seen them only in picture and with Dutch text, so I don't know exactly what they are.

Postby Lia » Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:26 am
No, it`s not a medal, it`s a coin.
It`s a lovely item from the Belgion post and it has a coin and a stamp.
a limited edition from 2000

I tried to post the picture, but didn`t manage

Lia

Postby Smurfysmurf » Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:39 am
Here you go, Lia..it's a lovely item :smitten:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D

Hidden in the Woods

Postby Lia » Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:46 am
Thanks Maureen!
posting a pic to you goes even faster then posting it on blueimps :)

Lia

Postby Gerda » Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:50 am
The official coins which I ordered for Maureen, Gerda

: )
Thaks Tojo :cheers: :cheers:

you ever notice that coin or stamp collectors are taken more seriouse in the collection world than smurf collectors :x By getting stamps and coins does that mean i'm growing up :-?
happily smurfing along

Postby KiwiSchlumpf » Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:09 am
Hi Folks ... just found a place on the net for these coins. Although the shop image doesn't have them displayed on the card like in Maureen's photo.

There is a regular silver coin and a painted one... 48Euro for the two. Here is the link and simply search for 'smurf' :)

http://www.starshop-coins.de

I've just paid for the silver coin, so now I cross my fingers and weight....
Daryl

Postby Smurfysmurf » Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:23 am
Daryl,
I think that's the website, Tojo got ours from :D

Hidden in the Woods

Postby SmurfingH » Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:23 am
I'd like these coins but I have to save my pennies. :-D

Postby attombomb7 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:23 pm
hi!

I love these coins,, also saw the Smurfette one on EBAY, but $32 euros

is this normal for these>? as I have no clue , but it seemed pricey.
Image Attom

--

CHECK out my new website
Hogatha's Fake and licenced Smurfs collection

http://mennoblue.net/
(my fake smurf collection ):)

Postby Tojo » Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:54 am
Daryl,
Yes that's right. I found a few other webshops which sold the coins but this was the cheapest. The shipment was very fast too.

Now that the forum is working again I'll post the photos I took (it won't be until this evening though).
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby KiwiSchlumpf » Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:07 am
Daryl,
Yes that's right. I found a few other webshops which sold the coins but this was the cheapest. The shipment was very fast too.

Now that the forum is working again I'll post the photos I took (it won't be until this evening though).
Excellent, thanks guys.. I'm looking forward to the irony that the money I would have spent on smurfs is in fact now being spent on money made for smurfs... Oh the twisted web of life we lead... how would I have explained that to someone twenty years ago :-?

One day people will get on the web and purchase money from money or smurfs for smurfs... hang on we do already :roll:

Postby Lia » Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:04 am
:haha:

Lia

Postby Smurfysmurf » Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:48 am
Here are the pictures of Tojo's coins :D

Closed boxes

The coins in the boxes

Hidden in the Woods

Postby eggie smurf » Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:51 am
Those are quite nice, Tojo :cheers:
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby SmurfingH » Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:42 pm
Those are very nice! :-D :-D

Postby KiwiSchlumpf » Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:41 pm
Hhmmmhmmmm.. Those are very very nice.. (next) :-D :-D :-D

They are so shiny.. they must be good!

Smurf Bling!

Postby bwalters » Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:52 pm
:woohoo: :woohoo: I didn't take lunch today so I took off at 3:30 this afternoon. I went by toy r us and looked for quite awhile before I asked the girl led me right to them. They had all four of the plush smurfs. I really don't collect the plush smurfs but I had to have them. So now I do. I won't post a pic's of them because they are already in this post. At first I only got papa and the 50th anniversary one. But I decided to go back and get the other two and a lady was looking in the same isle when I got my two she shreek Smurfs.I told her that if she was going to get one she should get the papa. And the 50th anniversary one she grabed them both. The only drawback to having them is Max has stood at the door to my Smurf room for two hours whinning to get in there. I guess he thinks they are for him. He has never done that for anything I have brought into the house before. Bill
Page 5 of 7

Login