Home of the Smurf Community

Local smurfy events and news. Announce news here that is local to your country / area.
Page 13 of 19

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:39 am
Awwww thank you so much, Christy and Steve.

Big hug :grouphug:

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:39 am
You lucky girl Dom! :hug: It's great having parents as mad as we are, isn't it? :-D :)
Well Hilary, my dad still thinks I am crazy. ;)
Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:50 am
Hi guys,

since many of you haven't been to the Smurf exhibition yet, I decided to take as many pics from the boards as possible. If you are interested, just follow me through this guided tour. Due to the huge amount of pics, I am using, I will delete those pics by Friday.

First of all, welcome to Liège, Belgium. Hope you don't mind the cloudy and foggy weather here. As you all know, my name's Dom and I'll be your guide for the time being. ;)

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:05 am
First of all, let me briefly summarize the structure of each of the boards. These boards are divided into two parts. The upper part aims at adults who want to learn something about Peyo and the history of the smurfs as you are, whereas the lower part is providing characterizations of the most significant smurfs and also some smurf games for children and toddlers.

Some of the boards also contain special designed smurfs to give you an impression, what you can do with your white raws.

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:14 am
Peyo was born Pierre Culliford on June 25th, 1928 in Brussels as the son of an English father and a Wallonian Belgian mother.

After finishing school, Peyo got a job as a comic film illustrator in Brussels.

Soon after WWII, the company was folded and Peyo had to look for another job. Since he wasn't offered a job at Dupuis, he started working for several local newspapers. One of the characters, he was creating throughout that certain period was Pussycat.

Postby naish510 » Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:29 am
Thanks for the pictures and information Dominque !!!
I saw it in Scheveningen and it was so great to see it :D :D

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:50 am
Will be continued tomorrow

Postby SmurfingH » Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:34 am
I shall look forward to the next instalment! :-D

Postby eggie smurf » Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:50 pm
Glad you got to go, Dom...that is awesome :D Can you post bigger pics though as they look like there is a ton to see but they are small? Thanks :hug:
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby paolo » Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:33 pm
It took me over an hour to read all the top panels, then I only read the bottom ones and didn't try and solve the puzzles, but the drawings where really beautiful as the sample smurfs.

Postby paolo » Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:46 pm
by the way , someone have alread try to do them in these colurs ? If yes , what kind of paint have you used for ??
Dan
Actually here in Italy there was a stand by Fila Giotto promoting their products, and for each smurf you bought at the Unicef stand they gave you two free drawing pens from the "decor materials" line of this brand.
Needless to say they ran out of the blue colour very soon.

Postby Smurf1303 » Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:58 pm
Thanks for posting the pictures. Really want them to come to the UK now.

Postby Smurfysmurf » Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:31 pm
That is cool that you still found a smurf in the city :-D

You are a very lucky girl, Dom :D
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/
===============================

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Tojo » Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:19 pm
I haven't been around for a bit so I'm having to speed-read this to try to catch up!!! My head's spinning :)
That's amazing that they've gone to Belgium again. And I'm so happy for everyone who's managed to find a white smurfy :-D
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:56 am
Glad you got to go, Dom...that is awesome :D Can you post bigger pics though as they look like there is a ton to see but they are small? Thanks :hug:
@Staci: First, I tried to upload them here, but the system won't me allow to post such large files. :( Maybe it would be best, if you just help me out on that.

Postby Lia » Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:14 am
Dominique: When I want small pics, I go with the right mouse button to option: copy to e-mail receiver, then I send them to myself and then, the pics have a nice small size. From the mailbox, you`ll simply save them again. (Another option is Irfanview, but the pics might still be too large for blueimps)

Lia

Postby Guest » Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:28 am
or open with mspaint->menu image-> Stretch/Skew -> set both to 30%
save and it is resized in a acceptable way

Postby SmurfingH » Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:29 am
Dom, send them to me and I'll resize them for you. I'll pm you my email address. :D

Postby eggie smurf » Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:51 am
I was going to offer to help too, Dom, but Hilary has gotten the situation under control :D If you still need help, let me know :cheers:
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:05 am
Sorry for my delay. You know, I saved those pics on a computer and there was an Asian who kept on sitting on that certain computer for more than four hours yesterday. :(

Therefore I decided to leave those pics until Monday and proceed with the tour. I will send out the pics to Hilary afterwards, telling her to post them, if that's fine with you.
Page 13 of 19

Login