Home of the Smurf Community

Local smurfy events and news. Announce news here that is local to your country / area.
Page 2 of 4

Postby Gerda » Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:52 pm
I guess there was a mention on the show live with regis and kelly.. I did not watch it but Robert cought Regis saying there will be three new balloons for the parade this year.. something something else and smurfs (the others I don't recall, since they where not important I did not listen :) I wish I would have seen the show myself but i'm happy the smurfs got a mention. I have the dvr ready to record.. I just hope they actually show the smurfs on tv and not just a quick glimps of a smurf butt flying by :)

gerda
happily smurfing along

Postby SMURFSTEROCKS » Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:13 pm
Hi Everyone,

I am so thrill of the Smurf Giant Balloon being in the Thanksgiving Day Parade this year for the very first time. I will be going to the parade. I also will be going tonight to take pics before the Smurf is off to the parade tomorrow. It's about 35 minutes from where I live. It will be my first time at this event that takes place every year but the only reason I am making an exception is because the Smurf is going to be there. I hate crowds. LOL! I would be glad to share my pics with you all as soon as I can get them up on my computer. I just can't wait till tomorrow. Have a Happy Thanksgiving.

Postby SmurfingH » Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:46 pm
Enjoy yourself tomorrow and welcome to the forum New Guy! :D

Gerda, hope you get to record it too. :-D

Postby SMURFSTEROCKS » Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:03 pm
Thanks for the welcome SmurfingH.
(Website is only viewable on Internet Explorer)

Postby eggie smurf » Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:16 pm
I was dying to go to the parade (never been, never would go if it weren't for a smurf!) but no one from around here will go with me and everyone that would go is too far away :( I was thinking of driving up for the inflating of the floats today too but I had prior commitments. I hope you have a great time tonight and tomorrow Smurfster and would love to see any pics you get :D Welcome to the forum too :welcome:
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby SMURFSTEROCKS » Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:21 am
Thanks for the welcome eggie.

You didn't miss much going to the inflating of the balloons, poor Smurf looked as if Gargamel caught him and netted his tail down to the floor, but I think they didn't want to give away the big excitement for tomorrow.
They even had him in a way you couldn't see his face. He is HUGE! I felt like a Smurf next to him. LOL! I did have a great time. The place was crowded but I manage through it. I took lots of pictures of all the balloons but I'm sure they'll look better tomorrow at the Thanksgiving Parade. So here are just a few pics I took today of the Smurf only. Enjoy.

ImageImage
ImageImage

Postby FlamingO » Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:46 am
Hi Smurfster :hiya: Welcome to the forum :-D

Thank you for posting those photos :worship: :D , great to see this anticipated smurf as a reality 8) :cool: I wish I was going to the parade :( :)

Postby SMURFSTEROCKS » Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:59 am
Thanks for the welcome FlamingO.

Here's a little video I made when I was there. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/v/VGuirP5Rnek&hl=en&fs=1

Postby bradley » Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:12 am
wow, thanks for sharing your photos. that smurf looks great. It'll look fantastic up the sky during the parade! Look forward to seeing some photos!

Brad.

Postby SmurfingH » Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:13 am
Great pics and video! :-D That smurf is huge! :shock: Can't wait to see your pics from the parade. :) :)

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:01 am
Wow!!!! :D That smurf looks terrific. :D Thanks for posting!!! :D

Postby bwalters » Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:03 am
I just got a glimps of the Smurf balloon on the today show. There was no story about really just that the parade was comming up soon. It was in the intro to the show so there maybe a story about it. Bill

Postby eggie smurf » Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:21 am
Holy cow, that smurf IS huge...I mean he looks big but when that guy tied his shoe next to the smurf in the video, the guy looked quite tiny. I have my DVR ready to go too this morning :D If I can I will post the smurf part for everyone to enjoy.

Postby bwalters » Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:25 am
Hi Staci; I thought you were going to the parade? I know you said you couldn't find anyone to go with you. But this is a big event for the Smurfs and I figured you would go anyway. Bill

Postby eggie smurf » Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:14 am
Unfortunately, no, Bill...it's too far a trip to go alone! If anyone blinked going into the first commercial break of the parade, they missed the Smurf float! I'm sure they will focus on it later because it's been mentioned 3 times as being a new balloon this year. But smurf is right up at the front of the parade, I think right after Tom Turkey who is first so that's pretty cool :D

Postby LadyZod » Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:38 am
And people ask me... Anna, why don't you usually watch the Macy's Parade?

My answer? Too many musicals, not enough Balloon attention! :angry:

I figured that after the commercial, maybe they'd show the Smurf balloon.. nope. :eek:

In fact, it's like they are purposely ignoring all the balloons and forcing me to watch and listen to musical productions that I would watch and listen to, if I was actually interested in them. :banghead:

Why aren't I in bed? :-?
Anna

Playing with Smurfs since 1981!:smurf1:

Postby bwalters » Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:39 am
Hi Staci; I am watching NBC news and just saw a long segment with Al Roker showing the Smurf balloon in the background. I was right up front. I didn't see tom Turkey though but I am sure he is there. He's always first. Sorry to hear that you couldn't go to the parade. I don't know how far you are. But 34 years ago I went from Mcgwire AFB to NYC in a limo and if my memory serves me right it took a few hours to get there. Bill

Postby Gerda » Thu Nov 27, 2008 9:13 am
It didn't take long for the smurf to be shown, right after the first musical, I kept screaming take the stupid advertisment off the screen and show the smurf, they did and it was great. From the looks of it he is the first real balloon in the parade.. I hope they talk about it. Either way it is exciting.

love those pictures of the smurf tied down, so great!!

:cheers: :cheers:

gerda
happily smurfing along

Postby bwalters » Thu Nov 27, 2008 9:18 am
Hi Gerda; I thought I was the only one that yelled at the TV for the same thing. Who cares about the banner they had up. The bolloon looks great. Wonder if the chineese will fake it. LOL Bill

Postby Gerda » Thu Nov 27, 2008 9:24 am
Hi Gerda; I thought I was the only one that yelled at the TV for the same thing. Who cares about the banner they had up. The bolloon looks great. Wonder if the chineese will fake it. LOL Bill

:) :) Ah that is too funny, nice to know i'm not the only nut. you bet we are going to see a made in china smurf balloon soon, any bets on how long it will take :) :)

gerda

ps.. did you notice the little blue and white people holding the balloon? wish they would have shown a close up of those guys
happily smurfing along
Page 2 of 4

Login