Home of the Smurf Community

Local smurfy events and news. Announce news here that is local to your country / area.
Page 2 of 4

Postby Smurfysmurf » Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:26 pm
I wonder how the village does without Papa Smurf...of course they are also without Brainy, so they may do well :) :) :)

I am watching the first episode and was surprised how "3D" it is
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Smurfysmurf » Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:38 pm
Brad, was it the "Camelot' episode that was cut off? On my DVD set it was that one, which was a bit of a let down for as I love the Camelot legend :o

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D

Hidden in the Woods

Postby bradley » Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:16 am
Brad, was it the "Camelot' episode that was cut off? On my DVD set it was that one, which was a bit of a let down for as I love the Camelot legend :o
yes thats the one Maureen. I was enjoying that ep until it cut off.
I sent an email to Magna Pacific regarding this error and they said they would look into it. I haven't heard anything back again about it.

Postby Syd Smurf » Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:56 am
I've never heard of that happening before guys.....wow, that sounds really bad and I can understand the disappointment as I would feel the same....or will feel the same when I see it.

Let us know if you hear anything new.

Dyar

Postby bradley » Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:59 am
NEW AUSTRALIAN SMURF DVD NEWS!

Just noticed this listing on the Magna Pacific website for a future release!
Smurfette Collection! Sounds great and a lot of episodes not available on any other dvd releases + "The Smurfette" ep also that was skipped on the previous Oz dvd releases.

SMURFS, THE: SMURFETTE COLLECTION
With episodes spanning the entire series, watch Smurfette from her creation by Gargamel to her various adventures in this collection of 21 episodes from The Smurfs. She’s one of a kind, full of feminine grace and melts the hearts of every Smurf she meets.

Disc 1
The Smurfette, Smurfette’s Dancing Shoes, The Three Smurfketeers, Squeaky, Speak For Yourself Farmer Smurf, Smurfette’s Sweet Tooth, Smurfette’s Golden Tresses

Disc 2
The Whole Smurf And Nothing But The Smurf, The Little Orange Horse With The Gold Shoes, Queen Smurfette, Smurfette’s Rose, The Prince And The Hopper, Smurfette’s Gift, Smurfette’s Flowers

Disc 3
Wild About Smurfette, The Clockwork Smurfette, Soothsayer Smurfette, Smurfette Unmade, Smurfette’s Lucky Star, My Smurfy Valentine, Smurfily Ever After

No cover art yet or release date. This set sounds excellent! Looking forward to its release.

Postby Gerda » Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:18 am
brad,
that does sound wonderfull. Hope the us dvd's pick up on some of those themes. :-D
happily smurfing along

Postby SmurfingH » Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:28 am
Oh I'd like that. Can they be played on UK machines? I can never remember. :-?

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:34 am
Well Hilary,

at least there are some goofs, which might help out. I tried one for my dvd player and it worked perfectly. However your tv must be able to display NTSC as well.

Postby bradley » Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:34 am
Oh I'd like that. Can they be played on UK machines? I can never remember. :-?
yep, they can. UK & Australia both use PAL. Though Australia is Region 4 and UK Region 2. The dvds will work on uk players same with uk dvds will work on Australian players. But they won't work on American players, Region 1 is NTSC.

I really like the idea of this "Collection" DVD. Even though I'd prefer complete season box sets, this is a nice way of releasing episodes. And look forward to seeing the cute Smurfette cover art for the set!

Postby SmurfingH » Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:43 am
Thanks Brad. :-D

Postby agent smurf » Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:18 pm
Thanks for the info about the latest dvds.

Postby bradley » Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:03 am
Finally a release date for that Smurfette DVD collection being released in Australia. No cover art yet. Here are the details listed on Ezydvd.

Smurfs, The - Smurfette Collection (3 Disc Set)

Release Date: Wednesday 2nd September

With episodes spanning the entire series, watch Smurfette from her creation by Gargamel to her various adventures in this collection of 21 episodes from The Smurfs. She’s one of a kind, full of feminine grace and melts the hearts of every Smurf she meets.

Episodes:
The Smurfette
Smurfette’s Dancing Shoes
The Three Smurfketeers
Squeaky
Speak For Yourself Farmer Smurf
Smurfette’s Sweet Tooth
Smurfette’s Golden Tresses
The Whole Smurf And Nothing But The Smurf
The Little Orange Horse With The Gold Shoes
Queen Smurfette
Smurfette’s Rose
The Prince And The Hopper
Smurfette’s Gift
Smurfette’s Flowers
Wild About Smurfette
The Clockwork Smurfette
Soothsayer Smurfette
Smurfette Unmade
Smurfette’s Lucky Star
My Smurfy Valentine
Smurfily Ever After

Postby Smurfysmurf » Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:45 am
Thank you for the update, Brad.

The smurfette episodes are among my least favorite ones, but it's good to know they are still releasing the episodes on DVD :D

I am still debating on whether or not to get me one of those collector's sets released in Australia. I wish shipping wasn't so expensive :-?

Hidden in the Woods

Postby bradley » Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:37 pm
Thank you for the update, Brad.

The smurfette episodes are among my least favorite ones, but it's good to know they are still releasing the episodes on DVD :D

I am still debating on whether or not to get me one of those collector's sets released in Australia. I wish shipping wasn't so expensive :-?
why no love for smurfette episodes?? :(

The anniversary boxset looked nice. I never brought it because I already had all the volume dvds with all the same episodes on. Was tempted to buy it just for the box/cover. Its hard to find in shops. I haven't seen it on the shelve since it was originally released last year. Although funny I've just spotted it pictured in a Big W catalogue today for 39.84. I frequent Big W every few weeks and I haven't seen this set on the shelve unless they are getting some in for this sale. Or it depends on the different stores. They may or may not have it in stock.

Postby bradley » Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:39 am
cover art for the Smurfette Collection DVD:

I like how they've kept it in the same style as the Time Travellers set. Nice cover art with a very cute smurfette! She is my #1 girl, LOL

Postby Tojo » Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:04 pm
I like that cover art too, they did a good job :D
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby Smurfysmurf » Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:29 pm
I like it as well....if they have similar artwork inside as they did with the Traveller series, it will be great as well :D

Hidden in the Woods

Postby Tojo » Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:51 pm
I just looked at that cover again. It looks to me as though Smurfette needs to spend a penny as they say :)
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby bradley » Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:30 am
The Smurfette DVD was released this week. My order arrived today in the post. I'll have to take a photo to post tomorrow. Nice cover art in the same style as the Time Travellers DVD. Just disappointing there is no insert cover inside. The discs have smurfette pictures on them.

Postby bradley » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:27 pm
Here are some photos of the smurfette DVD... plastoy not included, hehe

Page 2 of 4

Login