Home of the Smurf Community

Local smurfy events and news. Announce news here that is local to your country / area.
Page 6 of 7

Postby Smurfysmurf » Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:55 pm
That is great news, Bill :D
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby bwalters » Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:00 pm
boy you are fast. I just edited it ten seconds ago. Bill

Postby Smurfysmurf » Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:18 pm
I am not sure if they have already been posted, but I finally got around to taking pictures of the two activity books Nance sent me and that arrived on my birthday. Both have the anniversary logo, so I thought I post them here :cheers:

Thank you again, Nance, for getting them for me :hug:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D

Hidden in the Woods

Postby bradley » Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:11 am
Just took a photo of these today. There was a book fair held at my sisters Primary School last week "Scholastic Book Fair". My mum usually volunteers to run the fair each year but she has recently got a new job so she couldn't this time. But luckily on the last day on Friday she went in to see how the book fair had gone and surprisingly found these:

Smurf Notepad Book and a Smurf pencil with Eraser on top! A little expensive though. These items are officially licensed and are from an American company called "Animations - A Division Of Accessory Network" New York. Made 2008. So these have made it over to Australia, they might be available somewhere in America?

Brad.

Postby SmurfingH » Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:27 am
Wow! Lovely items all of them!! :-D :-D I don't know if anybody else has seen this but Mum found it at Brussels station. It's the prequel to the Magic Flute and explains how the first flute came to be and how it was lost. It has extras too like a smurf dictionary and other bits. :) :)

Postby Tojo » Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:20 am
I want, I want :-D :-D

That looks cool especially with the sticker on it :D
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby Azrael » Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:18 am
I got mine in a comic book shop in Bruges with my mum and dad.

I also got a smurfette ice cream, a floorsweep and TWO peewits with green shirt for 3 EURO!

and that was after the fair when I thought all my spending was over! :-D
www.britishcollectorsclub.com The Smurf Collectors Club

Postby Gerda » Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:51 pm
after seeing brad's post about the notebook I did a search and found this article
http://www.licensemag.com/licensemag/Ch ... ail/488786

It says they will release a bunch of stuff in the fall of 08 but does not say which stores.

gerda
happily smurfing along

Postby Mark » Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:29 am
Does anyone know if that comicbook is also available in dutch?

Greetings,

Mark

Postby SmurfingH » Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:58 am
I've only seen it at Brussels station and then they were all in French. If Al got his at Bruges, I don't know which language that would be in. :D

Postby Azrael » Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:31 am
Mine is the same as yours Hil, so I think there's only that version?

I liked the way Smurfette isn't in it, so it keeps with the story.
www.britishcollectorsclub.com The Smurf Collectors Club

Postby bwalters » Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:13 pm
I told everyone that I got the Plush smurfs on friday. Yesterday my oldest sister and I went to another sisters 60th birthday party. On the way back I was telling my sister about it and she asked if I had seen Tammy there I said who's Tammy? She said My Neice or my Nephew's wife. I knew that girl looked familiar for some reason. I have only seen her a couple of times. And had my mind on other things. Boy I feel like an idiot. Bill

Postby paolo » Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:45 am
My coins have arrived, both the 5 euros from Belgium Mint and the numbered ones in the envelopes by the Belgium Postal Service.
They are really great! :cheers:

Postby KiwiSchlumpf » Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:46 pm
Daryl,
I think that's the website, Tojo got ours from :D
Yes that's right. I found a few other webshops which sold the coins but this was the cheapest. The shipment was very fast too.

Now that the forum is working again I'll post the photos I took (it won't be until this evening though).
Excellent, thanks guys..
I only just received the aforementioned coin order from starshop coins but alas it contained no coin!!!!! just an empty display box and mount.

I have been having a bad run with online sales and ebay lately, 2 auctions have taken over two weeks to post their items after immediate payment with no explanation and 3 more auctions have posted the wrong items in the last month (two have now been sorted the other is outstanding) and now this sending me an empty box.

I'm not sure if starshop coins are going to admit their mistake or say I have the package and its my word against theirs that the box is empty!!!!! :angry: :x

Postby bwalters » Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:17 pm
HI Paolo; Sorry your having such a bad time with auctions and sales you are recieving. Too bad some of these seller arn't more carefull about what they do. I just bought two auctions last night with instant purchase I hope I have better luck than you have. Bill
Ops. Sorry Daryl I just realized I said that to Paolo not you. I hate this touch mouse on my keyboard it make the screen jump. Actually it's my thumbs that make it jump when I try to hit the space bar.

Postby SmurfingH » Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:58 am
Sorry to hear that Daryl. Hope you get it sorted out! :D

Postby Smurfysmurf » Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:51 am
That's pretty awful, Daryl.

Surely the seller will send you the coins. Keep us updated how it goes :hug:

Hidden in the Woods

Postby Gerda » Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:04 am
Hopefully the seller is honest about the mistake and makes it right. Is there by chance a sign that it was opened and snatched in the post :-?
happily smurfing along

Postby KiwiSchlumpf » Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:17 pm
Hopefully the seller is honest about the mistake and makes it right. Is there by chance a sign that it was opened and snatched in the post :-?
The package was very well packaged in sealed bags boxes etc. so wasn't lost in transit. The helpdesk at the shop hasn't yet offered a solution just that "he doesn't believe it (or me as his english isn't too clear), he has done 600 of these smurf coins last week alone and I'm the first one with this story". I just emailed him again to see where we go from here and offering some solutions.

Postby Tojo » Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:37 am
that is really bad news Daryl :(

It is really strange that the coin was missing. On the label on the plastic wrapper there is a weight in grammes stamped onto it if I'm not mistaken (I'm at work right now). What does yours say? I'll compare it with the ones I have. If there's a large discrepancy then it might indicate that the coin wan't in the box at the packaging stage.
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:
Page 6 of 7

Login