Home of the Smurf Community

Local smurfy events and news. Announce news here that is local to your country / area.
Page 3 of 4

Postby bwalters » Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:01 am
Wow I am so excited. That was a great story and lots of vidio of the Smurfs and the Smurf balloon. Bill

Postby Gerda » Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:05 am
it is official folks... the movie was announced today when they talked about the smurfs. holiday's of 2010.. ok two years to go but i'm sure it will be filled with lots of wonderfull goodies..
the float was great (well for a smurfer) it looked like the same costumes that where used for the unicef towns and the float was justa platform where there was an inflatable house in the middle and papa, smurfete and smurf in costume around it. they talked about it once it got to the center of the parade route in front of macy's.

gerda
happily smurfing along

Postby Gerda » Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:09 am
forgot to say that before you could see the smurfs entering the little green square infront of macy's you could hear the smurfs theme loud and clear
happily smurfing along

Postby eggie smurf » Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:21 am
Yep, I knew they would focus more on the smurf when he got to Herald Square! I recorded the segment and from what I've seen, they talked the longest about the smurfs. Meredith Vieira and Matt Lauer even talked in "smurf" which cracked me up. Every other balloon (and even music act) seemed to get a few seconds only. I will upload the video onto youtube after dinner so anyone who missed it and our foreign members can watch it as well. :cheers:
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby Gerda » Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:03 am
Thank you Staci, I have it on my moxi and have no clue how to take it off of that and put it onto youtube. gone are the days of saving something unless you are techno smart and can by pass all the security. :banghead:

gerda
happily smurfing along

Postby eggie smurf » Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:21 am
Well, like you Gerda, I am not techno savvy :( I creatively got the clip on youtube but the quality is horrible. (I couldn't wait until after dinner to put the clip on so am doing it before dinner lol). I recorded it on my DVR, put the DVD into my laptop to save on the computer - I could NOT figure out how to get it saved as a file. If anyone knows, please help. So I put the DVD back into the player and took my camera and filmed it off the TV, hence the bad quality. But you can see it and you know what's going on. If I can find out how to add the DVD file to my laptop so I can upload that to youtube, I will replace it with the better quality clip :relieved:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2N7RGqZs2-4

Postby SmurfingH » Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:30 am
That's really cool Stace! :-D Thanks for going to all that trouble. :hug: I couldn't hear anything but the tape was brilliant! :) :) I'd love to get a copy of this.

Postby Lia » Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:38 pm
Really well done Staci!!! I could hear and see all! Thanks for showing!

Lia

Postby SMURFSTEROCKS » Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:40 pm
Thanks for posting that video Eggie. That was awesome.

I made it to the Macy*s Thanksgiving Parade. It was abso-smurfly great to be there and I took 417 pics. 21 of them were of the Smurf Balloon / Smurf Float. Though I didn't get great pics of the Smurf float but here are just a few of the Smurf Balloon.

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
(Website is only viewable on Internet Explorer)

Postby SmurfingH » Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:13 pm
Love those pics! :-D

Postby Gerda » Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:27 pm
wonderfull pictures and thank you so much for sharing :cheers: !! did you by chance get pics of the people holding the balloon? I see they where wearing white and blue but I could not make out exactly how they looked..
happily smurfing along

Postby eggie smurf » Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:14 pm
From what I could tell, Gerda, they had blue pants on and white tops (kind opposite the smurfs but still the correct colors!). I have a short clip of the first glimpse of the smurf balloon during the first commercial break that I can email you. If you slow it down you can look at the people :D

Great pics too....looks like you were up close or else have a good zoom lense!

Postby FlamingO » Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:29 pm
Thanks for the video Staci :-D :cheerz: the picture and sound quality was good enuff 4 me :D Loved the smurf waving or was it the wind :? :)

Fabulous that you made it to the parade Smurfsterocks :-D Lovely photos :cheers: I'm off to make a helium smurf ballon to fly over my house :cool: Happy thanksgiving all :D

Postby bwalters » Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:40 pm
I hope the third time's a charm. That was the balloon handlers moving the arm. Bill

Postby Tojo » Fri Nov 28, 2008 4:14 am
Wow that was one hell of a smurf :shock:

That must have been great to see live :cheers:
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Fri Nov 28, 2008 4:58 am
Wow!!! Thanks for sharing, Staci. The video looks fab. :D

Postby steveparkes » Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:53 am
Wow, thanks for showing us the video and photo, I want one :)
Long, long ago, deep in the forest, there was a hidden village where tiny creatures lived. They called themselves the Smurfs. They were good.

http://www.nationalfriends.co.uk

Postby naish510 » Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:31 pm
It's also in the newspaper here in Belgium !!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D

Postby eggie smurf » Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:03 am
I was able to upload the entire clip of the better quality video if anyone wants to watch the better one :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAlyRlMVefI

Postby bradley » Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:35 am
wow! great video Staci! thanks for sharing. The smurf float was the first balloon in the parade! that is cool! Great to hear confirmation on the smurfs movie 2010.

Brad.
Page 3 of 4

Login