Home of the Smurf Community

Local smurfy events and news. Announce news here that is local to your country / area.
Page 9 of 19

Postby Guest » Fri May 16, 2008 2:32 pm
Excellent Video ! :D

Stace, make you sure watch it, some woman touches our Astro :x :) :)

:-D :beer:

Postby Smurfysmurf » Fri May 16, 2008 6:02 pm
It looks like the same girls they showed in previous videos :-?

I understood two words :D

puffi and Gargamelo :-D
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Michelle » Sat May 17, 2008 2:28 am
I like this celeberti smurf!

Thanks

Michelle
SUNDAY the 12th of October 2014!! Save the date!!! The 7th edition of Blue Paradise!!!!

Blue Paradise

Postby eggie smurf » Sat May 17, 2008 9:44 pm
Stace, make you sure watch it, some woman touches our Astro :x :) :)
That bitch!! :angry: We will have to disinfect that puppy next time we see him...but look on the bright side....she probably has thousands of Dyar germs on her now from when he rubbed himself all over poor Astro :eek:
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby Syd Smurf » Sat May 17, 2008 10:06 pm
That Astro didn't wear any protection on his head either......i.e. helmet of course

Don't worry Graham.....next time we're in Brussels we'll successfully borrow :winks: that guy as originally planned.

Dyar

PS - Disinfecting the Astro still won't get rid of Dyar germs......those guys are lethal little suckers :-?

Postby Guest » Sun May 18, 2008 2:23 am
One of the best smurfy days i have ever had in that museum :D

:-D :beer:

Postby paolo » Sun May 18, 2008 4:18 am
Hi,
I just came back from a two days trip in Milano and if you look carefully at the video posted by Christy I am the one gathering the smurfs inside a white bag. Unfortunately the imps guys saw me and told me I couldn't take more than 10 :x , so even if I arrived there at 6 am while they were still lying the smurfs on the Duomo square, I have a fewer number of smurfs than I planned.

I agree with Max, this is not an event for collectors, but for kids, as I believe as I always thought that imps doesn't care about collectors and wants only to market its products around Europe a little more.

I was very surprised last Sunday (May 11th) when browsing the internet I found a press release announcing the dates and the full programs for the events during these two days: so much about keeping secret the locations of the events!
I took Friday off from work and went directly to Milano arriving eary in the morning and supposing (correctly) that the obvious location would have been the Duomo square (it is the place where soccer fans gather to cheer and party, as example for last world cup win :cup: , and I hope today it will remain quiet) I was there while they were opening the boxes full of white smurf and displaying them on the ground.

They told us (there were 5 of us, me and other 4 people I met there and were not collectors but just tourists) to wait before taking them because they had to take pictures and call the televisions to make the reports (and in fact some of the reports are staged, they told us what to do and make us sign a letter allowing them to use the images they filmed).
Unfortunately, while I was taking my share of smurfs one of the imps guys that was there told me I couldn't take more than 1 :-? (than we aregued a little and I was allowed to keep 10), but it was fun anyway.

Postby paolo » Sun May 18, 2008 4:38 am
The celebrity smurf by Benetton is the prettier so far in my opinion, but I think they got free advertising (and I usually don't like the advertising style of their campaigns): there is also their logo on the smurf sweater and the signature on the cap!

Some of the second day activities planned for Saturday were cancelled because of rain but there were anyway a couple of interesting satnds by Upperdeck promoting the family cards game and the memo 3d game (but they didn't sell them so I will have to go looking for a shop who has it) and by Il Giornalino who promoted their latest issue with a new story with the 60's Italian singer Mina (that I don't like) depicted smurf-like in an 8 tables story set at the Castello Sforzesco in Milano, that is the place where all these activities where held.

To close the event, there was a mini concert by Italian singer Cristina D'Avena (who is the one who sings almost all the cartoon theme songs on tv) who sang 4 smurf songs: the kids who were there were happy, but because of the afternoon light rain there was not so much people there.

In closing, it was fun, even if I was expecting more intersting items for collectors besides the white figurines and some funny postcards. :-D

Postby Smurfysmurf » Sun May 18, 2008 4:43 am
Thanks for the report, Paolo...it sounds like an interesting day even though it rained :D
Were you able to take some pictures?
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby paolo » Sun May 18, 2008 4:45 am
I forgot the camera at home, and going directly to Milano from work, I couldn't go back taking it, so no pictures :(

Postby SmurfingH » Sun May 18, 2008 5:24 am
Nice to hear how you got on Paolo! At least you got 10 smurfs from your own country. :-D

Postby Gerda » Sun May 18, 2008 5:40 am
sounds like you had a great time Paolo,
you know the planners are real idiots.. If they did not want to have people take hand fulls then maybe just maybe they should scatter them around a bit more and not have a pile of smurfs in one spot. human gathering instincts (or maybe just smurf insitinct) says grab as many as you can. I agree Imps don't care about collectors even though we are the ones that probably make them the most money and give them the most advertitsment. :banghead:

gerda
happily smurfing along

Postby Michelle » Sun May 18, 2008 12:16 pm
Nice report Paolo!

Thanks for sharing it with us.
Michelle
SUNDAY the 12th of October 2014!! Save the date!!! The 7th edition of Blue Paradise!!!!

Blue Paradise

Postby Tojo » Sun May 18, 2008 5:29 pm
Great report Paolo, I'd have loved to have seen you arguing with the IMPS people :)

I'm glad that you got some white smurfs though. Do they also have the labels with the location on?
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby Smurf1303 » Sun May 18, 2008 5:40 pm
Glad you got smurfs Paolo, thanks for your comments.

roll on UK...

btw where did you see the advertisment of schedule?

Postby Pitufo » Sun May 18, 2008 7:45 pm
Thanks for sharing with us the info!!!!!!!

I have heard that the tour won´t probably arrive to Spain...It seems Unicef has another similar campaign with Teletubbies :-? :-? :-?
JOAQUÍN

Postby paolo » Mon May 19, 2008 12:51 am
btw where did you see the advertisment of schedule?
I was looking over the internet for the Memo 3d game, and I came upon an upperdeck (the company that makes it) press release informing that they would have had a stand at the Happy Smurfday celebrations in Milano. I downloaded the press release and there were detailed informations on locations, date and times of the events!
So if you want to know in advance future locations, don't go to the imps site but try indirect ways. And that press release also stated that there was a previous event in Barcelona, but I think they were wrong.

Postby paolo » Mon May 19, 2008 12:53 am
I have heard that the tour won´t probably arrive to Spain...It seems Unicef has another similar campaign with Teletubbies :-? :-? :-?
Maybe that's why they took so much time from Gent to Milano: the event that was supposed to be held in Barcelona was possibly canceled.

Postby agent smurf » Tue May 20, 2008 7:39 am
If they did not want to have people take hand fulls then maybe just maybe they should scatter them around a bit more and not have a pile of smurfs in one spot.

gerda
Yes I agree ? , or the smurfs should weigh about 10 kg each. :D

Postby KiwiSchlumpf » Tue May 20, 2008 2:10 pm
Yes I agree ? , or the smurfs should weigh about 10 kg each. :D
The postal service has already pre-empted this and are already charging for such a weight! :x :banghead:
Page 9 of 19

Login