Home of the Smurf Community

Local smurfy events and news. Announce news here that is local to your country / area.
Page 3 of 4

Postby Rachel » Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:02 pm
Thanks guys. :-D

Well, I did the interview, it was only on for a few minutes but it was quite fun to do and it turns out, even the news reader on the programme owns a couple of smurfs.

It was all very light hearted which was made even funnier as just before my interview, there had been a rather heated and very intelligent discussion going on about teachers' pay which included an irrate MP. I thought it best not mention I was a teacher and just stuck to the smurfs. :lol:

It wasn't anything spectacular but if anyone desperately wants to hear the interview, click on the link below, scroll down the page a bit then click on Nick Wallis and then fast forward the programme to about 00.46 minutes. I don't know how long this interview will be on the site as I am guessing it will have the next show on there soon. :D

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/mainfram ... romo.shtml
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby smurfieduck » Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:30 pm
Just listened to the radio show, Rachel! Wonderful!! :-D
smurfieduck :-)

Carry on Smurfin' - and have a Smurfin' good day!!!!

Postby FlamingO » Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:07 pm
Well it took me a while to suss how to listen as usua,l but it was well worth the effort :-D
Rachel you were fantastic :D More great work for Uk smurf promotion :cheers:
I'm pretty sure when the presenter said she owned two smurfs 'sadly' she meant she was sad she didn't own more :)

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:48 am
I am afraid, I missed out the interview, for there was another show partly focusing on aggressive teenagers. :(

Postby smurfieduck » Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:39 am
Dom, I missed the radio show as well but Rachel as put a link in her last message and you can listen to it via that. This is what I did. :-D
smurfieduck :-)

Carry on Smurfin' - and have a Smurfin' good day!!!!

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:41 am
@Sharon: I did try Rachel's link, but the show starts at 1:00. :(

Postby cal78 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:24 pm
Watched the Show From The Link, and Loved it, Did Not Understand The Language, but With Smurfs, They Are So Universal, You Dont Need to Undersatand to enjoy.

Postby Rachel » Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:07 am
Just a quick update. :D
It wasn't anything spectacular but if anyone desperately wants to hear the interview, click on the link below, scroll down the page a bit then click on Nick Wallis and then fast forward the programme to about 00.46 minutes. I don't know how long this interview will be on the site as I am guessing it will have the next show on there soon.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/mainfram ... romo.shtml
You can still listen to this for a few more days, you just need to click on the link for Tues under Nick Wallis then forward to 00.46 minutes.

I also did another radio interview on Friday morning, this time for 3 Counties Radio, another BBC station. Again, it was only a couple of minutes but this time the crazy radio presenter wanted me to sing and with the cold that I still have and a very bad throat and very early in the morning this wasn't too great. :lol:

Again, if you want to hear it I'll post the link below but I should think it will only be around for a couple of days. You need to click on Breakfast and then fast forward to about 02.09. :D

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/mainfram ... hree.shtml

:backtotopic:

Just a reminder, Michelle & Veronique's TV interview is still available to watch but again, I am guessing once next week's programmes start it may be changed and it is well worth seeing.

http://www.ketnet.be/ketnet/subsites/ki ... layer.html

Then click on the box with MA 14 januari 2008 next to it.

Anyone know, is there a way we can save this so it can be posted on YouTube?

Postby steveparkes » Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:46 am
Wow Rachel you are becoming a star :) I so far have been unable to watch the sisters on TV as it won't play in my browser as it needs an activeX extension which won't work..so I can't see it. If you can get the URL of the piece you can download it sometimes (depending on the server) with Vixy.net :cheers:
Long, long ago, deep in the forest, there was a hidden village where tiny creatures lived. They called themselves the Smurfs. They were good.

http://www.nationalfriends.co.uk

Postby Simon X » Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:01 am
I have tried to cut and upload the video:

http://www.schlurfs.de/Bilder/Sistersvideo.wmv

I hope it works.
Now someone could try to post it on youtube...I have never done that, so someone else should do that. ;) :D
The size of the video is somehow a little bit distorted, but I think, it's okay...

Postby Rachel » Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:26 am
Hi Simon, Thanks for doing that, it looks great. :-D

I have just uploaded it to YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkH7TU7OuzU

:D

Postby FlamingO » Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:51 pm
Thanks for the link Rachel :D . Why did he keep calling them Schmurfs? Like schlumpfe and smurf together :-?
I'm glad you mentioned they wanted you to sing cause it sounded like you couldn't wait to break into a smurfy song :) :-D

Postby Guest » Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:01 pm
That is the first time i have seen the sister's on tv, mine was like Steve's, it would'nt play !

Well done sister's :clap: :clap:

And an awesome smurf room too :worship: :worship:

:-D :beer:

Postby Smurfysmurf » Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:20 pm
I finally watched the sister's TV spot...well done...and not a bit nervos...you both looked great and that smurf room looks like a museum :shock: :shock: wow :D

and Rachel...that was a great interview and I am glad you held your own with that guy :) :) :) Gosh, you are cheerful so early in the morning though :shock: :cheers: :-D :cheers:
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/
===============================

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Rachel » Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:50 pm
Thanks Moey. :-D
Gosh, you are cheerful so early in the morning though
Believe me, I had literally just opened my eyes about two minutes before and I had the dogs and cats all hassling me as well. :)

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:59 am
Hi Simon, Thanks for doing that, it looks great. :-D

I have just uploaded it to YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkH7TU7OuzU

:D

Awwwww thank you very much Rachel and Simon. You are great!!! :thanks2: :hug: :D

Postby Michelle » Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:22 pm
Hi everyone,

I'm back!
Thank you all for the nice comments, I'm so surprised by reading every single line of this topic!
THANKS....
...... but......

It was a hell of experience!
The cameraman was an absolut ashole!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :devilsmurf:
He cleaned a shelve full of smurfs with his arm, I was so angry :angry: ... he said it wasn't easy for him too... to less space and his camera was to heavy for him. Who cares, it's his job and his choice!
But the 2 other guys were very nice, so after all it was a nice day!

Big hug
Michelle

PS: Rachel: Great to hear your voice again, I love the way you say SMURFS! :D
SUNDAY the 12th of October 2014!! Save the date!!! The 7th edition of Blue Paradise!!!!

Blue Paradise

Postby Rachel » Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:37 pm
The cameraman was an absolut ashole!!!!!!!!!!!!!
He cleaned a shelve full of smurfs with his arm, I was so angry ... he said it wasn't easy for him too... to less space and his camera was to heavy for him.
Michelle!!! I would have been very angry too. I hope you "accidently" knocked his camera over as you walked past. :-D

I am glad to hear you enjoyed it though. The animations that they made were fab too. Did these take very long to do?

Postby Michelle » Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:44 pm
They were here for over 3 hours...

long enough

Michelle
SUNDAY the 12th of October 2014!! Save the date!!! The 7th edition of Blue Paradise!!!!

Blue Paradise

Postby Syd Smurf » Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:37 am
I go away for a little while and everyone turns into Smurfing Celebrities.....fantastic to hear about your radio performance Rach (a veterean these days I feel) and also Michelle's & Vero's performance in To Belgium With Smurf.

I have manged to see the sisters on You Tube...thank you Simon & Rach.......but haven't heard your radio spot yet Rach. Is it still available on that site or have they already removed it? I would love to hear it if possible.

Well done to all of you

I have been contacted by producers from Australia for a February shoot but not sure if I will go ahead with it since all of my smurfs are packed up. It would be a huge job to unpack them all and then re-pack them so I am probably leaning towards turning it down at this stage. If I change my mind I will let people know.

Dyar
Page 3 of 4

Login