Home of the Smurf Community

Local smurfy events and news. Announce news here that is local to your country / area.
Page 6 of 8

Postby paolo » Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:46 pm
The two 'free' or '10 euros' figurines went for almost 60 euros! :shock: :shock:
Maybe the buyers didn't know that, but if you are going to spend that kind of money on a figurine you don't know, then take some information on it. I hope the next auctions won't reach such high prices, but as for the BASF Smurf I think for some time the prices will be high.

Postby Smurf1303 » Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:41 pm
Nice try Rachel but clearly they should come to Oxford ...

Big but not huge population
Lots of tourists
Students from all over the country
Central location for the country
The "local library" ~ Bodlean has a copy of many different smurf books so clearly a base interest
Me

I rest my case. :) :) :)

60€ is a silly price, BASF seems to be about 30€ (or at least that's about how much I keep loosing auctions at)

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:20 am
Awwwwww thank you so much Brad!!! :-D I guess, I shall call you smurf researcher from now on!!! :D

Postby bradley » Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:03 am
I've found a few more pics including those 2 shots of the 3D animation.
This forum page the photos are from says a few interesting things.
translated from google
The display consists of 36 panels. Each panel (numbered in the lower right corner as if the page of a comic book). They all are double sided. The person makes mention that the top half of the boards shows the journey through the history of the Smurfs from beginning to present. The lower half shows smurf character photos, illustrations and puzzles. They also mention that the Unicef stall had ran out of the white smurfs on Saturday to buy. They were being told they'd be available to purchase online (which hasn't happened yet). And actually another blog I passed over on the weekend mentioned a reply from the Unicef website saying that there has been a lot of interest in the white smurfs and they are looking to sell them on the webiste. Fingers crossed!

Brad.

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:31 am
Btw. watch the video. http://happysmurfday.com/de/de/euro_tour/angouleme

Seems like we have to get up very early. :D

Postby bradley » Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:34 am
Btw. watch the video. http://happysmurfday.com/de/de/euro_tour/angouleme

Seems like we have to get up very early. :D
yeah, looks like all the smurfs got snapped up before the sun had even risen.

Brad.

Postby Gerda » Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:59 am
Great info and pictures Brad!! I loved looking at all the smurfy stuff. I must say that some of those "painted" smurf do look very nice. I love the one that has the paint spilled on him and the paint can next to him :) second best is the puzzle looking one! Not sure what to think of the cactus smurf though :eek: :shock:

gerda
happily smurfing along

Postby Rachel » Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:47 pm
The two 'free' or '10 euros' figurines went for almost 60 euros! :shock: :shock:
Maybe the buyers didn't know that, but if you are going to spend that kind of money on a figurine you don't know, then take some information on it. I hope the next auctions won't reach such high prices, but as for the BASF Smurf I think for some time the prices will be high.
Hi Paolo, yes I was very disappointed when I saw the end price too. :???:

Another great article Brad, I have just thoroughly enjoyed reading someone else's account of their visit. It does sound very positive for the white raws to be sold online soon. :fingersx:

Thanks. :thanks2:
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby smurfieduck » Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:12 pm
It does sound very positive for the white raws to be sold online soon.
:fingersx:

I sure hope so!! That would be the only fair outcome that could happen, and perhaps then it will stop Ebay sellers ripping people off. :angry:
smurfieduck :-)

Carry on Smurfin' - and have a Smurfin' good day!!!!

Postby bradley » Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:04 am
The Smurf Blimp!

Brad.

Postby Gerda » Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:04 am
Thanks Brad for that picture...

I can just see me driving along and all of a sudden seeing a big smurf blimp up in the sky... wonder if I have good car insurance :) :) :)

gerda
happily smurfing along

Postby Azrael » Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:29 am
Maybe the buyers didn't know that, but if you are going to spend that kind of money on a figurine you don't know, then take some information on it

I don't understand... :-? It's been a long super tuesday! :banghead:
www.britishcollectorsclub.com The Smurf Collectors Club

Postby Rachel » Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:12 pm
That smurf blimp is FANTASTIC!!!! :love:

I think I would crash too Gerda if I spotted it. :shock: :-D

Postby Smurfysmurf » Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:48 pm
I KNOW, I would :banghead: :)
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/
===============================

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Pitufo » Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:08 am
Hi, evryone for all the info!!!!!!!!!

I suppose some of you have done the same, but I have been talking today with Unicef España...I have explained today the problem we have: we want to get a Unicef smurf but paying 10 euros for Unicef, but not 60 euros for private sellers who earn money with things done for charity...

They have told me that is imposible to check all the articles they have with Unicef markings but they will try to get info for me, and look for the way for getting those smurfs directly from unicef...They will go to talk to someone responsabel of this activity and wil let me know!!!!!!

Hope it helps!!!!!!
JOAQUÍN

Postby Guest » Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:42 pm
Good work Joaquin, let us keep our fingers crossed :fingersx:

:-D :beer:

Postby Pitufo » Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:27 pm
I have been checking nad there is an international comic fair at abril in Barcelona...I will be alert and check if they go to another city with comics fairs, and if they do, I will try to spend the weekend of Barcelona´s fair there...

I am sure they will not come to my city...And I can´t understand it: Sevilla is one of the most beautiful places of Europe: history, lovely squares, biuldings, churchs, very pleasant people, excellent weather, excellent food, near the beach...and a very important spanish collector here!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :) :)
JOAQUÍN

Postby Rachel » Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:19 pm
Well I think they should visit Sevilla Joaquin. :mosh:

Great to hear you have contacted UNICEF. Maybe with so many people contacting the different organisations involved, they may realise it is a GOOD thing to sell the smurfs online. :fingersx:

Postby Syd Smurf » Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:13 pm
I can just see me driving along and all of a sudden seeing a big smurf blimp up in the sky... wonder if I have good car insurance
:) :) :)

Yes I can see that too Gerda......

NEWSPAPER HEADLINE - "Smurf Blimp Crashes Smurfmobile - quote from driver of accident - Does anyone out ther have any unwanted smurfs"

Actually I can see you bidding on this on Ebay Gerda......once again, all I can say is......poor poor Robert :) :) :) I am not sure his co-workers would understand about him turning up to work in a smurf blimp though.

Dyar

Postby Gerda » Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:19 pm
[
Actually I can see you bidding on this on Ebay Gerda......once again, all I can say is......poor poor Robert :) :) :) I am not sure his co-workers would understand about him turning up to work in a smurf blimp though.

Dyar
Actually they all know i'm crazy so if he did show up to work in a smurf blimp they would just shrug and think it was normal. It's bad enough i'm selling off all of his stuff that isn't nailed down, I don't think I could get away with selling his car (plus his car is smurf blue so I wouldn't really want to sell it) :) :)
happily smurfing along
Page 6 of 8

Login