Home of the Smurf Community

Local smurfy events and news. Announce news here that is local to your country / area.
Page 7 of 7

Postby Azrael » Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:11 am
I know I seem to have missed the boat on this, but where is the best, most reliable place to get these coins? I thought there we are lot of fakes our there and did not want to get stung,

That's a good idea with the weight Tojo! The seller can't argue with that!
www.britishcollectorsclub.com The Smurf Collectors Club

Postby Tojo » Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:21 am
You can get them from ebay but all of the ones I saw on German ebay were being sold by Starshop Coins but they have them cheaper on their website:-

http://www.starshop-coins.de

They had the coins for the lowest price of all of the companies that I found whilst googling the web. That's also where I bought mine, Maureen's & Gerta's & had no trouble at all & the shipment was very quick too. Apart from Daryl I haven't heard of any problems with this company :-?
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby KiwiSchlumpf » Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:06 pm
that is really bad news Daryl :(

It is really strange that the coin was missing. On the label on the plastic wrapper there is a weight in grammes stamped onto it if I'm not mistaken (I'm at work right now). What does yours say? I'll compare it with the ones I have. If there's a large discrepancy then it might indicate that the coin wan't in the box at the packaging stage.
Hi Tojo

The weight recorded on my box is 0.0615 kg.
starshop coins has now agreed to post a coin as a replacement. yay!

Regards
Daryl :-D

Postby bwalters » Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:11 pm
Hi Daryl; Thats great news. Congrats. Bill

Postby Tojo » Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:13 pm
That's great news Daryl!!

For everyone who wishes to know what they should weigh, the weight on the 4 labels I still have are:-

0.0815 kg
0.0820 kg
0.0855 kg
0.0860 kg

The coins weigh 15 grams which is 0.02 kg

This proves that Daryl's coin was missing from the start :angry: :banghead:

Postby Lia » Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:36 pm
excellent Daryl!!!

Lia

Postby Gerda » Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:59 pm
That is great news Daryl.. good thing Tojo has the labels as proof that your was shipped without coin so there is no argument about it :-D
happily smurfing along

Postby SmurfingH » Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:23 pm
That's great news Daryl! :-D Good work Tojo. :cheers:

Postby KiwiSchlumpf » Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:59 pm
For everyone who wishes to know what they should weigh, the weight on the 4 labels I still have are:-

0.0815 kg
0.0820 kg
0.0855 kg
0.0860 kg

The coins weigh 15 grams which is 0.02 kg

This proves that Daryl's coin was missing from the start :angry: :banghead:
Well now starshop coins is saying they just posted this last week (again the story changes) and that the package at 0.0615 was the weight including the coin.

This from his latest email of excuses...

"If you look at your picture you can calculate the weigth youreselfe.
The coin incl. Package is 0,65 gr and the parcel and paper to fill it is around 130 gr.

So why I should send a second normally ???

I have done , but dont buy again in my shop !!!"

If anyone is looking to buy a smurf coin, I do not recommend this muppet. If things aren't right first time then they probably wont get better.

:angry: :angry: :angry:

Postby Tojo » Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:27 pm
He's talking bullshit as can obviously been seen from the weights of the 4 coins that I received :angry:

I think it's sad that they're messing you about like this as it's not your fault at all.

Let's hope that your replacement arrives safely - this time wth a coin in it!!

I'd film the opening of the package just in case as then you'd have evidence. Check the weight on the label again too & weigh it yourself if you have a good kitchen scales.

Postby bwalters » Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:42 pm
Hey Daryl; send me the postage I will send you a scale if you don't have one. We are about to throw away a bunch of them. They won't work with the new postage machines and won't be good for anything except just weighing things. I don't do drugs or I might keep one myself.LOL I can weigh anything I need to at work which is only about 100 meters or yard away.
Mr Bill

Postby KiwiSchlumpf » Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:18 pm
Good call re filming the opening Tojo but he said he would only send the coin and not the box so weighing it before opening won't be necessary.

Thanks Bill for the offer but I haven't needed scales before so I'll give that a miss thanks.

Things are getting nasty over the email now (both ways), although now he has admitted his mistake.

Postby bwalters » Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:45 pm
Hi Daryl; I really didn't expect you to take me up on it. You would have take out a loan to get it shipped down there. We have several diffrent sizes 4lb up to 100lb. But any of them can tell if you put an extra piece of paper on it. Very accurate.
Mr Bill
Page 7 of 7

Login