Home of the Smurf Community

Local smurfy events and news. Announce news here that is local to your country / area.
Page 18 of 19

Postby Smurf1303 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:04 pm
Yes but didn't they originally say only 15 cities ~ and by reckoning this is 14 and if they're finishing in Brusels guess no trip to the UK or for us here :(

Postby KiwiSchlumpf » Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:34 pm
The Smurfspreader says: The smurfs are cellebrating their 50th birthday and have decided to visit the children in 20 city's, spread across 15 european country's.
hummm so far its 14 cities from 13 countries, by my abacus that makes for two more countries plus four cities from countries already visited? Or to put it another way 6 more visits in 7 weeks (according to the website its from January to October, so I wonder if on the 23rd they infest a bundle of places at once). Did I miss something, was the numbers of 20 cities from 15 countries later revised?

Given the laws of averages whats the betting the next couple of places will be from countries already visited.

Postby steveparkes » Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:32 pm
Well it looks like they are in Wein until 18th September, the tour finishes in October - not coming to the UK are they :( :angry: :( :angry: :( :angry: :x Anyone wanna buy a smurf collection?
Long, long ago, deep in the forest, there was a hidden village where tiny creatures lived. They called themselves the Smurfs. They were good.

http://www.nationalfriends.co.uk

Postby Smurfysmurf » Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:01 am
Maybe everybody in Englad should write them and say that you are disappointed they won't be coming to England. Just to make them aware that there are a bunch of smurf collectors in England :-?
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Yonna » Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:26 am
Where do you get the number of 15 cities? I didn't find that info from happysmyrfday.com.
Go ahead! Smurf my day!

Postby steveparkes » Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:57 am
Maybe everybody in Englad should write them and say that you are disappointed they won't be coming to England. Just to make them aware that there are a bunch of smurf collectors in England :-?
I've already done that Moey - not that they usually listen to us collectors :(
Long, long ago, deep in the forest, there was a hidden village where tiny creatures lived. They called themselves the Smurfs. They were good.

http://www.nationalfriends.co.uk

Postby Smurf1303 » Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:02 pm
ok, remembered that wrong then. good, well fingers crossed they at least come a bit closer then ...

Postby Tojo » Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:04 am
I think it would be terrible if the tour doesn't visit Britain especially as some countries have been visited more than once. That just wouldn't be fair otherwise.
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby FlamingO » Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:22 pm
I'd be staggered if they came to UK now :drunk: At the start I really thought they would, but now I just can't see it :eye: :-?

Postby Smurfysmurf » Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:42 pm
Some of their choices were very curious :-?

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D

Hidden in the Woods

Postby Tojo » Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:57 pm
That's what I was thinking too. I mean, why Erlangen? :-? Why not one of the cities, or Nuremberg where the Toy Fair is?

If you lived in the north of Germany or somewhere near Berlin then there was no chance of getting there.....

I know they couldn't go everywhere but a lot of the choices have been strange to say the least.

Postby KiwiSchlumpf » Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:12 am
Yeah thats why I say "never say never"... I believe New Zealand is still in with a chance albeit a remote one simply because we would be a place people would not have suspected. Okay there may be some truth in us not actually physically being part of Europe, but we are on the same planet... Or at least some of us are I think? (me not included) :-?

Heck you should see my attempts at dart throwing... I tell people I'd get it in the board and I'm going for a 2, but truth be known I have a wide angle approach to the sport. There are days when its simply not safe to be behind me either! I only hope they use a similar technique when picking places in Europe. Some of them have gotta miss.

Postby Michelle » Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:30 am
They were in Swiss today....

Michelle
SUNDAY the 12th of October 2014!! Save the date!!! The 7th edition of Blue Paradise!!!!

Blue Paradise

Postby Smurfysmurf » Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:22 pm
Like I said before...very curious places :-? :) :) :)

Hidden in the Woods

Postby Cassiebsg » Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:33 pm
I thought that Lausanne meant something to me (I'm a comic fan), so I googled a little:
A three-day exhibition, which lasts until Sunday, will help raise money for the children's aid organisation, Unicef. It is being held as part of Lausanne's international comic-strip festival.
http://www.swissinfo.ch/eng/news_digest ... 7000&ty=nd

So maybe not so strange after all... maybe there's still hope for Portugal then, as we have a comic festival around October (last 3 weekends if I remember right)... of course I'm not there though, but at least I could get someone to get me one. ;)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Postby Smurfysmurf » Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:00 pm
Good find, Sandra...it certainly makes more sense now.

I think they are having the big celebration in about a month in Brussels, so I am not sure if they will have many more exhibits before then :-?

Hidden in the Woods

Postby Michelle » Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:32 am
Before they told us they would do 20 cities. So maybe.... never say never!

Michelle
SUNDAY the 12th of October 2014!! Save the date!!! The 7th edition of Blue Paradise!!!!

Blue Paradise

Postby paolo » Sun Sep 14, 2008 4:26 am
Does anyone know the exact date for the big finally in Brussels? October 23rd is not on a weekend but on Thursday.

Postby Smurfysmurf » Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:39 am
They are in Athens :D

The smurfs are getting to see some very nice places :cheers:

Hidden in the Woods

Postby Tojo » Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:50 pm
They sure are but I hope the've got face masks with them as from what I've heard Athens has got very bad smog problems......
Page 18 of 19

Login