Home of the Smurf Community

Local smurfy events and news. Announce news here that is local to your country / area.
Page 11 of 12

Postby smurfer » Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:15 am
Some very Smurfy person from my work gave me this today :-D

It's the big display box from the Dutch McDonalds ...

Sooo Smurftastic, Many thanks Chanella !!!!! :D :D :D

Postby Tintin » Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:35 am
Hi Ron

Great item, many congrats.................... !!!!!!
Nice people you work with :cheers:

Tintin

Postby Tojo » Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:11 pm
That is sooooo cool :cheers:
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby smurf68 » Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:38 pm
Got all 16 US Smurfs now waiting on an Asian set and a set put out by Nestle in Israel. Then hopefuly someone from Australia will sell me a set as I have no US doubles to trade.

Keep on smurfing :smurf:

Postby Smurfysmurf » Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:05 pm
I received this English display today....it's not really set up yet but laying on my bed. It's too large to set up for now but will be :smile: It's in several parts...trust me this picture does not give it full credit :o

The second one was I think hung from the ceiling...when I first saw pictures, I thought it's a smaller paper display, but it's quite large as well
Attachments
038.jpg
038.jpg (41.75 KiB) Viewed 15495 times
037.jpg
037.jpg (37.38 KiB) Viewed 15495 times
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Gerda » Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:10 pm
Love them!! I like to see how mcdonalds does things differently in other countries, you wouldn't think of marketing carrots to kids here.... then again up till a short while ago it was unheard of to give them apple dippers in there happy meal. Neat to see.
happily smurfing along

Postby bradley » Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:06 am
great displays Maureen! well done! Look forward to seeing how you setup the display :)

Vanity Smurf is out in my local McDonalds today on my stop home. I have been checking other McDonald stores all week and they all are still on the first 2 smurfs apart from the one close to my work. This is becoming expensive, lol. Sofar I have ended up with 14 each of Hefty & Harmony, 15 of Chef (I was making up the number to 14 but the woman couldn't count and I was given an extra Chef for free, hehe).. & I have 5 of Greedy (not sure but my local didn't seem to have many of these. I'm guessing probably because he is one of the two that weren't released in the Asian McDonalds so I really need to find these somewhere else) and now 5 of Vanity. I was only planning to make 10 sets.. then decided to cap it at 12... but then my mum bought some happy meals and got 3 more of each the Hefty and Harmony, which brought the total on those to 14 so I guess I'll have to cap it again at 14 sets :) :banghead: or still cap at 12 and make up the other sets later on down the track with finding them at markets etc... all this smurfing around hehe

Postby Tintin » Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:55 am
Hi Maureen

Very nice again !!!!
Carrots at the McDonald's ??? Never heared of that :D

Tintin

Postby Smurfysmurf » Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:08 am
I've seen the same display with apples, I think, so I think they had both :-?

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D

Hidden in the Woods

Postby Gerda » Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:27 am
I know they had the apple dippers display, but I never heard of the carrots.
happily smurfing along

Postby Tintin » Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:45 am
Hi

No carrots and apples for me......... i want the healthy burgers and French fries :-D

Tintin

Postby Gerda » Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:15 am
Hi

No carrots and apples for me......... i want the healthy burgers and French fries :-D

Tintin
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
happily smurfing along

Postby paolo » Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:32 pm
The McDonald’s Smurfs will arrive to Italy too after all, starting from this Friday as the leaflets say. I don’t collect them as I didn’t for the ones from the US or other European Countries in the past months, so I don’t know if they are different, if they are plastic figurines or plushes. I will go there on the first day just to check them out and take one Happy Meal but if some of you is interested in getting the whole set, I will ask if they give them out for a reduced price than the Happy Meal’s (that in Italy is 4 euros) and let you know.

Postby paolo » Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:32 pm
OK, a big disappointment today as I went to McDonald’s and the Italian Happy Meal toys are the small plushes we've already seen from the UK and Holland. Each week there are two new subjects to complete a set of 10. From the bpz or the instructions on the bags there is nothing written in Italian (and the toys are obviously made in China). Only the boxes have the “I PUFFI” writing, but here too the Dutch boxes had the same drawings.
I was able to get two smurf and two smurfette plushes for 1 euro each, and next week there will be another pair of smurfs from the set of 10. If any of you is interested in the whole set, please pm me.

Postby Smurfysmurf » Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:07 am
I think there are four different ceiling hanging displays, and today I got two more :-D
Attachments
McD Display smurfette.jpg
McD Display smurfette.jpg (58.18 KiB) Viewed 15138 times
McD display Papa.jpg
McD display Papa.jpg (56.8 KiB) Viewed 15138 times

Hidden in the Woods

Postby smurfer » Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:53 am
Wow !! Congrats Moey :D :D
Love that Papa/apple display !! :smitten:

:cheers:

Postby Cassiebsg » Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:05 am
Hey, I got my hands on 6 of the US set but I got 2x Angry with the pink butterfly on the nose... anyone have an extra that want to trade for this one? :D
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Postby XoioX2000 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:08 pm
We have really been shortchanged in Europe for the McDonald Smurfs this time round: Asia, Australia and the Amricas have far nicer ones!!!!!

Cheers,

David
:dragon: I like the smell of Napalm, first thing in the morning...:dragon:
Check out The Dragon's Cave

Postby Tojo » Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:56 pm
I agree David. Ours were really quite boring in comparison. My favourites are the Australian ones.

By the way it's nice to see that you're back :cheers:
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby Smurfysmurf » Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:01 pm
I second that, Tojo...on both accounts :cheers:

Hidden in the Woods

Page 11 of 12

Login