Home of the Smurf Community

Local smurfy events and news. Announce news here that is local to your country / area.
Page 4 of 4

Postby SmurfingH » Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:51 am
That was ace Staci, and I could hear it this time! :) :)

Postby SMURFSTEROCKS » Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:15 pm
Gerda, I didn't take any pictures of the people holding the Smurf balloon or any of the other balloons. If they came out in the pictures it was by pure luck.

Eggie, I was a good 25 feet from the parade, just had taller people in front of me. I use a simple digital camera with a 3X zoom lens on it. I was surprised
how great the pictures came out. BTW... Great Video! I don't have a recorder for the TV but I should have had someone done it for me.

Thanks for the photo compliments everyone... If you would like to see all my pictures from the Macy*s Thanksgiving Parade you can click on this link that will take you to my webpage...

http://www.smurfsterocks.com/SmurfGiantBalloon2008.html
(Website is only viewable on Internet Explorer)

Postby bwalters » Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:25 am
Hi Smurfsterocks; Great collection. Great website. Just a couple of things. First I noticed you have a couple of windmills that either are missing one of vanes or the one on the right looks damaged. I have the one on the right that I bought in the late 70's or early 80's any way two of the vanes got broke. That means I have two extra vane's if you would like them. PM me your address. Secondly I have discovered these plastic boxes I get at hobby lobby. They work great for my collection. Keeps the dust off. You may want to look into them. Bill

Postby SMURFSTEROCKS » Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:27 pm
Hi bwalters,
Thanks for the offer on the vanes, but none of the vanes on my windmill
are broken. I only have one picture on my webpage of the windmill, you
sure you're not confusing my website with someone else website?

Those plastic boxes are great to display collectibles. I like what you did
with yours. I'll look into it. First I have to find a Hobby Lobby in my area.
Thanks for the idea.

Postby bwalters » Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:48 pm
Well I guess I am confused. I would have sworn I had just looked at your website then posted that. Well who evers it was I have two vanes if you need them.
Mr Bill

Postby Smurfysmurf » Fri Dec 05, 2008 5:08 am
:welcome: to the forum Smurfster and thanks for posting the great pictures :cheers: It must have been something else to be at the parade :D

Stace, your video was fantastic :-D
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/
===============================

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby SMURFSTEROCKS » Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:27 pm
Thanks for the welcome SmurfySmurf.
I did have a great time at the parade.
It was a smurfy experience!
Page 4 of 4

Login