Home of the Smurf Community

Local smurfy events and news. Announce news here that is local to your country / area.
Page 3 of 12

Postby Smurfysmurf » Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:48 am
Smurfs are tasty :mrgreen:

Cheers :cheers:
Gargamoey
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby baboune » Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:44 am
Hi!

I got my two 1rst Mcdonalds smurfs this morning ......Papasmurf & Smurfette.. :-D

Interesting to notice is that their name is written on the figure.....

for papasmurf "Grand schtroumpf" is written under his left foot

for smurfette "Schtroumpfette" is written behind her head.

Here in Quebec, Canada, it's written in french, but I'm curious to see if their name is written in different languages from different countries..... Let us know about that... For all of us smurfs nuts, that will make a whole bunch of figures to collect if we want to get all languages! :banghead:

As for the figures, they're real nice, made o harder plastic than regular Schleich figures and they are a bit larger than the regular figures...

Have a smurfy day!

Daniel :cheers:

Postby Smurfysmurf » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:18 am
Had a non smurfer friend call me because her daughter had to have a Happy Meal for breakfast because she wanted the smurf :). She had the choice of Papa Smurf or Smurfette...wonder if they are releasing two each week :-?

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D

Hidden in the Woods

Postby Tojo » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:18 am
I had a happy meal for lunch today so I got my first box & toy. The girl behind the counter said they don't sell the toys anymore but I don't believe her as she could hardly speak any German at all :) :o I'm going to go again this evening & ask one of the other workers who look like they know what they're doing.

I also got one of the plastic covered leaflet thingies they have on the counter so the kids can chose which toy they want. I'll post a pic later when I've scanned it in. The toys here are plush smurfs & there 8 in all, 6 are arond 3 inches high & have cords on their heads so that you can hang them on something:- Brainy, Clumsy, Smurfette, Beauty, Torti & Papa.

There are also a Smurfette & Papa which are larger & have velcro on the hands so that they stick together.
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby baboune » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:29 am
Hi Tojo,

Can you tell us in what language the name is written on the figure?

Postby Tojo » Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:08 am
Hi Baboune,

there isn't anything written on the smurf as he is plush (cuddly) figure. He has a label which has the McDonalds 'M' on one side &
C Peyo 2011
Made for McDonald's 2011
Made in China

on the other side.

Here you can see them:-

http://www.mcdonalds.de/produkte/happy_ ... html#/toys

:cheers:
Tojo

Postby Tojo » Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:32 pm
Update: Ive just come back from the McD's at the main rail station here in Frankfurt where I asked the manager if you can just buy the toys. His answer was that the toys cost the same as the meals so they don't sell them extra.

I almost ordered 8 happy meals without McNuggets, without fries, without cola, without sauce but in boxes each with a toy :) :) :)

Instead I bought 2 meals & now feel sick.... :lol: :lol: This time I got the large Papa with the velcro hands & Torti.

Only 5 more toys to go.....

Postby Cassiebsg » Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:59 pm
Well, not that I enjoy McD's meals, so probably wouldn't buy any anyhow but... I just checked the danish webiste and they don´t have the Smurfs toys. :( :banghead:
Guess Denmark isn't following the rest of the word... but don't think the movie has premiered over her yet anyway, so maybe that's why the toys aren't out. :-?
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Postby baboune » Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:23 pm
Hi gang!

I leave you some pictures of the first 2 Smurfs figures that I got today in a McDonald's here in Quebec Canada....
Attachments
2011.07.29.mcdonalds.papasm.jpg
"Grand schtroumpf" (in french) is written under the left foot of Papasmurf
2011.07.29.mcdonalds.papasm.jpg (41.34 KiB) Viewed 37434 times
2011.07.29.mcdonalds.smurfe.jpg
"Schtroumpfette" (in french) is written on the back of the head of smurfette
2011.07.29.mcdonalds.smurfe.jpg (52.74 KiB) Viewed 37434 times
2011.07.29.mcdonalds.smurfs.jpg
The first 2 figures available here in Quebec, Canada.... I pictured also a regular Schleich smurf so you can see the difference in size
2011.07.29.mcdonalds.smurfs.jpg (57.35 KiB) Viewed 37434 times

Postby Syd Smurf » Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:31 pm
I asked the manager if you can just buy the toys. His answer was that the toys cost the same as the meals so they don't sell them extra
How annoying Tojo :x

Stace & me went today and got the Papa & Smurfette and were able to buy a couple more seperately for $1.69. I actually asked the man next to me if I could keep his Smurf Happy Meal Box and he said that I could since he was just going to throw it out. I didn't realise at first but he had another Papa Smurf in the box so we got an extra one as a bonus.

McDyars

Postby Tracker Smurf » Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:08 pm
Got 11 of them I am missing #12-16 which is Hefty, Panicky, Chef, Grouchy, and vanity... this was all in my first stop...we went to 3 other mcdonalds and all they had were #1 and #2 (smurfette and Papa I think) so I guess I was wrong about getting all of them at once. :(

Postby Syd Smurf » Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:14 pm
Got 11 of them I am missing #12-16 which is Hefty, Panicky, Chef, Grouchy, and vanity...
Did you have to ask them specifically for the other Smurfs or were they giving out all of them at the one time with the Happy Meals?

Dyar

Postby Tracker Smurf » Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:18 pm
we asked them if what they had and they brought them all up front...they looked at numbers rather than characters.

Postby cal78 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:29 pm
Got mine today for dinner, got Papa and Smurfette, as i was walking away, the Girl behind the Counter asked me which ones i was going to get, you should have seen the look on her face when i said one of each and about Ten Vanity's. Hey baboune When The Vanity smurfs Come on sale in Canada if he has His Name in Frence, could you pick one up for me and ill pay you for it?

Postby Smurfysmurf » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:32 pm
I started slowly..only got Papa but will go back and get more..I like the Happy Meal box but was disappointed that the large cups did not have anything smurf on it. I was a bit taken aback when they asked if I wanted it for a boy or girl...and the Maccaperson was suprised when my mother (who was with me) said, I don't care, I just want the smurf :)

Hidden in the Woods

Postby Syd Smurf » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:12 pm
Hey Moey, did you get a Smurf for your Granny.....Nag Smurf comes to mind.

I went back just now and got Baker, Farmer & Gutsy. I think they accidentally put Baker in the bag as I didn't ask for it and they didn't charge me for it either. That's 2 free Smurfs for the day and 5 different ones so far.

Dyar

Postby Smurfysmurf » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:24 pm
Hey Moey, did you get a Smurf for your Granny.....Nag Smurf comes to mind.

Dyar
:sofunny:

Hidden in the Woods

Postby baboune » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:42 pm
Hi everyone,

What about the name writing on the figures? Do you have any? If so is it english? chinese? russian? :) ...... I'm curious to know

Daniel :D

Postby Tojo » Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:53 am
Here's the card I took from the McDonalds at Hauptbahnhof which shows the toys quite well:-
Attachments
2011 McDonalds card small.jpg
2011 McDonalds card small.jpg (93.94 KiB) Viewed 37379 times

Postby Lia » Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:59 am
I`m not sure if I understood this correctly, but does McDonalds in the USA give 16 pvc smurfs with the happy meals and Mc Donalds in Germany/ Europe puts plush smurfs in the happy meals???? :-?

Lia
Page 3 of 12

Login